ADVERTISEMENT

Vandagriiff has been Wiltfonged

According to TOS, Vandagriff’s dad said that Brock will likely commit & then visit. And, he said the decision would be made either this weekend, or, next weekend, as @Bereacat420 said. His dad also said they want to stay in the SEC & mentioned that South Carolina & Miss St have also reached out & that Jeff Lebby was “intriguing”. But, there sure seems to be a lot of smoke for UK & Wiltfong’s prediction cements that.

According to TOS, Vandagriff’s dad said that Brock will likely commit & then visit. And, he said the decision would be made either this weekend, or, next weekend, as @Bereacat420 said. His dad also said they want to stay in the SEC & mentioned that South Carolina & Miss St have also reached out & that Jeff Lebby was “intriguing”. But, there sure seems to be a lot of smoke for UK & Wiltfong’s prediction cements that.
Based on everything I'm reading, it sounds like he is ours to lose. The only thing that slightly concerns me is South Carolina as Beamer was his lead recruiter at Oklahoma when he initially committed there.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
This guy does not excite me at all. Unreal.

That's a little unfair to him, but it's also unfair to him for expectations to be through the roof for him. He is a kid with some skills that entering his 4th season zero starts for whatever reason. He is a good kid that has a chance to have a good college career, but as of now he hasn't done much.

Reactions: SeanCain and UKat1
That's a little unfair to him, but it's also unfair to him for expectations to be through the roof for him. He is a kid with some skills that entering his 4th season zero starts for whatever reason. He is a good kid that has a chance to have a good college career, but as of now he hasn't done much.
He probably wanted to go with Destin Wade instead!

How much would you have expected him to do up to this point when Stetson Bennett was in the QB room for 2 of his seasons?

The odds of a freshman being able to come in and beat Bennett for the starting job have to be astronomically small.

How much would you have expected him to do up to this point when Stetson Bennett was in the QB room for 2 of his seasons?

The odds of a freshman being able to come in and beat Bennett for the starting job have to be astronomically small.
That is a good point...when Stetson decided to come back for his final year....you have to go with QB1 off national champ team.

Now not beating out Beck....sort of on Vandagriff. But again, Beck was a top 4 SEC QB to me...so hard to argue Brock may still have bigtime QB game in him.

That is a good point...when Stetson decided to come back for his final year....you have to go with QB1 off national champ team.

Now not beating out Beck....sort of on Vandagriff. But again, Beck was a top 4 SEC QB to me...so hard to argue Brock may still have bigtime QB game in him.
Exactly. It seems to me that this past season was realistically his first chance at winning the starting job.

He obviously didn’t, but sometimes teams have two good QBs and one is going to win and one is going to lose. But that doesn’t mean the QB who lost isn’t talented and capable.

Whether that proves to be the case with Vandagriff remains to be seen, but I don’t think you can totally write him off simply because he didn’t win the starting job.

Well it’s not like he has been playing behind trash.

Agreed. But there are a boat load of QB’s who wouldn’t have beat out Beck.

Reactions: K_TIME
Nothing against the kid Grumpy. Not his fault he hasn’t played. We need an experienced kid that can step in and play in Coens system. And apparently we will need another backup since Sheron is leaving. Stoops has it under control. No worries.

I am afraid to ask who does excite you but, I guess I’ll give it a go. Who is your fave qb in the portal that we can land?
I like the Howard kid from Kansas St. Have seen him a few times and he is damn good. How about the Ohio St kid or what about trying for the OK qback. They are pretty damn good. Nil will play into this big time but you have to reach for the stars.

I’d say Will Levis throwing darts in TN helped him make his decision plus Coen has NFL experience.

Reactions: entropy13
I'm extremely high on this kid. I don't want to saddle him with unrealistic expectations, but I think he has the potential to be the most talented QB UK has had since Tim Couch. And he could be even better! I've watched enough video on this guy to know he can make all the throws, even the deep ones, despite his odd throwing motion. The guy has a cannon for an arm. He is athletic enough to be a serious threat with his feet too. And he's had several years of coaching at one of the best programs in the entire country. I think he'll hit the ground running here and continue to get better and better as the season goes along and he gets more in-game experience. I am extremely excited about Vandagriff because the kid is just oozing with high end potential. Again, we'd have to go back to the Tim Couch days to find someone with the same degree of high end potential.

Reactions: postmodernprimate

Bennett was a walk-on correct? Likely that the "experts" just missed his evaluation. But he was a walk-on.

I like the Howard kid from Kansas St. Have seen him a few times and he is damn good. How about the Ohio St kid or what about trying for the OK qback. They are pretty damn good. Nil will play into this big time but you have to reach for the stars.
Unrealistic.

Bennett wasn't the starter, and I think it's safe to say most people would expect a 5* frost to be on par with a 2* walking. The starter our first game that year was Dewane Mathis who was awful, JT Daniels replaced him in the opener, he was recovering from some injury, he played a couple games and had some type injury and Stetson took over. So starting the Stet was 3rd string and Beck I guess was 4th and BV was 5th. Stetson didn't give up the spot, Daniels and Mathis transferred. Beck won the next QB competition. No idea if Beck is returning, but Stockton has always been a Bobo guy, families have been close for years, Stockton and Vandergriff were very close.

Bennett wasn't the starter, and I think it's safe to say most people would expect a 5* frost to be on par with a 2* walking. The starter our first game that year was Dewane Mathis who was awful, JT Daniels replaced him in the opener, he was recovering from some injury, he played a couple games and had some type injury and Stetson took over. So starting the Stet was 3rd string and Beck I guess was 4th and BV was 5th. Stetson didn't give up the spot, Daniels and Mathis transferred. Beck won the next QB competition. No idea if Beck is returning, but Stockton has always been a Bobo guy, families have been close for years, Stockton and Vandergriff were very close.
Speaking of JT Daniels, did you see where he was forced to give up football due to concussions?

Hopefully BV commits on Friday/early Saturday and is able to help recruit the 2WRs and OT that are apparently visiting this weekend.

Reactions: sefus12
Exactly. It seems to me that this past season was realistically his first chance at winning the starting job.

He obviously didn’t, but sometimes teams have two good QBs and one is going to win and one is going to lose. But that doesn’t mean the QB who lost isn’t talented and capable.

Whether that proves to be the case with Vandagriff remains to be seen, but I don’t think you can totally write him off simply because he didn’t win the starting job.
See Alabama with Tua and Hurts.

I saw SDS article about the Dawgs and saw that schedule next year, damn what are your thoughts Grumpy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT