ADVERTISEMENT

UT TE transfer Kyle Oliver

You realize that list doesn't include players who transferred into the programs, right? If it did the numbers would be much closer.
I looked up UT's record and they have 20 but 10 of those came at the same time for underage drinking at a party. 4 where kicked off the team and Colman Thomas had his charges dropped and a apology was given publicly from KPD because they arrested the wrong person in a theft of play station's and games.

Fair enough. What about the other 14 arrests listed?

Lloyd Tubman - similar situation as Chris Jones from UL, although CJ isn't listed...hmmm
Jason Hatcher - similar to J Quick but without the scales [winking]
Demarco Robinson - heard he wasn't a great dude, supposedly Barnhart and Stoops straightened him out after threatening to boot him (hope that's true, but doubtful)
K Thomas - never played a down or officially practiced w/UK - immediately booted
P Thomas - immediately booted by Stoops
Lowery - similar to UL Ashley (but one near death experience was enough)
TJ James - name is actually TJ Jones, so how accurate is the site? Booted by Stoops

Joker Phillips was soft on R Wilson, who deserved an immediate boot, and tough on Hartline (who deserved a medal, not an arrest - called a cab when intoxicated, breaks up girl fight [laughing])

I think Stoops has been pretty solid on discipline - reasonable suspensions/dismissals, no questionable character transfers (yet), has recruited good character guys. Joker was soft, and I don't think he was respected as a disciplinarian...he wasn't great, even in this category IMO.

Also noticed that things like the 2 UL brothers who beat up grant in the locker room do not get included...so hard to take seriously when guys who assault a teammate into almost losing an eye aren't arrested or included on the site.

Last edited:
Not really at some schools, and we have been talking about them, at some schools the 85 player limit is a sham, they just run off whoever they need to. But the 25 recruits per class rule is a little more obvious, although as just shown they do a very poor job of enforcing that also.
You don't play with a 25 signee limit. That has almost nothing to do with actual play...

Lloyd Tubman - similar situation as Chris Jones from UL, although CJ isn't listed...hmmm
Jones wasn't in this list because the 7 and 18 numbers were for football only for both schools. You're right, though. There are clearly some inconsistencies on the site. My primary point was to show that Louisville doesn't have more arrests or troublemakers than UK despite the rhetoric and that transfers have done very well at U of L with a couple of very negative exceptions. Most have gone on to a trouble-free experience at U of L and many have then gone pro. Thanks for the response.

UL's criminal activity is hushed up effectively and efficiently to make such a tally website irrelevant and incomplete.

speaking of James Quick, he was doing his thing as usual this summer....you know, preparing hard to be a part of UL's winning and championship culture

CKzMJm9UAAQskg5.jpg

Reactions: lil2coupe
Jones wasn't in this list because the 7 and 18 numbers were for football only for both schools. You're right, though. There are clearly some inconsistencies on the site. My primary point was to show that Louisville doesn't have more arrests or troublemakers than UK despite the rhetoric and that transfers have done very well at U of L with a couple of very negative exceptions. Most have gone on to a trouble-free experience at U of L and many have then gone pro. Thanks for the response.

Jones wasn't listed under Basketball at the site either...and the locker room brawlers weren't as well...plus I think UL gets bashed more for accepting character problems freely from other schools, not necessarily because of their normal high school recruited players getting in tons of trouble.

Example - D Fields is on that website and he wont be included in your count - but he is on your team.

Example - D Fields is on that website and he wont be included in your count - but he is on your team.
Exactly. And guys who flunk out MULTIPLE drug tests and are kicked out of repuitable schools ain't on that nonsense website. they are welcomed with open arms by UL, where burning blunts and shooting up massive amounts of 'roids is not only forgiven, but is encouraged!
:pimp:

The UK fans that care so much about UT crack me up. The guy saying "Team 119"...I feel like he watches Butch Jones press conferences under the covers at night and softly caresses himself. Is it just me?

Probably just you.

You seem to have a thing about coming on a UK board and defending TU.

Actually, more unsafe for them than anyone else...so no, they should be smarter...but they were only arrested to save face for the embarrassing way the University handled it.

But a pop gun with an orange tip, shooting plastic pellets at each other? If that is the worst thing they do, they will be in good shape.

I would say considerably better than EIGHT thugs kicking defenseless victims in the head and sending them to the hospital with concussions, wouldn't you? And wouldn't any reasonable person think that would add at least EIGHT to the arrest record?

And if they can get away with something as serious as that with ZERO arrests just think about what a laugh their law SELECTIVE law enforcement department would get about someone wanting them to arrest someone with a popgun, and how many other borderline (the eight thugs was NOT borderline) arrests they could have made and didn't. Unlike the Lexington PD, where football AND basketball doesn't run the town like it does in Louisville.

Probably just you.

You seem to have a thing about coming on a UK board and defending TU.

I'm a fan of both teams so that would make sense wouldn't it. A UK fan who isn't a fan of both teams knowing how many teams Tennessee has fielded is odd to me. I certainly have no clue how many years Florida has had a team or Alabama or Georgia.

So your defense is that it is inherited?

Isn't that a little like pleading no contest?

To have subjected myself to UK football and UT football has most definitely caused me to question my sanity at times. Especially in the last 8 years. All joking aside, I feel no compulsion to defend my decision to be a fan of any team I'm a fan of. At least I'm an alumnus of both universities which is more than I can say for many of the fans out there.

FYI...Kyle Oliver will be visiting Louisville next week...
PE I doubt that anyone didn't expect that......he is a perfect fit at ul.

Meets all the standards .....he just needs a day of two to find the right contacts around the program.

Let me add....I actually hope he ends up at ul....it's the perfect situation for him.

I'm a fan of both teams so that would make sense wouldn't it. A UK fan who isn't a fan of both teams knowing how many teams Tennessee has fielded is odd to me. I certainly have no clue how many years Florida has had a team or Alabama or Georgia.

All you have to do is watch the SEC network for half an hour and you can hear Butch Jones chirping about the 119 nonsense.

I'm curious..do you go to the UT board and argue on behalf of UK when we come up?

All you have to do is watch the SEC network for half an hour and you can hear Butch Jones chirping about the 119 nonsense.

I'm curious..do you go to the UT board and argue on behalf of UK when we come up?

I don't talk negatively about either team if that's what you ask. But, I don't participate in any UT boards actually.

FYI...Kyle Oliver will be visiting Louisville next week...

PE..legit question...do you ever get tired of supporting a program and coach (especially) that shows absolutely NO semblance of ethics when it comes to taking outcast players to represent your program?

The second chance U moniker has always been there going back a decade or more with the Willie Williams of the world. Does it ever get ridiculous how winning is the only variable?

UL will have 3 defensive starters this year that were kicked off of other teams. Pio, Fields and Harvey Clemons. They had Samples last year and are hard after Oliver. They also wanted the second talented woman beater DT from Georgia but lost him to BAMA...where he had his second domestic abuse occurance.

When does it start to matter that your team looks like an all star game from a penal league to your supporters??

PE..legit question...do you ever get tired of supporting a program and coach (especially) that shows absolutely NO semblance of ethics when it comes to taking outcast players to represent your program?

The second chance U moniker has always been there going back a decade or more with the Willie Williams of the world. Does it ever get ridiculous how winning is the only variable?

UL will have 3 defensive starters this year that were kicked off of other teams. Pio, Fields and Harvey Clemons. They had Samples last year and are hard after Oliver. They also wanted the second talented woman beater DT from Georgia but lost him to BAMA...where he had his second domestic abuse occurance.

When does it start to matter that your team looks like an all star game from a penal league to your supporters??

The only one I have a problem with is Fields...the rest is not that different from any other program in College Football...College Football IMO is like making sausage...you might like it but you really don't want to see the process of making it

The only one I have a problem with is Fields...the rest is not that different from any other program in College Football...College Football IMO is like making sausage...you might like it but you really don't want to see the process of making it

"Everybody does it so why not us" is far from accurate. UK doesn't have a single person on the team that was kicked off another team. That type of mentality is what led you to purging half your team when Petrino left the first time.

"Everybody does it so why not us" is far from accurate. UK doesn't have a single person on the team that was kicked off another team. That type of mentality is what led you to purging half your team when Petrino left the first time.

Just my take from experience...look around College Football not just Louisville or even the SEC...Oklahoma...they took in DGB after he Dragged a Woman down a flight of stairs and they kept Joe Mixon after he knocked a Woman out...as a matter of fact according to the ESPN Big XII Beat Writer Alabama was looking at Fields if he didnt make it to Louisville.

Just my take from experience...look around College Football not just Louisville or even the SEC...Oklahoma...they took in DGB after he Dragged a Woman down a flight of stairs and they kept Joe Mixon after he knocked a Woman out...

You can definitely cherry pick programs as examples of schools willing to represent themselves with little concern for what type of people they are allowing to represent their brand. But I believe many more schools choose to put integrity(both personal and as a University) above winning at all cost. I think it's pretty clear that UL's coachs(Petrino in particular) and AD are fine with the winning trumps ALL attitude and that is sad. I live in Louisville and can't bring myself to begin to cheer for UL football because of Petrino being the coach and Jurich being the AD to a lesser extent. I actually don't mind Pitino and will rout for the basketball team when not playing us.

Georgia and Mizzou(to name two) have coaches with integrity, dismiss players that have forfeited their right to represent their schools AND they still win. Petrino doesn't have that bone in his body... he is a intelligent football drone that knows he needs part A in slot A to be successful and will do whatever it takes to scrounge for Part A. And he doesn't give a shit about much else. Integrity, wife, lying to boss(es), or even being a decent human being to others around him. I'm certainly glad he's not our coach.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Just my take from experience...look around College Football not just Louisville or even the SEC...Oklahoma...they took in DGB after he Dragged a Woman down a flight of stairs and they kept Joe Mixon after he knocked a Woman out...as a matter of fact according to the ESPN Big XII Beat Writer Alabama was looking at Fields if he didnt make it to Louisville.
No doubt there are teams that have taken players that have major issues.

What sets UL apart is that it has become a half way house with a multitude of players with major issues kicked off other teams.
You can definitely cherry pick programs as examples of schools willing to represent themselves with little concern for what type of people they are allowing to represent their brand. But I believe many more schools choose to put integrity(both personal and as a University) above winning at all cost. I think it's pretty clear that UL's coachs(Petrino in particular) and AD are fine with the winning trumps ALL attitude and that is sad. I live in Louisville and can't bring myself to begin to cheer for UL football because of Petrino being the coach and Jurich being the AD to a lesser extent. I actually don't mind Pitino and will rout for the basketball team when not playing us.

Georgia and Mizzou(to name two) have coaches with integrity, dismiss players that have forfeited their right to represent their schools AND they still win. Petrino doesn't have that bone in his body... he is a intelligent football drone that knows he needs part A in slot A to be successful and will do whatever it takes to scrounge for Part A. And he doesn't give a shit about much else. Integrity, wife, lying to boss(es), or even being a decent human being to others around him. I'm certainly glad he's not our coach.
Pike....that's why Oliver is the perfect fit at UL, he meets and fits their standards.

Reactions: Pike 96

Not so much cherry picking just two very quick examples off the top of my head...also, don't use Missouri as an example...seriously they have major issue in their own right but it is not local and not really heard about or either talked about around here.

But that is your opinion but as far as players I only really draw the line at violence towards people...men and women...the other stuff unfortunately is today society including adultry...just look at the American Divorce Rates...

Not so much cherry picking just two very quick examples off the top of my head...also, don't use Missouri as an example...seriously they have major issue in their own right but it is not local and not really heard about or either talked about around here.

But that is your opinion but as far as players I only really draw the line at violence towards people...men and women...the other stuff unfortunately is today society including adultry...just look at the American Divorce Rates...
PE...you should be proud your University leads the nation in those categories.

You all can say about your Athletic Department we are # 1 when it comes to being the lowest form of scum in society.

Just win baby.

I don't think you see the forrest for the trees...I think the broader context is having a man of integrity helping your players, and by extension, society grow. And as the face of your University(of which your Football coach definitely is). In Petrino's case, he just happens to have a couple faces..:)

I don't think you see the forrest for the trees...I think the broader context is having a man of integrity helping your players, and by extension, society grow. And as the face of your University(of which your Football coach definitely is). In Petrino's case, he just happens to have a couple faces..:)

That is a nice sentiment but at the end of the day it is about Wins and Losses at the P5 Level...if it was about "Doing it the Right Way" Ohio State would not have hired Urban Meyer...look at his track record at Florida and the group of players he brought in...it is about wins and losses and while he was in Gainesville they "Looked the other way" and they are doing the same in Columbus.

That is a nice sentiment but at the end of the day it is about Wins and Losses at the P5 Level...if it was about "Doing it the Right Way" Ohio State would not have hired Urban Meyer...look at his track record at Florida and the group of players he brought in...it is about wins and losses and while he was in Gainesville they "Looked the other way" and they are doing the same in Columbus.
Pike.....trust me you're beating a dead horse...or bird.

This is always the reasoning for UL fans...don't get me wrong PE seems like a good guy.

BUT beating a dead bird bro.

Winning and doing it the right way don't have to be mutually exclusive. As I firmly believe we are about to see at UK. You accept and rationalize its only about the winning because that is the only way Petrino(unlike Strong who had character) and Jurich know how to do it. So be it. To each his own

Pike.....trust me you're beating a dead horse...or bird.

This is always the reasoning for UL fans...don't get me wrong PE seems like a good guy.

BUT beating a dead bird bro.

No doubt.... I"ve said my peace. Now back to real life :)

Thanks for the friendly debate on both sides

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Winning and doing it the right way don't have to be mutually exclusive. As I firmly believe we are about to see at UK. You accept and rationalize its only about the winning because that is the only way Petrino(unlike Strong who had character) and Jurich know how to do it. So be it. To each his own

Not so much accepting but understand that is just the way it is...always really been like that but in the age of information much more has come to light...I do understand where you are coming from and again most on this board and Cardinal Sports knows my stance on Fields-(didnt want him at Louisville) but you are correct to each his own.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Louisville just lost another candidate for transfer as Knox County District Attorney announced today that Tennessee's Von Pearson will not be charged with rape of a 19 year old girl.

Von, voluntarily took a DNA test and the results came back negative. In fact they couldn't even prove they had sex. Also the rape kit come back negative FWIW.

Maybe Von Pearson is innocent, and that is fantastic if he is. Despite that, it remains unsurprising to me that a UT football player is accused of a crime and ends up facing little to no criminal punishment. Had this been an isolated incident, or if UT had an actual history of having players punished accordingly for committing crimes they commit, then I might be surprised about the results of this, but that is not the case (despite what UT football fans want to think). The only thing actually surprising about this case is that Pearson, unlike the other 5 players accused of sexual assault since last fall, was kicked out of school. I guess that isn't all that surprising considering the event happened not long after it was reported that the athletic department was being accused of and investigated for influencing the decisions on student-athlete discipline by school officials.

Maybe Von Pearson is innocent, and that is fantastic if he is. Despite that, it remains unsurprising to me that a UT football player is accused of a crime and ends up facing little to no criminal punishment. Had this been an isolated incident, or if UT had an actual history of having players punished accordingly for committing crimes they commit, then I might be surprised about the results of this, but that is not the case (despite what UT football fans want to think). The only thing actually surprising about this case is that Pearson, unlike the other 5 players accused of sexual assault since last fall, was kicked out of school. I guess that isn't all that surprising considering the event happened not long after it was reported that the athletic department was being accused of and investigated for influencing the decisions on student-athlete discipline by school officials.

So the DA, KPD, UT administration are all in cahoots to let a football player go free of rape?

When a Kentucky player was charged for rape but was later exonerated justice was served.

A Tennessee player is accused of rape but is later cleared and it is corruption at the highest levels.

Maybe a little bit of hate clouding your thinking?

Reactions: footballfanatic77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT