ADVERTISEMENT

We have to remember and accept …

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
Even the “Blue Bloods” are not impervious to the call of the portal, if not the NBA. Everyone hates that for college sports, but it is what it is. Pope appears to be doing an excellent job of maneuvering through this new landscape … and is learning fast. I think he is off to good start, so far, for the upcoming season. I like his gets.
However, I expect roster turnover will continue here, just like most everywhere else. GO CATS !!!

Even the “Blue Bloods” are not impervious to the call of the portal, if not the NBA. Everyone hates that for college sports, but it is what it is. Pope appears to be doing an excellent job of maneuvering through this new landscape … and is learning fast. I think he is off to good start, so far, for the upcoming season. I like his gets.
However, I expect roster turnover will continue here, just like most everywhere else. GO CATS !!!
Of course it will, I just hope he mixes in multi year guys and some top flight prospects each year. At least he won’t have to recruit an entire team every single cycle.

Of course it will, I just hope he mixes in multi year guys and some top flight prospects each year. At least he won’t have to recruit an entire team every single cycle.
YES !!! That is desired and certainly the plan. Fingers will remain crossed that most “multi-year” guys will end up actually being “multi-year” guys and not succumb to draw of the the portal for more minutes or money.

Last edited:
YES !!! That is desired and certainly the plan. Fingers will remain crossed that most “multi-year” guys will end up being “multi-year” guys and not succumb to draw if the the portal for more minutes or money.
No doubt a few will. Just the nature of the beast, we need to watch what Carolina is doing. They are keeping their best guys multiple years. Start re recruiting the base of your team first would be my advice. Some will probably want out for different reasons but it has to be navigated now.

Reactions: megablue
It’s also not about having the best roster, but I also have coaches who have a system and can coach kids up. Cal has had arguably the best rosters in college basketball 10 to 12 out of the last 15 years but he can’t coach so what did it get him developing a roster over the long term and yes you’re gonna lose three or four guys every year but having a core to stay three or four years is the key

Even more so, that this is his first year. A month ago he was still living in Utah. In some ways, he probably gets a pass for almost any results this year (barring a real bad year).

You worded this in a most clever way .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT