ADVERTISEMENT

UNC not releasing NOA until next week at earliest

"Appropriate" would be vacating every single win involving players who took advantage of a system set up to avoid actual school work.

That would be enough for me. They wouldn't have to have any future sanctions; just the loss of every single bit of ill-gotten gain. Well, and an apology to the athletes and fans of other schools who they cheated.

"Appropriate" would be vacating every single win involving players who took advantage of a system set up to avoid actual school work.

That would be enough for me. They wouldn't have to have any future sanctions; just the loss of every single bit of ill-gotten gain. Well, and an apology to the athletes and fans of other schools who they cheated.
Doubt you'll get an apology from an institution paying millions to lawyers and PR firms to whitewash this thing.

Reactions: Federal Cat
I've enjoyed the past 4 years so much and hate to see it end. But when the document is released, I'm pretty confident that we're going to be very angry.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Wow, you guys truly care more about UNC than UK. This place, and packpride, are the only two fan forums with more threads about another team than there own. Duke fans don't care about UNC as much as you guys. What will you all do when no games/titles are vacated and no post-season ban is levied. I used to assume you'd get ready for another great UK season, but I no longer think you guys are actual fans of UK .

It's a shame that people can ignore the great things happening with their "favorite" program, and spend their time worrying about UNC. Oh well, I guess when you're the hands-down best program of the last 50 years you get used to all the people with these severe inferiority complexes.

Wow, you guys truly care more about UNC than UK. This place, and packpride, are the only two fan forums with more threads about another team than there own. Duke fans don't care about UNC as much as you guys. What will you all do when no games/titles are vacated and no post-season ban is levied. I used to assume you'd get ready for another great UK season, but I no longer think you guys are actual fans of UK .

It's a shame that people can ignore the great things happening with their "favorite" program, and spend their time worrying about UNC. Oh well, I guess when you're the hands-down best program of the last 50 years you get used to all the people with these severe inferiority complexes.
Yet here you are on our board worrying what we're talking about. It sounds like you visit PackPride and the Duke boards pretty often too. Do you even post on the Carolina boards? To answer your question about what we'll do if UNC gets no severe penalties, we will still know your team is the worst cheaters in NCAA history and everything you've won in the past 20 years is tainted.

You are hands-downs the cheatingest program the last 50 years, BTW, why are you here all the time?

As the hands-down greatest program of all time, Kentucky fans care about any rogue operation that threatens the sport. In the past twenty years, the clearest assault on the sports' integrity has been UNC-CHeats' shameful legacy of abuse, from the AF-AM program, to winning banners with athletes who clearly weren't eligible except through cheating, to disgraceful 'side-scams' like Wheels-For-Heels and hiring players' mothers like Tami Hansbrough to fraudulent jobs to keep her son in the program, to sullying every degree ever awarded by the school by naming Rashad McCants to the Dean's List in a semester that he admits he never attended a class, to the sordid gun-and-drug busts of guys like PJ Hairston, to Roy letting Will Graves set up a drug selling operation in a home he owned, just to keep him from dinging the basketball teams' APR, and on and on. That's why we care. Your program brings dishonor to all college basketball, and that impacts Kentucky. If you are not appropriately punished, it says the sport has no integrity whatsoever.

Last edited:

No...it's watching the self righteous who have been cheating all along finally get theirs. I've watched my tar hole friends brag at every turn and even admit to getting away with recruiting murder. The two worst fan bases in basketball are Carolina and arkansas. I enjoy it when they are shut up.

I think the prospect of going through the transcripts of every player during the timeframe in question is too daunting, and they will just give them some blanket penalty. Almost no chance it will be the death penalty. Probably won't bring any title banners down either. They will come up with something that makes it sound like they are really hammering them (probation, scholarship reduction, possibly a post-season ban but I wouldn't hold my breath), but given the offenses, it will be basically a wrist slap.

Wow, you guys truly care more about UNCheat than UK. This place, and packpride, are the only two fan forums with more threads about another team than there own. Duke fans don't care about UNCheat as much as you guys. What will you all do when no games/titles are vacated and no post-season ban is levied. I used to assume you'd get ready for another great UK season, but I no longer think you guys are actual fans of UK .

It's a shame that people can ignore the great things happening with their "favorite" program, and spend their time worrying about UNCheat. Oh well, I guess when you're the hands-down best program of the last 50 years you get used to all the people with these severe inferiority complexes.

FYP.

You are hands-downs the cheatingest program the last 50 years, BTW, why are you here all the time?

It's funny. I used to peruse and occasionally post on the Tar Hole boards a few years ago, and they were constantly calling UK, and Cal, cheaters, and when asked for proof they never provided any. It was always where there is smoke there is fire responses. Now, when their cheating has been brought out into the light, with proof, they obfuscate and ignore it or try to explain it away, all the while banning anyone who even hints at the subject. Their fans are allowed to post their drivel here as much as they want, and this moron has the temerity to try to call us out.

Reactions: jarms24
Defending UNC on our message board appears to be the sole purpose of BillyG_tickle_swerv's life. Have fun bud!

Defending UNC on our message board appears to be the sole purpose of BillyG_tickle_swerv's life. Have fun bud!

Is Bobbi still lurking about? I put him on ignore so I don't see his post anymore. I've tried to help him before, but, well, he seems to have problems with comprehension. To be expected with a UNC type, I suppose.

Bobbi, if you wanna help, I understand they need someone with a hand truck to carry all those magic markers. No reading required. Just keep moving the boxes till the truck is empty. That's a good lad. Just put them along the wall in that room where the shades are drawn and that guy is screaming REDACT REDACT!

2005* - vacated

2009* - vacated

Rot in NCAA Hell Carolina

We know why you are on this board so often. Can't say we blame you. But, someone has to support your lazy azz.

Reactions: oldfanofuk
The cheating at UNC over the past (no one knows how many years,but for sure more years than it takes licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop) rivals what went on at UCLA in the late 60's and early 70's.Hell,Dylan should write a song about it

Reactions: brianpoe
Here is the thing we have been taught for quite a while and it fits UNC***.
" Once to tell a lie you usually cover it up with another lie when you get caught". This is what is happing to UNC*** and their fans. They are telling so many lies that they don't know how to tell the truth any more. I hope the NCAA gives them some type of penalty but in todays world people who lie usually get away with it.

As the hands-down greatest program of all time, Kentucky fans care about any rogue operation that threatens the sport. In the past twenty years, the clearest assault on the sports' integrity has been UNC-CHeats' shameful legacy of abuse, from the AF-AM program, to winning banners with athletes who clearly weren't eligible except through cheating, to disgraceful 'side-scams' like Wheels-For-Heels and hiring players' mothers like Tami Hansbrough to fraudulent jobs to keep her son in the program, to sullying every degree ever awarded by the school by naming Rashad McCants to the Dean's List in a semester that he admits he never attended a class, to the sordid gun-and-drug busts of guys like PJ Hairston, to Roy letting Will Graves set up a drug selling operation in a home he owned, just to keep him from dinging the basketball teams' APR, and on and on. That's why we care. Your program brings dishonor to all college basketball, and that impacts Kentucky. If you are not appropriately punished, it says the sport has no integrity whatsoever.

Post of the decade^^^^^^^

"
UNC has 90 days to respond to the Notice of Allegations and then faces a hearing with the NCAA Committee on Infractions. The committee, which includes representatives of other universities and select experts outside academia, then votes on any penalties to impose."

seems to me the NCAA doesn't have much wiggle room at this point.

There is no disputing that UNC played ineligible players and had a system setup in place to do exactly that.

Its the voting on penalties where they can choose to use a feather or a hammer.

Its possible that the NCAA turns a blind eye to the allegations, but they were forced to return for a second time to UNC regarding their failure to address their cheating. I don't find it likely that UNC walks away unscathed from this.

"
UNC has 90 days to respond to the Notice of Allegations and then faces a hearing with the NCAA Committee on Infractions. The committee, which includes representatives of other universities and select experts outside academia, then votes on any penalties to impose."

seems to me the NCAA doesn't have much wiggle room at this point.

There is no disputing that UNC played ineligible players and had a system setup in place to do exactly that.

Its the voting on penalties where they can choose to use a feather or a hammer.

Its possible that the NCAA turns a blind eye to the allegations, but they were forced to return for a second time to UNC regarding their failure to address their cheating. I don't find it likely that UNC walks away unscathed from this.

IMO, I don't think the NCAA is going to get into declaring any athletes ineligible, because it would entail a massive amount of work given the number of athletes. Also, if they do so, some of those may have gotten degrees, and those would be invalidated, which would probably bring a ton of lawsuits. That's why I thinks some blanket penalty under the LOIC charge will apply.

Lol

I I

I'll tell you why I care........Some of the games that UNCheat won (sic) were against UK. Those probably would have been wins had it not been for the ineligible players. Every game that your team won in that time frame was a slap in the face for the teams who lost!

At this point I would not hire someone with a degree from UNC , you really don't know if they have been educated or not . If anyone mentions that they graduated from UNC my first thought would be did they go to class or not , how many sub remedial classes did they get credit for . Their integrity has been destroyed , they cannot be trusted and are not believable . Their shady behavior and dodging of the truth has no doubt devalued any diploma issued from UNC . It needed to happen , the UNC academic status was out of line with reality . It wouldn't surprise me to learn that UNC is average across the board academically and what they offered was sub par in an attempt to inflate an imaginary status , it's obvious they care more about external perception than being honest .

Last edited:
There is no justification to allow UNC to come out of this unscathed. You do 2 investigations, and you come back finding nothing of concern?

The NCAA cannot truly believe this, and if they decide that those bad deeds are past time limitations, then all participating schools need to file suit and begin the process of bringing kids to school with one sole purpose; to do it the Carolina Way.

If the media does not hammer the NCAA regarding student transcripts, then they are in on this sham as well.

Time to hold the obviously blatant cheaters responsible and fire Bubba and his puppets.

There is no justification to allow UNC to come out of this unscathed. You do 2 investigations, and you come back finding nothing of concern?

The NCAA cannot truly believe this, and if they decide that those bad deeds are past time limitations, then all participating schools need to file suit and begin the process of bringing kids to school with one sole purpose; to do it the Carolina Way.

If the media does not hammer the NCAA regarding student transcripts, then they are in on this sham as well.

Time to hold the obviously blatant cheaters responsible and fire Bubba and his puppets.
I'd like to know how the NCAA missed this in their first investigation. When they do an investigation they go over records with a fine tooth comb and usually uncover more violations than a school has reported. During their investigation of UNC they failed to uncover the biggest case of academic fraud in their history. The Wainstein Report and the attached emails shows there was a huge paper trail proving the fraud but they somehow failed to uncover this evidence in the first investigation and agreed to reopen the case only after the Wainstein Report made it clear that the cheating had been going on for 2 decades. They were either incompetent in their first investigation or they knew about the cheating and were trying to cover it up.

When the Wainstein Report, Kane's reporting, McCants' and Peppers' transcripts and Willingham's statements became public they had no choice but to reopen their investigation. Their next act will be to minimize the damage by handing down the lightest penalties possible.

The first NCAA investigator sent to UNC*** was a UNC*** football alumni. I am sure he and his buddies made sure the scope of the investigation was tied to football.

True. Because only the death penalty would be appropriate.

Are you being serious with this? Hell, I'm a Duke fan and even I think it's ridiculous how blown out of proportion this UNC thing has gotten. It's really not as huge of a scandal as most of y'all (as well as most Duke fans) make it out to be. UNC hoops will either get a couple scholarships taken away for a few years or just completely skate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT