ADVERTISEMENT

UNC/Wisky?

Neue Regel

Senior
Mar 13, 2003
Duke Fan
Pulling for Wisky of course but have a weird feeling about this game. I think UNC may match up fairly well with Wisconsin. Obviously there is a pretty big gap when it comes to shooting where Wisconsin has a clear edge. But the Badgers aren't an overly athletic team. I think this one could be a closer battle than people think. Maybe I'm totally off base here what do you guys think?

I think if all other things equalize themselves, etc. matchups, fouls, luck, free throws, coaching wins. Wisky by 7.

At this stage anything can happen, but can't imagine UNC wins with a hobbled or missing Meeks. PS, I'd be ticlkled if it happens. As a UK fan I want to see as many top seeds go down as possible.

Jersey, when they claim an injury, you better put your best man on him. They are still listing Meeks as a game time decision.

Like JKing said over at DBR:

This brings to mind a long UNC tradition, first mastered by Dean Smith and then passed down to ever subsequent coach: the miraculous recovery.

Basically it works like this: the public is first told that the injury/illness is very serious and the player most likely won't play. Then it's said that the player will dress but almost certainly won't play. And in the final bit of the routine, the player tears off his warmups, comes in to the game and plays extremely well, thus firing up fans and teammates alike.

Wisky will not survive an athletic gauntlet of UNC, Arizona, UK and Duke.

Literally the worst possible draw for them.

MSU and UL have a higher chance of the title than them.

Medcalf said he went through drills yesterday and is a game-time decision tonight. They might be better off with a Brice-Hicks lineup, it's much more athletic.

Not ready to concede this to Wisconsin. UNC runs up and down and their point guard is playing his best ball right now. He is the one that makes UNC go..Kennedy Meeks is important, but anything can happen.

Should be a interesting game. Two different styles. I just want the team most capable of taking out Arizona for us, to be the winner! I'm a homer and have no shame!

While I'll NEVER root for UNCHEAT, from a matchup standpoint I wouldn't be disappointed if they beat Wisconsin.

UNC by 3 in a tight game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT