ADVERTISEMENT

Now we have a new saying- "Coaches win games, administrations win championships"

Girthang

All-American
Dec 12, 2019
....from Cal on his way out the door.

So.... Cal is the reason we didn't win games, but somehow it's MB's fault we didn't win championships...?

Or is it Barnhart that won us the title in 2012, while Cal won the games?

I'm gonna split the difference and say that Cal didn't win us the title, but clearly lost us the games between here and there.

Great googly moogly I'm glad that feces fountain won't be giving UK pressers anymore. I wonder if my friend will go back to covering UK basketball now...

So.... Cal is the reason we didn't win games, but somehow it's MB's fault we didn't win championships...?

I'm gonna split the difference and say that Cal didn't win us the title, but clearly lost us the games between here and there.

Great googly moogly I'm glad that feces fountain won't be giving UK pressers anymore. I wonder if my friend will go back to covering UK basketball now...
That is Cal placing the blame on Mitch and the administration for all his failures over the last 4 years, glad this cry baby is gone.

Side note- someone I know saw something online that said Drew was hired....? I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that. Is it network news? (I don't watch network news of any kind)

Side note- someone I know saw something online that said Drew was hired....? I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that. Is it network news? (I don't watch network news of any kind)
Was a fake parody account.

I tried to watch Cal's press conference on SEC Now and almost threw up from all the bull crap and double talk, he sounded like a damn career politician up there and laid all his problems at UK on the administration when everyone knows he created all those problems. Thank the Lord he is gone, good luck Arkansas.

Reality hit Cal that he was here for 15 years had some of the best players, rabid fanbase, top facilities, and only mustered one title. His ego took a big hit from all this, let him bark.
God dammit you were so close being a part of Rafters history right next to the likes of fast paste offense and prima donna. Why couldn't you have said "only mustard one title"? You were so close to greatness.

Cal started that crap right after Barnhart wouldn't spend millions on a Craft center upgrade ... so, in my mind, it was Cal trying to extort money from UK hoping to create a backlash from the fans to demand UK give Cal whatever he wanted. Cal BS as per usual.

Okay I am going to take this a different way, Cal is admitting he can't win championships, face it the only reason he won in 2012 was he had an a once in a lifetime player who was willing to sacrifice part of his game and probably his best team player. Look at all the talent this man has had in his career and he could only win one championship so it must be the administrations fault because it is obvious this guy can't coach a lick of real basketball, he is roll the ball out Cal.

Yep Mitch told him to stay with the same dribble drive offense, no zone, no adjustments at half, out of bounds plays aren’t necessary, ruuuuuuunnn, goooooooo….

Used car salesman

Good bye.

I tried to watch Cal's press conference on SEC Now and almost threw up from all the bull crap and double talk, he sounded like a damn career politician up there and laid all his problems at UK on the administration when everyone knows he created all those problems. Thank the Lord he is gone, good luck Arkansas.
I watched with my dad and we both said, simultaneously, he's full of $%^&. All he did was ramble like he does on his call in show.

I'm so glad he won't be representing our school after this. I feel such relief.

It all goes back to his failed attempt to get a new practice facility, IMO.

Reactions: CROCAT
This is why the wheels kinda came off, no self accountability.

Just a little mustard seed of that quality would have been enough to sand off the rough edges that created enough resistance to keep our ball from rolling hard or at least well.

Reactions: Girthang
I watched with my dad and we both said, simultaneously, he's full of $%^&. All he did was ramble like he does on his call in show.

I'm so glad he won't be representing our school after this. I feel such relief.

My buddy said the same thing after the first month of press conferences Cal ever held at UK. It wasn't even January of that year before he stopped wanting to cover or talk about UK basketball at all. I thought he was being overdramatic then.

THIS is the reason why I wanted a younger coach, even if they didn't have titles and final fours under their belt. I didn't know if it was cognitive decline for Cal or that he was always like that. I didn't pay attention to the press conferences when my buddy was covering the Cats. I had no time for that back then.

Doesn't matter what I want though, and I'm glad I didn't listen to my friend, because I got to enjoy the run we went on after Cal got here, and he didn't really. In the end, though, he was dead right about Cal, but he's no better off for it

Reactions: JoshAllenFan
The funny thing is Cal was given almost complete autonomy to run the program with very little oversight from Mitch. So in effect, Cal was the administration, too. He only thing he couldn't do on his own was build facilities... and like that had jack to do with his ability to win championships. So pathetic and childish.

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT