ADVERTISEMENT

USWNT..

So to sum up...is there a photo or video of the team or members of the team stomping on an American flag? If there is and we can all see it, by all means, shit on the team as that would be incredibly stupid and offensive. But if there's not, then why was that claim made and why hasn't anyone provided proof yet? If you want a Sunday afternoon right wing grrrr politics thread, why create one when there's already an ongoing thread for that?

I asked for proof. I've yet to see it.

So to sum up...is there a photo or video of the team or members of the team stomping on an American flag? If there is and we can all see it, by all means, shit on the team as that would be incredibly stupid and offensive. But if there's not, then why was that claim made and why hasn't anyone provided proof yet? If you want a Sunday afternoon right wing grrrr politics thread, why create one when there's already an ongoing thread for that?

I asked for proof. I've yet to see it.
Why do you hate America?

They lost because they weren’t good enough. Lacked any goal scoring prowess, some key players hurt, and no one stepped to be a star. That’s key takeaway, you will not remember one player positively.

Never go against the family, like Michael Corleone said. You may not like them but they were ours. Always was rooting for them. was I rooting for some over others? Sure, but not at expense of winning.

They lost because they weren’t good enough. Lacked any goal scoring prowess, some key players hurt, and no one stepped to be a star. That’s key takeaway, you will not remember one player positively.

Never go against the family, like Michael Corleone said. You may not like them but they were ours. Always was rooting for them. was I rooting for some over others? Sure, but not at expense of winning.
I don’t recognize the USWNT as an American team. The majority of players on their team hate America. So piss on them.

It's possible the team just isn't that good and it has nothing to do with politics. Or maybe they are good but lost which occasionally happens in sports, and that has nothing to do with politics either. Regardless, I enjoy the angry online tradition of hating athletes for voicing any political opinion (unless it's Enes or Gaines of course)...while voicing your own political opinion at the same time. It's like the internet created a make-believe law that Joe the Plumber can say anything but certain athletes must shut their mouths and entertain us at all times. Good stuff.

And fwiw, this thread will now become a political bitchfest...while bitching about a team losing and somehow blaming it on politics. Ya'll are cracked and have completely lost the plot.
I sure am glad we have you to keep us straight!

Nope not ours. Not even a little bit. LOVED seeing the headline of their demise.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
If I was savvy enough to post it, it would. You can simply google it and you will find all the information you need. One of the players, to her credit, took the flag away from them.
They didn’t stomp on it, a player stupidly dropped it on the ground, another picked it up. Rapinoe may have accidentally stepped on part of it, was hard to see, But it looked like she didn’t even know it was on the ground. Now I have to go shower myself for taking up for Rapinoe.

Last edited:
Not one of the better USWNT. Did they underperform, yes. Were they head and shoulders above the competition? Not even close. Then you throw in an unlikeable and ungrateful loud-mouth like Rapinoe and it's easy to see why people were down on this team for many reasons. Andonovski was also a questionable choice to lead the team. The USWNT was basically a mess going in and it showed in the result.

Not surprised at all they lost. They have looked bad all tourney from what I've read. I wouldn't spend 1 second watching it myself due to time of games and having 100 better things to do but anyone could see this coming.

Not one of the better USWNT. Did they underperform, yes. Were they head and shoulders above the competition? Not even close. Then you throw in an unlikeable and ungrateful loud-mouth like Rapinoe and it's easy to see why people were down on this team for many reasons. Andonovski was also a questionable choice to lead the team. The USWNT was basically a mess going in and it showed in the result.

They were a walking political statement and not a true national team. Those allowing the team to turn into a reality show are to blame. Those who distracted from their true goals should have been removed. Can’t do that in todays world though.

Based on the replies, I guess nightwish is back in his/hers/their basement to ruin another thread.
Not for nothing, buuut you did troll a Barbie thread and went after a poster's wife in said thread until others told you to stop. If you're attacking people's wives online, in a thread about a silly movie no less, maybe I ain't the ridiculous one here. You don't get internet cool points for out of bounce stuff like that.

I love the fact someone like me is accused of making everything political, when the thing I despise about these things is the fact they have become political.

I love all sports and watch as well as participate as much as I possibly can. My love for it dies when players and teams insert politics. I wish things were FAR less political.

I love the fact someone like me is accused of making everything political, when the thing I despise about these things is the fact they have become political.

I love all sports and watch as well as participate as much as I possibly can. My love for it dies when players and teams insert politics. I wish things were FAR less political.
It's the hypocrisy of the left. They are what they hate.

This tale of stomping the flag is part of Patriot
Storytelling Hour. I had never heard the story and a quick internet search revealed the Women's Team was celebrating the World Cup Final win with the flag, the flag hit the ground and many players were unaware. One player then picked up the flag.

This story was ultimately greatly exaggerated and sensationalized because some players refused to visit the Orange Man in the White House.

The Kid Rock Gang are still butthurt about it to this day.
Appreciate this. I won't get into the other stuff in your post, but I figured someone was misinformed or just lying since I got the typical "look it up yourself pal...then you'll see I'm right!" response. I'm aware of political statements that were made in the past, which yes, were cringy imo, but it's also cringy to "celebrate" any loss by Americans, simply because they don't like the guy you voted for. It's short-sightedness from both sides and pure tribalism.

So there were not members of the US team stomping on an American flag. At least we can put that one to bed.

Based on character alone how could anyone cheer for this team?

Time to move on and bring the next group of players that deserve to be on the team.

Representing the USA in international competition is a privilege and a lot of the players on this team forgot that part.

Time to move on and bring the next group of players that deserve to be on the team.

Representing the USA in international competition is a privilege and a lot of the players on this team forgot that part.

Sadly it’s too late. Most young players have been indoctrinated into this political belief they are victims of some kind. The next wave of players will just continue this pathetic legacy.

Most of sports loving country was cheering AGAINST the women’s national team, and there is zero attempt to figure out why that is. Instead they just label everyone as bad.

When you blanket label everyone against you as bad, you never have to look at yourself.

Yup, cheering for anti america soccer players is easy to do. Why would you cheer for them if you’re pro american?
Because their political views don't affect my personal spirit for my country?? Not sure what they are trying to prove when they don't sing the national anthem, but at the same time why would I care about their values--they represented America in the biggest sport in the world, so for me at least, country > politics

Because their political views don't affect my personal spirit for my country?? Not sure what they are trying to prove when they don't sing the national anthem, but at the same time why would I care about their values--they represented America in the biggest sport in the world, so for me at least, country > politics

The country > politics should apply to those tasked to represent our country. Those who use this as a platform to disrespect our flag and country should not be representing us. It’s an embarrassment and most other countries would not stand for that.

Heck, I play on a few sports teams sponsored by my employer. If I publicly disrespected them, I’d be fired in a heartbeat.

Another thing to add is politics is the ONLY reason Rapinoe was part of the team and taking that PK. So their politics were a direct cause of their failure.

Reactions: entropy13
Another thing to add is politics is the ONLY reason Rapinoe was part of the team and taking that PK. So their politics were a direct cause of their failure.
Maybe internal soccer politics as a top 5 all time US player, but not actual politics.

The country > politics should apply to those tasked to represent our country. Those who use this as a platform to disrespect our flag and country should not be representing us. It’s an embarrassment and most other countries would not stand for that.

Heck, I play on a few sports teams sponsored by my employer. If I publicly disrespected them, I’d be fired in a heartbeat.
I don't disagree. I still don't why their values would impact my values. Cheering against them seems like doing what they are doing.

Maybe internal soccer politics as a top 5 all time US player, but not actual politics.

Wrong, if “she” weren’t an outspoken political figure, she would have never been part of this team. Simple fact.

Wrong, if “she” weren’t an outspoken political figure, she would have never been part of this team. Simple fact.
Rapinoe was a shell of her former self, but she was on the team for her set piece delivery, ironically PKs, and passing creativity. It's amazing how bad she was, but I'm sure the coach believed in her due to her past performances with the national team (and like I said top 5 all time US player). Same could be said for Ertz, Morgan and a host of other older legacy players on the team.

Explain please. What actions/statements have they made that leads you to question why anyone would cheer for this team as a whole? The "stomping" on the flag story has already been debunked. Is this really just down to hating them because they don't like Trump or have criticized America in the past? We've got posters upset with this team that put America on blast daily and pretend it's an awful place simply because their guy isn't in charge. So I'll ask for more proof - what have these players said/done to make you question why anyone would cheer the team on?

The best result long term for us soccer was the loss this morning. There will be fundamental changes. A lot of women very very good players have been overlooked because of the supposed inability to “fit” with the culture of the national team. That is all going to change now and the national team will be much better because of it. You can’t shut out political or personal differences and expect to be successful. It takes all hands on deck to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT