ADVERTISEMENT

UK will ger Diallo, Murray, Mulder, and either Ingram or Brown

Chris Mullin visited Cheick Diallo last night. He is either headed to SJU or UK, I just hope it is here. Probably 50/50 right now.

Brown's unknown feelings reminds me of Julius Randle. He was going anywhere but to play for Cal.

I'm holding out til the very end we get the player we need the most to seperate us from the pack.

The longer Brown holds out the better for UK. I think he will be the last recruit to sign. UK will miss on Ingram and newman to MSU. Give me Brown with murray?, mulder and Diallo? any day.

UK - Step right in the SF pos., skal, ulis, briscoe, brown, and murray for a starting 5
Kansas - Ellis, bragg, and maybe diallo
UCLA - who will see him play?
Michigan - adidas and family. the other big blue is a real contender here but Lavert is there
North Carolina - AFAM!! He is not going to cheater hill
California - Who will see him here? adidas school
Georgia - close to home but why
Georgia Tech - close to home but again why

That would no doubt be one heck of a recruited class but reality IMO it is just a pipe dream. The way thing are shaping up it is looking like UK will be lucky to get any of those listed. Then we have the situation where it is going to be difficult for Calipari to get any lesser ranked players because they know that he will just recruit over them as soon as possible.

I think you guys will have the top recruiting class, again, when all is said and done. A lot of the worrying is purely because A) it is not done yet and B) it has not been done via the traditional routes. But Cal will ensure UK has a LOT of talent next year.

Reactions: Galbpt02
We are going to sign at most 3 more players, possibly only 2. Mulder is a given at this point according to what everyone is saying. Murray is a solid possibility, Diallo is possible but I'd say we have at best a 50-50 shot with him. Ingram will stay in NC, and I don't think Brown is leaning UK. It would be really nice to have a true SF, but hey if we have Tyler, Alex, Marcus, Dom, Derek back and add Skal, Isaiah, Charles, Chiek, Mychal and Mr. Murray, that's a VERY talented team with depth right there. That's legit 8-9 deep with solid talent with several players who could vie for minutes as role players. I'll be happy with whatever we get.

Reactions: Galbpt02
Murray and Diallo are keys. I would love Newman, Brown or Ingram but don't see it as likely. I think Mulder is a 5-10 minute guy that can add a little scoring. Both Murray and Diallo would be integral parts to our team from day 1 and give us the depth and versatility we need. I think Ulis, Briscoe and Murray would even be on the floor together at times against certain teams.

If Murray were to reclassify, some are saying he would be a top 10 player based on his recent performances. Newman is now ranked at #8 by Rivals. Think about that - Murray is right with him. He is a huge recruit for us. Everyone needs to go and show him some love this weekend.

Diallo knows we need him. We are thin upfront and he can come in day 1 and be a starter and play big minutes. I think that was big for him. He will get a lot more exposure and have much better guards who can help set him up than he would at St. Johns. St. Johns can offer minutes but he will get doubled all the time on that team - at UK that can't happen as much due to the talent around him. He and Skal are perfect compliments as well.

Summing it up - Diallo and Murray is what we need.

Reactions: gregbookout
Why is everyone so hype on Mulder? I don't like JUCO's, they seem to be trouble and don't fit in our program well. Plus the birds didn't even offer him a scholorship, so why is he going to be an impact player here?
Yeah I bet Utah is really regretting getting Delon Wright. Ole Miss really screwed up taking on Stefan Moody.

If UK doesn't get any more recruits or maybe a lesser recruit or two we will find out if Calipari is an all around elite coach or if he is just an elite recruiter.

I get the feeling at times that a good high school coach could make a run in the NCAA with the players that Calipari has had to work with. The only year when he did not have elites his season was an epic failure losing in the first game of the NIT.

If UK doesn't get any more recruits or maybe a lesser recruit or two we will find out if Calipari is an all around elite coach or if he is just an elite recruiter.

I get the feeling at times that a good high school coach could make a run in the NCAA with the players that Calipari has had to work with. The only year when he did not have elites his season was an epic failure losing in the first game of the NIT.

Clearly the hall of fame should have waited before electing him since we don't know if he can coach yet.This comment is just crazy to me.

Reactions: ukmelanie
Posers are running wild since the changeover. They're so easy to spot in this thread.

Not gonna happen. We may get half, but definitely not all. A eunuch has a better chance of catching the clap than UK has on getting every one of those players.

If we get Murray and Diallo, this is the rotation for most of the games, IMHO:

Starters
G Ulis- 30-35mpg
G Murray- 30-35mpg
F Poythress- 25-30mpg
F Diallo- 25-30mpg
F Labissiere- 25-30mpg

Key Reserves
G Briscoe- 30-35mpg
F Lee- 15-20mpg

That team is a contender.

Reactions: Sweet Hooks
What? Are you kidding me. None of you guys have reliable inside sources? I am shocked.

Gone are the days of Kersey, TCCAT,CarolinaWildcats and others who always had great info . We on here are always starving for info and any time someone like Paul or TJ talk we jump all over it as they are the only 2 insiders with any weight on this board. Sucks as it has left a vaccuum where people are so starved so info that when a regular fan predicts things they take it to heart and has led to alot of negativity but what can you do ? It also seems Cal is very tight lipped as no one had any idea Skal and UK were locks for over a year.

When do our 2014 and 2015 "Favorite to win the NC" banners get hung? I cant wait!

You idiot...we've only won 8 championships ever & there were many years we had the best team & didn't win it. Wooden, Coach K, Dean Smith, Tom Izzo....all have had teams that should've won it & didn't. Coach K's most talented team ever (Jay Williams) team did not win it. It happens.

It's not a smack on our coach.

Yep, having the most talent doesn't always result in a Championship, unless it's the NBA or MLB, where they play best of 7. Any sport where it's a one shot deal, it's a crapshoot, and even less likely in a 68 team tourney. You could play the same 68 teams 10 different times, and have 7-8 different winners IMO

You idiot...we've only won 8 championships ever & there were many years we had the best team & didn't win it. Wooden, Coach K, Dean Smith, Tom Izzo....all have had teams that should've won it & didn't. Coach K's most talented team ever (Jay Williams) team did not win it. It happens.

It's not a smack on our coach.

Uh...What does this have to do with what i said, i replied to some guy boasting about the cats being the favorites to win the title for the 3rd straight year. BFD, if you guys are happy with just being favorites, then have fun with that. I couldnt care less about the cats being the favorite to win, because it means nothing, if......we lose.

You do know that Cal coached at UMASS and Memphis before UK right?

Reactions: AFSTALLION13
Why is everyone so hype on Mulder? I don't like JUCO's, they seem to be trouble and don't fit in our program well. Plus the birds didn't even offer him a scholorship, so why is he going to be an impact player here?
The birds didn't offer him because they didn't want to lose another player, ala Lyles to Kentucky, he will fit in here because he is a big guard who can shoot and is very athletic.

I see you are averaging a post a year. I hope that means we don't have to hear any more of your whiny nonsense until the Spring of 2016.

As for the OP -- probably optimistic, but I think when the smoke clears Kentucky fans will very plausibly see the Cats as one of 4-5 teams with a legitimate shot next year. Anyone who expects any more simply doesn't understand college basketball.

And you average around 1250 a year, see i can do math too. Sorry but i have a life that doesn't revolve around posting on this board.

I really think Mulder is going to be a sweet surprise. I am tired of guys who can guard but can't score. Duke just won a championship with a weak defense but they could score the ball. The name of the game is to out score the other guy not to keep it close.
Duke had a weak defense??

I really think Mulder is going to be a sweet surprise. I am tired of guys who can guard but can't score. Duke just won a championship with a weak defense but they could score the ball. The name of the game is to out score the other guy not to keep it close.
Duke had weak defense??

they always handle the teams that bounce KY. Weird.

Knowing you are a Puke fan, it is still a legitimate observation
I have been asking myself the same thing. Logic and objectivity will point to coaching deficiencies, but the homers will most likely push the "K and refs" agenda.

Well yeah, that's what happens when you play a bunch of offensively challenged teams and have one of the easiest rides to the championship game of the last 10 years.

Since you referenced Kenpom. Duke defeated the #21 offense, #6 offense, #15 offense, and #1 offense. Kentucky beat the #104 offense, #45 offense, #2 offense, and lost to the #1 offense.

In terms of overall Kenpom rank, Duke played a higher ranked team than UK in each round until the Final Four which of course Duke still beat that team in the championship anyways

Duke played #176, #27, #8, #7, #15, #3
UK played #239, #34, #26, #9, #3

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT