ADVERTISEMENT

Update From K. Tucker

Come on fellas, we all know what’s up, this isn’t our first go at this! Cal has PROMISED his starting 5 their spots, and everyone else, including Reeves will be backups, and he has no choice but to be honest.

Problem is, Reeves and 99% of transfers expect to start, even at UK, and that’s not going to happen with this group. Ugo only returned when he was promised Oscar’s old locker, and Bradshaw used Klutch/ USC to guarantee his 4 spot.

Cal is holding himself hostage with this group’s recruiting promises.

Come on fellas, we all know what’s up, this isn’t our first go at this! Cal has PROMISED his starting 5 their spots, and everyone else, including Reeves will be backups, and he has no choice but to be honest.

Problem is, Reeves and 99% of transfers expect to start, even at UK, and that’s not going to happen with this group. Ugo only returned when he was promised Oscar’s old locker, and Bradshaw used Klutch/ USC to guarantee his 4 spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ugo was promised to start or at least a certain no of minutes.

No one should be promised a starting spot, including any of these transfers or recruits.

Something just doesn’t seem right
Like cal is gonna take an nba front office job? Cmon man I’m begging for some good news. I want to watch our team win again. This is some lame stuff watching nba playoffs with guys cal underachieved with. Had bam monk and fox people!!! Couldn’t get to a ff! Had pj Nick shai and others. No final four. All this nba talent and very little to show. Underachieving U.

Like cal is gonna take an nba front office job? Cmon man I’m begging for some good news. I want to watch our team win again. This is some lame stuff watching nba playoffs with guys cal underachieved with. Had bam monk and fox people!!! Couldn’t get to a ff! Had pj Nick shai and others. No final four. All this nba talent and very little to show. Underachieving U.
Well he would get players before wether they were UK material that’s an argument for another time. Now it’s like we can’t get but 7 players I mean 7 total players. That’s why I’m saying something isn’t right and something just isn’t adding up here.

Stupid question but can Cal strike an NIL deal or donate to one?

If I was him, I would take $3-$4 of my own millions to sign a guy or two- his legacy is on the line and that's a drop in the bucket to him.

Stupid question but can Cal strike an NIL deal or donate to one?

If I was him, I would take $3-$4 of my own millions to sign a guy or two- his legacy is on the line and that's a drop in the bucket to him.
He is not supposed to strike NIL deals but these other coaches are doing it and not caring

Reactions: Fox2monk
Current best case scenario to hope for:

G Wagner/Dillingham
G Reeves/Sheppard/Hart
G Edwards/Thiero
F Bradshaw/Burks
F Onyenso/Cyril

And that will probably change for the worse before I even post this.

SMH
That really doesn’t feel like an NCAAT team.

No one should be promised a starting spot, including any of these transfers or recruits.
Cal may not promise but it’s inferred. Cal plays the 5*’s whether they earn it or not. Gotta meet the NBA expectations and showcase them. And he will not bring in experienced talent that could take their playing time. It appears that Cal places getting players to the NBA quickly over winning championships for Kentucky. He needs to go.

Cal may not promise but it’s inferred. Cal plays the 5*’s whether they earn it or not. Gotta meet the NBA expectations and showcase them. And he will not bring in experienced talent that could take their playing time. It appears that Cal places getting players to the NBA quickly over winning championships for Kentucky. He needs to go.

Idk, seems like he was trying to win from 2009 to 2019. Not sure what happened since then.

Well he would get players before wether they were UK material that’s an argument for another time. Now it’s like we can’t get but 7 players I mean 7 total players. That’s why I’m saying something isn’t right and something just isn’t adding up here.
These post COVID gen zers who are Kentucky good want to be playing not riding pine for any length of time. So if they’re decent they are going elsewhere. It begins with since cal arrived he never built a program. A team year to year but no culture other than massive turnover.

This is not new to most of us.

That’s true, but Cal has been so bad, the only way he is going to get good players, especially kids with handlers and NBA aspirations, is to make promises. Anyone that thinks these 5* kids are coming to UK without promises, is just not smart.

I think Reeves is the only transfer weve got since the NIL stuff started. And he’s not sure if he even wants to stay. Makes me wonder if the big boosters arent putting the squeeze on Cal which would be completely understandable.
I would not be surprised if any and all potential donors were refusing to do NIL for UK BB players. I sure as hell wouldn't, especially after what Sharpe and Wheeler did and how Cal covered for them.

Yes there is, coaches are offering kids money up front, not from their salaries but they are guaranteeing these kids money, if you don’t think they are your a stupid and ridiculous statement
That's because those coaches actually meet with their potential donors and lay out plans. There's no way coaches are paying out of pocket, that’s not NIL, but jeez, if I was in Cal's position, I would damn well know what my donors are willing to pay out. Cal either doesn’t meet with them, or he knows the potential donors aren't happy with him and don't want to hear Cal ask for nil money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT