ADVERTISEMENT

USC blackout

baby-scream-yeah.gif

South Carolina is not as good as their record suggests, this should be a (relatively) easy road win
Bettor's beware
Said that too many times only for UK to get beat by a clearly inferior team
Cal's record in Colonial is only 5 - 4
biggest shocks
2010 UK loss Downey puts in 30 against Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins
2014 UK Loss Brenton Williams (who) puts in 24 against the Harrisons, Randle, Poy and WCS

With UK's refusal to play defense Meechie might go off. Pitino would shut him down, Cal might not even mention his name. If you can shut him down it should be an easy victory if you let him go off it could be a long night.

PS. Not that I am a Pitino lover but he is the kind of coach who would not let one guy beat you.

Last edited:
I love when the fans of a worthless program get invested one time a year when Kentucky comes to town and be beat their brains out, you can see the “oh shit, is this our team?” In the eyes of the fans

Reactions: KYExtemper
They are treating tonight's game like their "season is over" type of game If they lose.

Tonight's environment may be tougher than what the team saw in Gainesville.

Then repeat again on Saturday in Fayetteville with College Gameday in town.

The positive is that it's going to be hard for all of these teams to be on fire like A&M was down the stretch. Even with a home environment, it's hard to manufacture greatness when you're used to being okay.

Meanwhile, UK has a ton of weapons and can afford to have a few guys go cold.

Plus, out bigs are still learning defensive rotations. When it all starts clicking, we're going to beat the South Carolinas of the world by 8+ points, even on the road.

Kentucky is still the team to beat even when we are not a typical Kentucky team, Coaches and players would give their two front teeth to beat Kentucky. It's funny what some programs will do to beat Kentucky, lose money, make a fool out of their selves and other things to get a win over the Cats. They know it's their only shot at beating them, knowing there will be no extra motivation on the road or a neutral floor. They have to have help in some form.

With Z back, I am even more confident we win tonight. Even in his debut, he looked like has played all year. I don't think he will be rattled by lowly South Carolina.

They are treating tonight's game like their "season is over" type of game If they lose.

Tonight's environment may be tougher than what the team saw in Gainesville.

Then repeat again on Saturday in Fayetteville with College Gameday in town.
Kentucky USUALLY has more fans there than they do. However, I think it will be closer to 50/50 since they’ve got a good team

By the way, I live here and go every year

With Z back, I am even more confident we win tonight. Even in his debut, he looked like has played all year. I don't think he will be rattled by lowly South Carolina.
I'm anxious to see the starting lineup. Just assuming Cal is going to start Bradshaw but would love to see Big Z out there for the opening tip (with Mitchell at the 4).

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
Bettor's beware
Said that too many times only for UK to get beat by a clearly inferior team
Cal's record in Colonial is only 5 - 4
biggest shocks
2010 UK loss Downey puts in 30 against Wall, Bledsoe and Cousins
2014 UK Loss Brenton Williams (who) puts in 24 against the Harrisons, Randle, Poy and WCS

With UK's refusal to play defense Meechie might go off. Pitino would shut him down, Cal might not even mention his name. If you can shut him down it should be an easy victory if you let him go off it could be a long night.

PS. Not that I am a Pitino lover but he is the kind of coach who would not let one guy beat you.

Except when Pitino let BJ McKie beat the 97 team twice including at Rupp on Senior Night to hand The Cocks their 1 and only SEC title

Reactions: HCaulfield
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT