ADVERTISEMENT

UK will ger Diallo, Murray, Mulder, and either Ingram or Brown

I agree Diallo and Murray makes us preseason #1 and the favorite to win the national title for a third straight season.

We really need a guard or wing and another big, so Diallo and Mulder would be exactly what we need. Adding Murray would be a great bonus!

Reactions: railroadkat_1
Reports coming out in the last hour that Mulder will sign this weekend.

We're gonna get Murray and Diallo.. Then all the hyperbole can continue.. Which I absolutely thrive on. Sell me the cool-aid, I'm buyin.. We'll be as good next year and way more entertaining..

I agree on the first 3 but it's unlikely we get Ingram out of North Carolina (although I hope this isn't true) and nobody can seem to get a bead on where Brown is heading. Still with Diallo, Murray and Mulder to go with the three we already have in the fold would be an excellent class.

Murray is the key for me.

I don't trust JUCO players. I hope Mulder comes in and lights it up, but I don't have high expectations for him. I see him as a role player next season.

Murray looks like a superstar waiting to happen, especially with Cal working with him.

Diallo would be awesome, he is such a high energy kid. Love to have him, but he isn't a make or break player for this team since we have Labissiere, Poythress, and Lee inside.

Murray is the key for me.

I don't trust JUCO players. I hope Mulder comes in and lights it up, but I don't have high expectations for him. I see him as a role player next season.

Murray looks like a superstar waiting to happen, especially with Cal working with him.

Diallo would be awesome, he is such a high energy kid. Love to have him, but he isn't a make or break player for this team since we have Labissiere, Poythress, and Lee inside.
Depends on how you define make or break. If we only land mulder, then the ceiling for next year is a sweet sixteen. If you're fine with that, then that's you. A final four team is we get two of newman, ingram, diallo, Murray or maker with the addition of Mulder.

Always love my Cats but not a chance. 38-0 was as entertaining as it gets!
Nope.. 2012 was way better.. What matters is post season. Not that it wasn't awesome to do what hasn't been done with 38-0.. I want # 9 and I think a team with less expectations has a better chance to do it.. Ulis, Poythress and Lee have had a taste and that's huge.. I have high expectations for next year..

I really think Mulder is going to be a sweet surprise. I am tired of guys who can guard but can't score. Duke just won a championship with a weak defense but they could score the ball. The name of the game is to out score the other guy not to keep it close.

Last edited:
Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
If we don't get Newman we will definitely get Murray. Then we'll also get Diallo and Mulder. That makes us the favorites and preseason number 1. Anything else is just icing on the cake really. I would love Ingram. I mean I absolutely love the kid. I'd take him over Brown any day of the weak. Cal should be doing whatever it takes to try and land him, and since we are who we are I wouldn't be surprised if we did somehow get him. say we don't get Newman, my picture perfect team would be this.

Ulis
Murray
Ingram
Diallo
Skal

Then Briscoe, Mathews, Mulder, Poy, and Lee.

Last edited:
Depends on how you define make or break. If we only land mulder, then the ceiling for next year is a sweet sixteen. If you're fine with that, then that's you. A final four team is we get two of newman, ingram, diallo, Murray or maker with the addition of Mulder.

I disagree. We add Murray and no one else, we are a Final Four level team.

Who else has six 5-stars (Labissiere, Murray, Briscoe, Poythress, Ulis, Lee) on their roster?

There aren't very many teams with that kind of talent.

Reactions: bluescat92
Next years team will score the ball better.. It'll be a faster paced offense..

Let me throw a nugget out there. If Brown commits to anyone now, other wings or 2/3 's may be scared off because Brown is starting. So if you are trying to fill roster spots, you may or may not ask Brown to hold of toll the last minute to commit. Brown is very much in play.

Don't get your hopes up for..... Newman (MSU),........... Diallo(St.Johns),...........Brown( who knows..not UK).........,Ingram.(Duke)......... yes to Mulder and Murray...and that makes us top 5..id say there's a better chance to add Maker in Dec than getting Diallo..

Don't get your hopes up for..... Newman (MSU),........... Diallo(St.Johns),...........Brown( who knows..not UK).........,Ingram.(Duke)......... yes to Mulder and Murray...and that makes us top 5..id say there's a better chance to add Maker in Dec than getting Diallo..

If you are this good, you could probably be making money at it. Or are you just guessing like the rest of us?

Why is everyone so hype on Mulder? I don't like JUCO's, they seem to be trouble and don't fit in our program well. Plus the birds didn't even offer him a scholorship, so why is he going to be an impact player here?

Why is everyone so hype on Mulder? I don't like JUCO's, they seem to be trouble and don't fit in our program well. Plus the birds didn't even offer him a scholorship, so why is he going to be an impact player here?
Oh i don't know when you can shoot 48% from 3 and have a 43 inch vert people tend to like that sort of thing . he won't be a star but i wouldn't be shocked if he makes it to the league as shooting with jumping ablity like that is rare.

Reactions: Tyblue22
Something is better than nothing. And he potentially fills a need.

It would be wrong to get hopes up too high for Mulder, but it's also wrong to dismiss him. He's Canadian (one who didn't come to the US to play HS ball), so he wasn't scouted as much in HS as a US kid would have been, and also didn't get exposed to as much top-flight competition. He went to a very legit JUCO in Vincennes, that has a history of putting out D1 players (Darius Carter from Wichita St would be the best recent one), and he was the best player on their very good team.

There's reason to think he can be a contributor. You just hope you get lucky, and he turns out to be more than that.

Lol, no way in hell that happens. If you want to get an early start on your crow thread Friday would be the perfect day to start. I'll glad eat crow if some how those guys come here

Do some reading .the writing is on the wall...look how Newman talked about UK..look at Ingram doing 2 visits with Duke in 5 days...

Good, so it's just guessing. I don't think we get either of those anyway. I'm just concerned about Diallo and Murray.

While last years team was very exciting I still have to go with the 2012 team simply because they fulfilled the dream.

Always love my Cats but not a chance. 38-0 was as entertaining as it gets!

Obviously 38-0 was unprecedented and entertaining however IMO 2010 and 2012 were more exciting teams to watch than 2015. Don't get me wrong, I loved this year's team...but don't sell next year short before it ever starts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT