ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has Stoops …

Twice the salary ... $18 million a year needed to get a proven coach to come to Kentucky. That seems to be the same opinion of UK that Barnhart had when he hired Stoops, who was unproven as a head coach. Barnharts attitude was he's the best we can do because no one wants to coach here. There's a reason for that losing attitude. Fix that first, even if it mean another AD. Everyone seems to be so ready to apologize for UK's sucking past. Sucking how? Facilities, budget, fanbase? I think not. It's nothing more than a stereotype and that's what truly sucks.

Ok so name a coach that would take the job, what salary you think is fair and what the expectations are for the coach.

Losing attitude does not mean living in a fantasy land like some fans.

I think Kentucky can get better and expected better results last year and more than likely this year, however I am curious as to which of the following would take the job:

Jim harbaugh
Nick Saban
Kirby Smart

And what salary it would take to get them at Kentucky?

If you want to be in the playoff every year you absolutely are going to have to pay a premium.

Is that your expectations for the next coach at Kentucky?

Last edited:
I agree 110% that agents play ADs to leverage a good season into more $.

This doesn’t change the reality that UK will always have to overpay a coach to keep him. UK is not a historical destination job and a coach who wins at UK will be pursued by other schools. Nothing creates more short term harm to a program than having to change coaches.

Here are the questions ADs have to answer. “How much will it cost if the next coach fails and how long will it take a new coach to win?” ADs know it will cost them more than $2-3 mil a year if future coach doesn’t work out. Thus, it is better to overpay your current coach IF the program is in solid shape.

Yes, agents leverage this argument to get their clients more money.
CMS isn’t exactly chomping at the bit to adapt. It’s not like he’s clawing for advantages week to week year to year. He is COMFY and has a boss whose expectations are win the gimme games, beat the dregs of the sec and be one of the 75% of div 1 teams in a bowl game. Our AD went to war to prevent a 9th league game and protect a coach who’s being paid like a conquering hero.

As 4th highest odds to replace Harbaugh at Michigan if they have a coaching change.

Some fans think they are smarter than Vegas and national football insiders who know and analyze football. The crowd that thinks Stoops is mediocre and should be fired have NO grasp of college football … and more specifically no grasp of what Stoops has accomplished at UK.

I’m not saying he, or any coach, is perfect or should not be criticized. His greatest accomplishment may be that after having two 10 win seasons in the last 5 years, defeating Fla 3 straight years, defeating SC seven out of last nine years, etc … that some fans want to fire him. This is same UK that football experts called “a grave yard for football coaches.”

No, I do not want to settle for 6-7 wins a year. But Stoops is the person responsible for raising expectations. We threw parties and named babies after coaches who won 6-7 games before Stoops’ arrival. Anyone who expected a steady and linear climb doesn’t grasp the reality of SEC football.

Mark it down, if Stoops leaves this year for another school we will be chasing Vandy for 13th place in SEC! It will set UK football back 5 years.
Many people have compared Coach Stoops to Coach Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech. Coach Beamer was highly successful at Virginia Tech. Beamer coached 29 years at Virginia Tech. However, it took him time to build Virginia Tech. Here's some interesting facts about his record, maybe it will put Stoops record in a little different perspective for people to consider. His first Virginia Tech team went 2-9. In Beamer's first 10 years he had two 10 win seasons. His record the first 10 years was 61- 51. In his eleventh year his team went 7-5. That's a record of 68-56 after his first eleven seasons.

Sixteen of his 29 years at Virginia Tech his team lost 4 or more games. Coach Beamer is regarded as one of the best in college football and built a great team at Virginia Tech. He took Virginia Tech to 23 bowl games - his bowl record was 11-12. He retired in 2015 , that was 8 years ago, Virginia Tech has had 3 winning seasons since he retired. The road to success in a non traditional football school is hard to build - and is hard to maintain! The grass always looks greener - but many times it isn't as green as it seems!

Go Big Blue1

Ok so name a coach that would take the job, what salary you think is fair and what to it expectations are for the coach.

Losing attitude does not mean living in a fantasy land like some fans.

I think Kentucky can get better and expected better results last year and more than likely this year, however I am curious as to which of the following would take the job:

Jim harbaugh
Nick Saban
Kirby Smart

And what salary it would take to get them at Kentucky?

If you want to be in the playoff every year you absolutely are going to have to pay a premium.

Is that your expectations for the next coach at Kentucky?
The answer is not with these coaches. The coach that I could see is young, hungry and runs a dynamic system ... he just needs an opportunity on a bigger stage. Big money is not going to make a mediocre coach something that they are not. Stoops makes, on average, what the best are making nationally and he's not one of the best. Wish it were different but it's not. If you enjoy what you see with Stoops, then you're sold on Stoops, so enjoy that moment. I'm just not there. Hope he can prove me wrong.

The answer is not with these coaches. The coach that I could see is young, hungry and runs a dynamic system ... he just needs an opportunity on a bigger stage. Big money is not going to make a mediocre coach something that they are not. Stoops makes, on average, what the best are making nationally and he's not one of the best. Wish it were different but it's not. If you enjoy what you see with Stoops, then you're sold on Stoops, so enjoy that moment. I'm just not there. Hope he can prove me wrong.

I hope he can prove you wrong too, but if you are truly unhappy with the overall success he has had so far I don’t think there is anything he could do to help that.

A young up and coming coach that is a complete wildcard over the programs most successful coach ever seems very risky to be honest.

What are your expectations of this new person and how long would you give them to reach them?

There are a handful of guys that will get a call before CMS. Most of those names are incoming PAC coaches and coordinators.

After those names I'd throw in their DC who has put together a nice defense currently leading the country. Keep things pretty much in house and the ball rolling with what Harbaugh has built overall.

Then I think Heupel will be a top call for a lot of jobs dude can put points on the board and is well on his way to a 4th 11-12 win season in 6 years as HC.

Mike Denbrock, LSU OC, should get some looks from programs as well. He seems to be fine being a co-pilot. He has had a hell of a career putting up points for BK. I suspect he's probably turned down offers before. The tiger offense this year is nice, well balanced, and leading the country.

We'll see how Ole Miss finishes, but I feel like Kiffin is always a name, however, I think he's found a good fit in Oxford.

I just don't buy any of your rationale b/c it seems to be that you choose to believe what someone else tells you to believe. Vegas oddsmakers deal in probabilities based on chance. Building a football program isn't a product of chance. If we're going to sit around and listen to others and choose to believe it, we might as well just fold tents. I just can't stand this type of mentality because all it has ever produced is a level of mediocrity that expects the fans to consider our past, believe it can never change and be thankful that we should never expect to be any better. Everything in life starts with ATTITUDE ... an attitude of excellence and expectation of excellence, hard work and belief. Our AD doesn't seem to believe that UK can ever be anything greater than what you see today but as a part of our fanbase, I believe that with the right personnel in place, UK can achieve anything they want. This type of thinking will ensure our mediocrity for years to come and is wrong on every level, IMO. I just won't accept it and see it as a losing mentality. Mark Stoop is no one to celebrate because all he does is give life to the old stereotype that UK is a coaching graveyard. Stoops is a coordinator, at best, and is way in over his head. Just my opinion.
You sound very successful. By your standards you should be within the top 100 in your field. And UK can’t achieve anything it wants with the best personnel because we can’t predict who will be the best personnel going forward. And believe it or not, UK for most of its football history has been a coaches graveyard.

I hope Stoops does leave...maybe when we go back to having 2-10 seasons, you all will be happy...I take that back...you all will never be happy.

I wouldn't blame him if he did leave, no one appreciates him for the job he has done here. He has done things the right way. But nothing will EVER be good enough.

This sounds like the guys on Rafters that act like if Calipari leaves UK will go back to the coach G or down tubby years.

Stoops has done well here but let's stop pretending he is the only guy that can lead uk to a bowl game going forward most seasons.

Huh? What does that have to do with the judgement that stoops is paid too much?
For me, whether or not I'm paying someone's salary determines whether or not I think his salary is too high/low. Does Stoops win enough to justify his salary? I don't care personally. The question I care about, and the only thing I judge him by, does he win enough? Questions along the lines of does his average cost per SEC win is for those who sign his checks.

It's also tricky to talk about without taking into consideration the wider coaching market, because Stoops salary is reflective of the broader trends (like our home price by itself isn't as telling as our home price based on similar comps in our neighborhood). If we only talk about his salary through our narrow piece of college football then it's going to be skewed.

It can get more complicated from there. Stoops salary compared to other head coaches (not coordinators) with his SEC win percentage, his recruiting budget, his assistant salary pool, etc. If someone wants to judge a head coach salary that got to come up with accurate comparisons to make to have a decent understanding imo.

This sounds like the guys on Rafters that act like if Calipari leaves UK will go back to the coach G or down tubby years.

Stoops has done well here but let's stop pretending he is the only guy that can lead uk to a bowl game going forward most seasons.

Not to start that debate but not much of a difference in cals last few years and the down years.

There is a huge drop off to stoops and the down years at Kentucky.

Also basketball and football not even close to compare, however I absolutely agree with you and believe when stoops does hang it up Kentucky can find a bowl every year type coach.

He drives a hard bargain - no doubt - but he's not a magician conjuring millions dollar increases without credible attention from other schools. He's not that slick. He's an agent who is good at representing his clients, not a silver tongued devil.
Yes he has manufactured things before and will again. A big 10 school might be fine with him philosophically but the guy hasn't shown he can provide effective offense and it limits how interested schools are. To be clear, I'm not for firing him or anything but he's got his warts or somebody would've ponied up for him to move on. If this were to happen i would be interested in seeing whether he would retain clink or put his buddy buffano back on as a coach again.

For me, whether or not I'm paying someone's salary determines whether or not I think his salary is too high/low. Does Stoops win enough to justify his salary? I don't care personally. The question I care about, and the only thing I judge him by, does he win enough? Questions along the lines of does his average cost per SEC win is for those who sign his checks.

It's also tricky to talk about without taking into consideration the wider coaching market, because Stoops salary is reflective of the broader trends (like our home price by itself isn't as telling as our home price based on similar comps in our neighborhood). If we only talk about his salary through our narrow piece of college football then it's going to be skewed.

It can get more complicated from there. Stoops salary compared to other head coaches (not coordinators) with his SEC win percentage, his recruiting budget, his assistant salary pool, etc. If someone wants to judge a head coach salary that got to come up with accurate comparisons to make to have a decent understanding imo.
I don't care what stoops makes but it's also lala land to think more criticism isn't going to come with it. What frustrates me more is we gave him 2m/yr more instead of raising our recruiting budget 2m/yr to match UT to be able to go out and cast wider nets. And in case everyone has missed it our athletics budget is now higher than UT so this thing of 'we have to do all of it with smoke and mirrors' isn't exactly accurate. I'm more for doing things that make the program better no matter who is there. And you would think coaches would want that too.

Beamer coached 29 years at Virginia Tech. However, it took him time to build Virginia Tech.
I enjoyed and respected Beamer Sr. His run is a model UK hopefully can emulate. You also have to take in consideration he was in a weak ACC and on opposite side of Fla State in the conference. (I think.) SEC currently has six of the twelve teams that have won it all since 2000. Okla and Tx will make it eight out of twelve teams next year. (That's 2/3rds of previous national champions in our conference.) That does not inclue Tn that won in '98, which makes it 75% of teams with championships since '98.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the internet is the place where everyone gets a voice. I am not trying to silence anyone.

Just thought some logic needed to be tossed into the conversation about Stoops. I'm not claiming everyone who disagrees with me is illogical. However, I do want to hear the other side use logic to defend their position instead of blind optimism of "what could be if the fanbase and AD just demanded more." If we could "demand" ourselves to the top of the SEC we would've done it a long time ago!

Stoops isn't going anywhere any time soon. He's not a realistic coaching candidate for elite programs and he's doing just enough to keep afloat here. We'd have to have 2-3 losing seasons in a row for his seat to get warm at UK.

It would also be a major career mistake for Stoops to take one of those high level jobs too. The performance expectation level at a program like Michigan is beyond him. He's not an elite coach and would lose games that would get him fired there within a few seasons.

If Iowa comes calling, Stoops may very well take the leap to go coach there.

Many people have compared Coach Stoops to Coach Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech. Coach Beamer was highly successful at Virginia Tech. Beamer coached 29 years at Virginia Tech. However, it took him time to build Virginia Tech. Here's some interesting facts about his record, maybe it will put Stoops record in a little different perspective for people to consider. His first Virginia Tech team went 2-9. In Beamer's first 10 years he had two 10 win seasons. His record the first 10 years was 61- 51. In his eleventh year his team went 7-5. That's a record of 68-56 after his first eleven seasons.

Sixteen of his 29 years at Virginia Tech his team lost 4 or more games. Coach Beamer is regarded as one of the best in college football and built a great team at Virginia Tech. He took Virginia Tech to 23 bowl games - his bowl record was 11-12. He retired in 2015 , that was 8 years ago, Virginia Tech has had 3 winning seasons since he retired. The road to success in a non traditional football school is hard to build - and is hard to maintain! The grass always looks greener - but many times it isn't as green as it seems!

Go Big Blue1
Beamer didn't coach in this ridiculous tv contract era where way more schools have at least adequate financial resources and there was no transfer portal. These are new times. I keep seeing a ton of posts comparing things to past uk coaches, other coaches etc and i'm not sure there is much relevancy to those. In the 80's there were only like 17 bowl games. In 2006, the ncaa went to 12 game seasons and there were 30+ bowls, we also cut out Indiana so we only had 1 p5 non conference opponent...there are now over 40 bowls. In this era of current scheduling formulas we have been to bowls 12 of 17 years. Joker missed 2 and stoops missed 3.

We are 7th in the sec in athletics budget now with stability of tv contracts that others have. Doesn't mean some others don't still hold some advantages over us but the gap is the least it has ever been and while stoops has done a 'good' job he also has more at his disposal than any other coach that has ever been here to overcome natural deficiencies. Not to mention we live in the most transient time of human history....more kids with a willingness to leave where they are and Nashville has grown in producing football the last decade to where you now have a bordering state to the north and one to the south that pumps out 80-100 p5 players a year. Joker's last season the sec east opponents win % was 69%. In this bowl run for stoops it's down 13 points or so and that's not from us pulling an extra conference win or two a year. The pack came back to us some and he has taken advantage. The east schedule will no longer be an advantage. But we also need to acknowledge that things are as favorable as they've ever been these days. I mean wvu has more history than we do to lean on but what does that have to do with anything in the current landscape. You think stoops would trade having a schedule where they only had one non p5 OOC opponent to play? Stoops doesn't need to be run off but I'm just done with the thought that he's the only guy on the planet that could achieve something under the current circumstances. I also won't assert that just anybody could do it. I just don't feel like that is justifiable because 'nobody else did this here...' I appreciate that he has built something but he also was given some things to build with. That can't be said for the history of Uk FB. And I'm not overly praising barnhart for that, we could be doing more for whomever is coaching.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
I don't care what stoops makes but it's also lala land to think more criticism isn't going to come with it. What frustrates me more is we gave him 2m/yr more instead of raising our recruiting budget 2m/yr to match UT to be able to go out and cast wider nets. And in case everyone has missed it our athletics budget is now higher than UT so this thing of 'we have to do all of it with smoke and mirrors' isn't exactly accurate. I'm more for doing things that make the program better no matter who is there. And you would think coaches would want that too.

Athletic budget doesn’t matter in a conversation about football if you spend less.

Tennessee spends over $10 million more in football than Kentucky does.

Also recruiting money unfortunately comes down to the fans these days and not the schools. How comparable do you think Tenn and UK’s collective is for football?

It’s not like they can take that $2 million raise and give it to players and if they did other schools would follow suit and UK would be in the same spot.

I like Coach Stoops, and want to keep him, in spite of being disappointed in the team this season. Saturday was gut wrenching. Mizzou was worse, and UGA just embarrassing, when it didn't have to be so. I'll tell you what I really think about the future based on the full season and signing day.

Mostly, the passing offense has just been near putrid again, when it was expected to come back to '21 form or better. Well... it hasn't and probably won't. So, there you go. We've dropped three. I'm already thinking about next season, though still interested in the present.

If somehow the passing game hits stride in Starkville, we might be done losing this season. This board will be comical if we win out. Comical.

lol. my published edit wasn't what i wanted to say.

"For me, if i'm not paying someone's salary it is irrelevant to whether or not I think his salary is too high/low."

I make the judgement based on performance while adjusting for all the other conditions I listed.

Sure there will be criticism but I don't see arguments about pay as valid. Because Head Coach A makes $X a year doesn't mean he gets Y number of wins.

...the athletic budget is misleading. UT still outspends UK in terms of football spending specifically.

...UK's recruiting budget is publicly disclosed? I'd like to see that number, been looking for it for years.

Yes he has manufactured things before and will again.
Sexton is not a magician. He uses all the leverage he has, but he can't create leverage out of nothing. If he could, he'd have a bigger calling than being a sports agent.

Athletic budget doesn’t matter in a conversation about football if you spend less.

Tennessee spends over $10 million more in football than Kentucky does.

Also recruiting money unfortunately comes down to the fans these days and not the schools. How comparable do you think Tenn and UK’s collective is for football?

It’s not like they can take that $2 million raise and give it to players and if they did other schools would follow suit and UK would be in the same spot.
That is exactly true. That's on barnhart.

No doubt NIL plays a part but transfers are strategic and about implementation and evaluation as much as the amount spent. Just like we have larger NIL than certain other schools. It shouldn't be an easy answer out of everything. Arkansas, a&m, and sc are schools woefully underperforming with large nil. Coaches just have to be good at what they do and the choices they make. Doesn't mean we can't spend more on the front end to help things out as well.

Reactions: Jont0805
Sure there will be criticism but I don't see arguments about pay as valid. Because Head Coach A makes $X a year doesn't mean he gets Y number of wins.

...the athletic budget is misleading. UT still outspends UK in terms of football spending specifically.

...UK's recruiting budget is publicly disclosed? I'd like to see that number, been looking for it for years.

Reactions: YaketySax

Go Big Blue1
Beamer is a good comparison to Stoops as far as career paths. Not mentioned but to me his most significant achievements is winning 4 ACC Championships. And no I'm not suggesting that if we keep Stoops another 10 years will win 4 SEC championships :)

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Michigan is not going to hire a coach with ONE regular season win against a team that finished ranked in the last 7 years.
Wow.

A carefully crafted statement proving Benjamin Disraeli’s statement that there are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics!!

Your “7 years” excludes his win over Louisville 8 years, ago, and your “regular season” parameter excludes three wins over ranked opponents in post season bowl games, including the Big Ten West champion, Iowa, 2021/22.

Michigan might look at a coach who has more wins over ranked teams than Frank Beamer had in his first 11 seasons, and more ranked wins than the UK program had produced in the 35 seasons prior to his arrival..

Last edited:
Coach Beamer was highly successful at Virginia Tech.
Coach Beamer inherited a program with 7 successive winning seasons prior to his arrival in Blacksburg. The season prior to his arrival was a 9 win campaign.

The program Stoops inherited had not had 9 wins in 29 seasons prior to his arrival, and had not had 7 winning seasons in a row in 58 years.

VPI finished ranked 20th the year before Beamer’s arrival. Kentucky had not completed a season as a ranked team in 29 seasons prior to 2013.

A good argument can be made that Stoops had a heavier lift at UK than did Beamer at VPI.

Last edited:
Wow.

A carefully crafted statement proving Benjamin Disraeli’s statement that there are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics!!

Your “7 years” excludes his win over Louisville 8 years, ago, and your “regular season” parameter excludes three wins over ranked opponents in post season bowl games, including the Big Ten West champion, Iowa, 2021/22.

Michigan might look at a coach who has more wins over ranked teams than Frank Beamer had in his first 11 seasons, and more ranked wins than the UK program had produced in the 35 seasons prior to his arrival..
I thought about saying the school that hired Brady Hoke of San Diego St needs a bunch of big wins on a candidate's CV?

Reactions: bballcat4
Just think about it. You are defending a coach with ONE regular season win over a team who finished ranked. That is ONE out of 78 games. Let’s build him 2 statues since he had another one EIGHT seasons ago!!

Not to start that debate but not much of a difference in cals last few years and the down years.

There is a huge drop off to stoops and the down years at Kentucky.

Also basketball and football not even close to compare, however I absolutely agree with you and believe when stoops does hang it up Kentucky can find a bowl every year type coach.

Oh I agree about the past 3 seasons for calipari. I just didn't want to get into that on this forum. Some posters on Rafters still crazily think he is the best we can do. Cal from 2010 to 2019 was great overall minus not winning a 2nd title. If he leaves for ucla amazing the 180 his tenure is remembered for in due time. He stayed too long and every season his rep and legacy takes a bigger hit.

I agree on Stoops doing way better when UKs worse and that is a credit to him but also shows how low the bar is historically at UK. It's tough to raise expectations when NIL is gonna make the haves gap from the have not even bigger each season more we get into it. We are a have not sadly n the sec.

Reactions: Jont0805
As 4th highest odds to replace Harbaugh at Michigan if they have a coaching change.

Some fans think they are smarter than Vegas and national football insiders who know and analyze football. The crowd that thinks Stoops is mediocre and should be fired have NO grasp of college football … and more specifically no grasp of what Stoops has accomplished at UK.

I’m not saying he, or any coach, is perfect or should not be criticized. His greatest accomplishment may be that after having two 10 win seasons in the last 5 years, defeating Fla 3 straight years, defeating SC seven out of last nine years, etc … that some fans want to fire him. This is same UK that football experts called “a grave yard for football coaches.”

No, I do not want to settle for 6-7 wins a year. But Stoops is the person responsible for raising expectations. We threw parties and named babies after coaches who won 6-7 games before Stoops’ arrival. Anyone who expected a steady and linear climb doesn’t grasp the reality of SEC football.

Mark it down, if Stoops leaves this year for another school we will be chasing Vandy for 13th place in SEC! It will set UK football back 5 years.
lol... 2018 I think was a pretty good year...lol

Time to roll the dice...

Stoops is a good, but not great coach.... we have 11 years of work to sift thru.

Time for Barnhart to start the coaching search for 2025's season....

Don't be scared....if we don't take a chance then we'll be stuck in mediocrity.... with OKL and TX coming to town to drop us even further.

Go CATS!

For those that are anxious to turn the page on the Stoops era as a reminder if you lose Stoops you also lose arguably one of the most talented young OCs to come along who is just now starting to get the offense geared up. You also lose one of the best recruiting coordinators in college football. For those that don't remember I can tell you recruiting here was the pitts before Vince Marrow was given the task. Lastly you will have to give any new coach at least 3 years to build it into his vision and there will be a lot of bumps along the way.

My opinion in the simplest of terms is we are in pretty good shape now with the offense and ST, it's the defense that has collapsed this year, but Stoops has a tract record of building high quality top 20/25 defenses so the probability of him fixing the D while we continue to hum along in the other two areas is much greater than starting all over again with someone unproven and expect him to reach that level.

Last edited:
For those that are anxious to turn the page on the Stoops era as a reminder if you lose Stoops you also lose arguable when on the most talented young OCs to come along who is just now starting to get the offense geared up. You also lose one of the best recruiting coordinators in college football. For those that don't remember I can tell you recruiting here was the pitts before Vince Marrow was given the task. Lastly you will have to give any new coach at least 3 years to build it into his vision and there will be a lot of bumps along the way.

My opinion in the simplest of terms is we are in pretty good shape now with the offense and ST, it's the defense that has collapsed this year, but Stoops has a tract record of building high quality top 20/25 defenses so the probability of him fixing the D while we continue to hum along in the other two areas is much greater than starting all over again with someone unproven and expect him to reach that level.
Stoops is getting beaten by coaches who are only in the 1st or second years.

Reactions: law1127 and FltDoc
We are at the same type of position with Stoops that we were with Brooks at one time. We were ready to take that next step, but the athletics department had to step up and do what they promised Brooks with regard to facilities. They failed Brooks for YEARS and he was never able to take us to that next level, because recruits saw (what it looked like to everyone) that the department was never going to invest in football as promised.

Brooks needed to be able to bring in the 4 and 5 stars, but he didn't have the support of the fans, the admin, or the boosters.

Stoops has gotten some support of the admin. We are now nearly caught up to where the rest of the SEC was 10 years ago. However, our football recruiting budget is still being eaten up to a good extent by other sports, and we are not yet even with the other schools in terms of fan and booster support. The GameDay atmosphere is a little better. The stadium and recruiting center are better, but we're not outdoing the big dogs in the marketing of our program and players. We're not keeping up with UT EVEN. In some ways, even UL is taking football more seriously than our admin takes it.

That's pretty sad.

If anyone with ANY SENSE looked at our two 10 win seasons and can't see how we might have had 1 or 2 more wins with just 3 or 4 more great players, there's no point in talking to them. (So I don't)

We aren't that far from where we need to be, but anyone with a freakin brain knows the hardest part of the hill to pedal is when you get to and past that inflection point. That last part of the hill is a FRICKN GRIND and it's not for faint hearted back stabbers who give up on EVERYONE and EVERYTHING TOUGH so easily. This program is a few stupid decisions, bad execution on a dozen plays, and a few players short of a 1 loss season right now, with an outside shot at beating Bama at home.

Shitheads always give up right before it gets better. They always look for guarantees and can't miss stuff, and so they miss out on the best things. Fk EM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT