ADVERTISEMENT

Viable Assistant Coach Replacements?

Won't matter. Cal only listens to Cal.
The offense changed dramatically this year. Get a Chris Beard or Tony Bennett disciple and let them re-design the defense like Welch did the offense.

(With that said I'm curious to see what the offense looks like next year if we don't have the shooters we did this year...)

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
Ksr acted like Ken Coleman was horrible behind the scenes and I haven't heard anything what are some of the things he's done
There were some allusions to one of the assistants keeping the bars in business, I don't know if that was about Coleman or not. But they did say he's supposed to be the defense guy on the staff, so that's clearly not working.

Reactions: cats#1again
Rick Pitino.

You’ve heard it from me before and you will hear it from me again. It’s the only thing we can do to Cal that 33 Million Dollars can’t save him from.

Bring in Pitino as the in game coach and Cal as the recruiter. He’d probably get the hell out oftown. Co head coaches.Win win I don’t Cal would go for it

It definitely seems like one of the biggest problems this locker room has is chin

If I was Mitch, I would've pretty much demanded another assistant coach shakeup. It's happened a few times and we thought it would help, but ultimately it hasn't done much for the on-court product.

What the hell does Antigua do that's worth $850K? Recruit and what else? He was a shitty head coach. I think him and Chin both play the "big brother/guidance counselor" role, which is important for young players, but I haven't really seen what else they bring to the table. It's certainly not game prep. Clearly Reed and Dilly should've started, but getting our ass kicked every game in the first 4 minutes points to poor coaching and preparation. Period. And typically assistants are largely responsible for game plans.

It goes without saying that loser Bruiser Flint should be gone. Fire a couple of assistants and bring in a film nerd to help with game prep, along with another developmental guy like Welch. And keep Ulis as a mentor to the point guards.

Won't matter. Cal only listens to Cal.
That’s what I’m afraid of, we have already switched assistants once all the way around and it did nothing. Welch seems to be a great hire and our offense was great, until Cal decided to go against it the most important games of the season.

Are there any names out there that would be a great replacement for our current awful assistant coaches?
Why not Scott Padgett and Jeff Sheppard? They have already "coached" one UK team to a national championship and certainly Jeff Sheppard has demonstrated that he can prepare a high school player to succeed at the college level.
Are there any names out there that would be a great replacement for our current awful assistant coaches?

• Wow
Reactions: PoppawCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT