ADVERTISEMENT

Upset alert threads

Feb 9, 2011
When a highly ranked blue blood like North Carolina or Kansas or Duke or Auburn, is down to an underdog at halftime or at any time, please follow these rules.

Don't say North Carolina is down by 15 with 10 minutes to go in the first half.
Instead, say interesting game between North Carolina and North Texas State. Also, it helps if you say North Carolina is the greatest program ever and there's no way they can lose this game. North Texas State has no chance.

As soon as you post that North Carolina is down 15 points, karma kicks in and will bite you in the butt, and it will succeed.

I have no authority and I'm just making a suggestion, but I've been around long enough that I've seen games won not by coaching, but by some stupid fan posting that Duke was in trouble on a message board.

Thank you.

Last edited:
When a highly ranked blue blood like North Carolina or Kansas or Duke or Auburn, is down to an underdog at halftime or at any time, please follow these rules.

Don't say North Carolina is down by 15 with 10 minutes to go in the first half.
Instead, say interesting game between North Carolina and North Texas State. Also, it helps if you say North Carolina is the greatest program ever and there's no way they can lose this game. North Texas State has no chance.

As soon as you post that North Carolina is down 15 points, karma kicks in and will bite you in the butt, and it will succeed.

I have no authority and I'm just making a suggestion, but I've been around long enough that I've seen games won not by coaching, but by some stupid fan posting that Duke was in trouble on a message board.

Thank you.
I realize there is some implied humor in this post, but I have seen just as many posts about upsets in the works (whether that be Duke, KU, UNC, UL, etc) over the years in which the upset still happens compared to the opposite in which some perceived jinx occurs...just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT