ADVERTISEMENT

We have to start completely over now!!!

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
When Pitino came in at rock bottom no one knew he would do what he did. Cal has corrupted everything about Kentucky. Forget Rupp and Wah Wah. Cal has made it all about the NBA. Guys with basic talent are brought in as if they were top level. Life isn't really living when in fear.

How many guys have we seen here that were questionable if they would stay not come here or leave and stay in college forever? In 2015 ok but pro days for some of the teams has to be a joke like last year. Sure a few guys but this isn't 2015 level.

This isn't getting any better we are just going to come closer to actually becoming IU. Cal's legacy is gone and he's destroyed it even more. He's a record breaker and not in a good way.

I held on after the Covid year until St. Peter's and attacked guys on here to be patient. I was wrong and unlike some on here I'm fine with admitting I was wrong. This is getting worse and it's been bad.

Cal is not leaving here happy. Face it. He wants it to be all about him. He supposedly listened to JBH who he said, told him this was a 10 year job. Joe B is gone and it feels as if Cal just used him as a prop.

Everyone sees it but Cal. Or he doesn't care and it's all about the money. Kentucky has become a joke and Cal too. At least nationally they are calling Cal the grifter out. In Lexington I'd be shocked if he got anything but a softball lobbed at him.

So can't fire him because of money. Whatever. But you can make life the hell it should be for making the most storied program of all time into a punchline at 9 mil a year.

giphy.gif

You weren’t wrong because you were patient. You did not have a crystal ball or the benefit of hindsight as you do now.

I still think he deserved the chance to right the ship, he just hasn’t been able to. Time to move on, but… thanks Mitch.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Cal is still Call and always will be ,so with that reality in mind we are already at a disadvantage relative to the rest of college basketball.

Turning our attention to next year vs this year I submit that we are in as good(if not better)position. How many players did we have at this time last year? We had to throw a team together in July.. Now let's look at the players year over year, Dillingham was as advertised, Sheppard was better than we expected, Wagner, Edwards and Bradshaw weren't even close to their billing. Reeves was a question mark, Thiero was an unknown and Z was somewhere in Croatia.

Now to next season Thiero is a likely returnee with a proven record, likely at least 2 others will return. We have 2 guards,2 small forwards and 2 C/PF already on the books. All will be at least as ready to contribute as were Wagner, Edwards ,Bradshaw
and Z(due to his status. We won't have to wait 2 or 3 months for them to be available to play.

We are stuck with Cal and we have to live with that but from a player perspective we are ahead of where we were last year at this time.

How remarkable that after a week of 10,000 angry threads this one would have so many fresh and original insights.
You always bring up Cal’s past but you never discuss the present. You always get mad and say people should take into consideration his work from year one to fifteen, but tell me what he has done recently to warrant being worth what he’s paid?

Cal is still Call and always will be ,so with that reality in mind we are already at a disadvantage relative to the rest of college basketball.

Turning our attention to next year vs this year I submit that we are in as good(if not better)position. How many players did we have at this time last year? We had to throw a team together in July.. Now let's look at the players year over year, Dillingham was as advertised, Sheppard was better than we expected, Wagner, Edwards and Bradshaw weren't even close to their billing. Reeves was a question mark, Thiero was an unknown and Z was somewhere in Croatia.

Now to next season Thiero is a likely returnee with a proven record, likely at least 2 others will return. We have 2 guards,2 small forwards and 2 C/PF already on the books. All will be at least as ready to contribute as were Wagner, Edwards ,Bradshaw
and Z(due to his status. We won't have to wait 2 or 3 months for them to be available to play.

We are stuck with Cal and we have to live with that but from a player perspective we are ahead of where we were last year at this time.
Sorry but I disagree. You are merely projecting with possible returnees. As of this moment while we do not have a single player that has announced they will not return (not counting reeves and tre obviously) no one has confirmed they are returning either. As of this very moment our entire roster is comprised of 6 underwhelming freshmen who as the core of the team would not win more than 10 games. Guards win in March, we had the best trio of guards in the country and lost to Oakland. 2 of those 3 are gone, I suspect the 3rd will be as well. Next year will be a colossal disaster.

no one knows who will stay or go yet. probably won’t know for sure until the end of may, and by that time will have missed on some good transfers.
Maybe there will be some more coaches fired for DUI's to help save Cal again.

Reactions: blubo
When Pitino came in at rock bottom no one knew he would do what he did. Cal has corrupted everything about Kentucky. Forget Rupp and Wah Wah. Cal has made it all about the NBA. Guys with basic talent are brought in as if they were top level. Life isn't really living when in fear.

How many guys have we seen here that were questionable if they would stay not come here or leave and stay in college forever? In 2015 ok but pro days for some of the teams has to be a joke like last year. Sure a few guys but this isn't 2015 level.

This isn't getting any better we are just going to come closer to actually becoming IU. Cal's legacy is gone and he's destroyed it even more. He's a record breaker and not in a good way.

I held on after the Covid year until St. Peter's and attacked guys on here to be patient. I was wrong and unlike some on here I'm fine with admitting I was wrong. This is getting worse and it's been bad.

Cal is not leaving here happy. Face it. He wants it to be all about him. He supposedly listened to JBH who he said, told him this was a 10 year job. Joe B is gone and it feels as if Cal just used him as a prop.

Everyone sees it but Cal. Or he doesn't care and it's all about the money. Kentucky has become a joke and Cal too. At least nationally they are calling Cal the grifter out. In Lexington I'd be shocked if he got anything but a softball lobbed at him.

So can't fire him because of money. Whatever. But you can make life the hell it should be for making the most storied program of all time into a punchline at 9 mil a year.
Well, that's about the size of it. Glad the fog has cleared for you but there are, remarkably, still lost souls wandering in the mist, trying to find their way ... wailing about the horror of it all. Poor souls.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Sorry but I disagree. You are merely projecting with possible returnees. As of this moment while we do not have a single player that has announced they will not return (not counting reeves and tre obviously) no one has confirmed they are returning either. As of this very moment our entire roster is comprised of 6 underwhelming freshmen who as the core of the team would not win more than 10 games. Guards win in March, we had the best trio of guards in the country and lost to Oakland. 2 of those 3 are gone, I suspect the 3rd will be as well. Next year will be a colossal disaster.
Reeves will be tough to replace, it is a fair bet that some of the players who saw significant minutes last year will return. Overall the incoming class can't be all that much worse than what we got out of Wagner, Bradshaw, Edwards (most of the year) and z for a limited time.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Reeves will be tough to replace, it is a fair bet that some of the players who saw significant minutes last year will return. Overall the incoming class can't be all that much worse than what we got out of Wagner, Bradshaw, Edwards (most of the year) and z for a limited time.
Can wait and see how this roster plays out but Theiro in the portal already who was one of the likely to return guys we were counting on. Losing him as a Jr will be tough. I don’t see the roster shaping up to be one that would make Reed want to come back and give another go but again time will tell. Only player who saw significant minutes I see possibly returning right now is Wagner. I may be pleasantly surprised but If I could have picked players I would like to return it would be Reed/theiro/Z/edwards. I would add Wagner to that list but cal would still force feed him 30 minutes a game to the detriment of the team. I don’t think we return any of those 4 however and Wagner who knows but he alone would not make any difference at all in next years team.

I can’t for the life of me understand why uk fans aren’t putting big time heat on Barney it’s a massive failure by our fanbase.
We are. The fanbase is not to blame. If you're looking for the culprit, that would be Mitch the Moron, who ruined everything with that insane, program-crippling contact.

When I was 9, Kentucky played UCLA for the championship, when I was 10 Kentucky won the NIT, when I was 12. Kentucky won the title. Compare that to when I was nine Kentucky won 36% of their games, when I was 10 Kentucky lost to St. Peters, when I was 11 Kentucky lost to K state and when I was 12 Kentucky lost to Oakland. We're going to be losing generations of fans paying this egotistical moron we have coaching.

Reactions: Fox2monk
We are. The fanbase is not to blame. If you're looking for the culprit, that would be Mitch the Moron, who ruined everything with that insane, program-crippling contact.
How about some for sale signs in his yard? How about a billboard listing his monumental failures as ad?

Cal is going to struggle the rest of his time here. Don't listen to the histrionic slurpers and sunshine pumpers, we are in for a long season or two until we get a chance to start over.

The good news is that when the day finally comes, the portal and NIL can help our next coach turn things around pretty quickly.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood2.0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT