ADVERTISEMENT

Went to ESPN site to read about our big win.....

Hell, listening to the announcers yesterday it was like listening to the home teams broadcast for UNC. They hit a three pointer and the announcers celebrated it like Tom leach would a game winning basket. Reeves goes down and responds with a huge three from the corner of his own and UNC had the ball past midcourt before they even acknowledged it.

Absolutely nothing on there about it. Not a word. However, there are THREE STORIES ABOUT DUKE right on the first page!!! And they didn't even play yesterday.

What the hell????
Well you can go down about 30 videos and you will see UK videos. But to not have a write up about a top 20 matchup is ridiculous.

ESPN has always hated Kentucky, so no surprise if they barely mention the game.

I bet Kenny Smith had to give Rafferty a hug after Kentucky won. Rafferty was UNCHEATS biggest cheerleader yesterday.

Well, perhaps they should’ve written more about our game. Although, as others noted, if there’s bias involved in that, it more likely has to do with the fact that our game was sponsored by their rival CBS Sports.

I was only taking issue with the bogus claim about three Duke stories on the front page. That appears to have been blatantly false.
I'm not a writer for ESPN. ESPN covers games played on other networks all the time. I'm not saying it bias. Its funny that arguably the best game of the day doesn't get a mention.

Reactions: catben
Just ESPN haters gonna hate. You would think with ESPN being the SEC network they would have this on their but nope. ESPN loves BAMA, UGA, LSU, Florida, Texas AM, Tennessee and soon to be Texas and Oklahoma. Kentucky not so much.
Espn is trash.

Reactions: catben
OK, I did say that there were three Dook stories there that some say was in error. Maybe you are right on that. But they had pictures of Dookies or the Dook team that were links to the stories, and I do not click on Dook crap so I actually do not know what the stories were about. Some appear to be defending the Dookies so I guess there are some Bllue Devil fans on here.

This is the first time actually that I have complained about anything. Since I haven't been here long, I am trying to see what type of posts everyone likes the most, and it appears that most like the complaining, griping, bitching style of posts. Sure enough, I post something complaining about ESPN seemingly ignoring our cats and get lots of complaints about the post.

OK, I did say that there were three Dook stories there that some say was in error. Maybe you are right on that. But they had pictures of Dookies or the Dook team that were links to the stories, and I do not click on Dook crap so I actually do not know what the stories were about. Some appear to be defending the Dookies so I guess there are some Bllue Devil fans on here.

This is the first time actually that I have complained about anything. Since I haven't been here long, I am trying to see what type of posts everyone likes the most, and it appears that most like the complaining, griping, bitching style of posts. Sure enough, I post something complaining about ESPN seemingly ignoring our cats and get lots of complaints about the post.
Nothing wrong with your post. ESPN is most definitely biased towards Duke.

Keep the posts coming. There will be some that disagree with you no matter what you post.That’s actually the best part of this board.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT