ADVERTISEMENT

Tough week coming without much to gain

@ 61 USC
@ 118 arkansas

We could lose both or either which would be a disaster. Winning these games on the other hand aren’t going to boost us much in the net rankings. Both teams are dangerous but the usc coach has an unhealthy obsession with UK so I expect that game to be very very difficult.
A lot to gain in both of these games. We have to show we can win on the road. And the defense needs to improve. I hope to see that this week

A lot to gain in both of these games. We have to show we can win on the road. And the defense needs to improve. I hope to see that this week
I like out upside way more than Kansas. Kansas has plateaued and if I was a Kansas fan, I'd be very nervous about March. They're becoming easier and easier to scheme against, and playing in an absolute trash bin of a conference won't help them get better.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
@ 61 USC
@ 118 arkansas

We could lose both or either which would be a disaster. Winning these games on the other hand aren’t going to boost us much in the net rankings. Both teams are dangerous but the usc coach has an unhealthy obsession with UK so I expect that game to be very very difficult.
Currently that be a Quad 1 win tomorrow. I think by end of year it will be Q2.

Possibly the worst thing that could ever happen from all this seeding and NET talk is this Quad thing.

It's ridiculous to think that a win over a 49th ranked team is much better than a win over a 51st ranked team.
Equally ridiculous to think that all Quad 1 wins are the same.

And yet, by the stupid binning we have going on, that's exactly how people view resumes.

Here's the thing. The NET isn't perfect. But the NET at least knows the difference between a win over the 1st ranked team and a win over the 49th ranked team. We don't need binning. We don't need Quads and more importantly we don't need a human committee that shows clear bias seeding teams.

Reactions: Montana81
3 easy games until the ass whoopin we are going to put on UT on Feb 3rd. Scrimmage games to get Big Z acclimated and hopefully Theiro back too.

Yeah SC is quad 1. So that’s a good opportunity for us. Arkansas at 118 is just brutal. They beat a decent Duke team there as well.

Possibly the worst thing that could ever happen from all this seeding and NET talk is this Quad thing.

It's ridiculous to think that a win over a 49th ranked team is much better than a win over a 51st ranked team.
Equally ridiculous to think that all Quad 1 wins are the same.

And yet, by the stupid binning we have going on, that's exactly how people view resumes.

Here's the thing. The NET isn't perfect. But the NET at least knows the difference between a win over the 1st ranked team and a win over the 49th ranked team. We don't need binning. We don't need Quads and more importantly we don't need a human committee that shows clear bias seeding teams.

I remember in 2011 Florida getting a 2 seed to our 4 after we took 2 of 3 of them over the last week of the season and had a similar record going in.

Back then it was the rpi and the justification for seeding Florida so much higher than us was something like… they had 12 top 50 wins to our 8 or 9. Well like 5 or more of ours were against the top 25 and most of there’s were in the 30-50 range. It was a joke.

The people that come up with this stuff are always going to make sure they have some wiggle room so the selection committee can look out for their favorites.

I think Z was the missing piece and if we can get Thiero back, I don't see a game on the schedule that we should lose. Not saying we win out but that we are the better team from here on out. Z surely can't play like he did the other night, every night but he doesn't have to. Our other bigs are coming along well, too. Lots to look forward to the rest of this season. Some fundamentals need work...rebounding, blocking out and defense but we're improving in those areas. I wouldn't want to play this team come March. Barring injury, we should just keep getting better and we're already damn good.

I remember in 2011 Florida getting a 2 seed to our 4 after we took 2 of 3 of them over the last week of the season and had a similar record going in.

Back then it was the rpi and the justification for seeding Florida so much higher than us was something like… they had 12 top 50 wins to our 8 or 9. Well like 5 or more of ours were against the top 25 and most of there’s were in the 30-50 range. It was a joke.

The people that come up with this stuff are always going to make sure they have some wiggle room so the selection committee can look out for their favorites.

Exactly. Sometimes having less Quad 1 wins but better wins in that particular quad should matter.

You cannot just say well Team A is 7-1 and Team B is only 5-2 therefore Team A should be seeded higher.

The thing is for a committee that only has a few days to come up with seeding, it's just the easy way out. It's easier to say well Team A is 6-1 than to say Team A is 6-1 and they had an X point win over Y ranked team and that game was on the road etc etc. But you know what factors all that stuff in already? NET lol

But anytime you look on the surface with these things, you are losing important data points.

I have gripes with NET but give me that any day of the week. Teams will know exactly what ground they are on and there are no surprises. Some teams will be over seeded, some underseeded but most will be in a reasonable region.

Reactions: Montana81
Zero chance we have “no problem” at Arkansas no matter how bad they’ve looked.

I’ll gladly come back here and eat crow if I’m wrong.
Yep. Bud Walton Arena will be rowdy for us and the SEC will be looking to get Arkansas a resume building win to help them on the bubble. More SEC teams in the NCAA Tournament = $$$

Yep. Bud Walton Arena will be rowdy for us and the SEC will be looking to get Arkansas a resume building win to help them on the bubble. More SEC teams in the NCAA Tournament = $$$

Hell, they’re not even in the bubble right now. 78 brackets and not a single one has arkansas in the field

At #118 they’re not even close. And if you’ve watched them play…they had kind of an outta body experience against Duke but they’ve been pretty bad outside of that.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Like you haven't existed as a Kentucky fan as 2022 Mort, I am very proud of this time though. Maybe you can keep this name going 1 more year before you get booted again. You and your (LGBTQIA2S+) comments, keep up the good work for your community.
I don't know who Mort is, but that's not me. Nice try, but again another epic fail of a post from Darf. Not sure what you're talking about at all in any of your posts, though, since you are perennially incoherent.

I like out upside way more than Kansas. Kansas has plateaued and if I was a Kansas fan, I'd be very nervous about March. They're becoming easier and easier to scheme against, and playing in an absolute trash bin of a conference won't help them get better.
It's kind of a blessing in disguise to get Z and our other bigs so late in the season, other coaches don't really know what to do, because even Cal doesn't really know what he has yet. We're sort of a hodgepodge of blue chips that likes to run. If Cal gets us even halfway organized we are deadly.

Cal just needs to get thrown out of both of those games. Pump up our guys and they kick their @$$E$.

2 potential road wins= plenty to gain. Any win keeps us ahead of KU in total wins. 1 seed is still in play if we keep winning, to win them all we have to win the next one.

I think the next step for this team is 100% mental, all about attitude. In all the hype and euphoria about Z we took a step back vs UGA. Finish the game before you quit. The TAM game should have pissed this bunch off, maybe it did, the next 2 came pretty easy. Road game mentality is the next order of business

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT