ADVERTISEMENT

UK will be Fine Without Cal!

Philstat

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2004
Texas takes a $54M financial burden off the university and the state, not Cal's fault, this is on MB. I believe change is good with everything at some point. I don't believe Cal ever wins a title at UK again, he needs dominating talent in order to do that, that doesn't bode will for the future of the program. He would be rejuvenated at Texas and at that point, UK could make a hard rush for Brad Stevens, Nick Nurse and some high level CBB coaches . This is UK, the program speaks for itself.

I'd say troll, and that's the best case scenario. But sadly there really are a few Kentucky fans this delusional.
Trolls keep stirring up trouble. They thrive on it. I understand why some on here like Cal and some on here don’t like him. We got a mixture of both they can carry on conversations that are decent. Sad thing is the outrageous ones fit in with the trolls more than they realize.

Reactions: chroix and Zissou87
Cal not leaving.

How about a DII coach. Coach from Northwest Missouri St going for his 3rd DII title out of last 4. Maybe could bring his star guard with him. National DII player of the year who shoots 51% from 3.
The wingnuts want a coach who won't appease the players by kneeling for the anthem or one who won't support BLM.

They're going to be waiting a LONG time.

Texas takes a $54M financial burden off the university and the state, not Cal's fault, this is on MB. I believe change is good with everything at some point. I don't believe Cal ever wins a title at UK again, he needs dominating talent in order to do that, that doesn't bode will for the future of the program. He would be rejuvenated at Texas and at that point, UK could make a hard rush for Brad Stevens, Nick Nurse and some high level CBB coaches . This is UK, the program speaks for itself.
LOL

I don't think the team a year ago would have won the championship but they had a chance. Obviously with the tournament canceled we may never know. But this disater of a season would have been completely forgiven.
None of can tell Cal what to do. But he can write his own ticket any time to the next major program when a coach leaves or retires. If it were me I'd use all the resources that are at his disposal with Kentucky to get the top transfers and have a super team next season. It will shut us all up and add to his legacy. Plus it looks like other than some possibilities of masks things will be back to normal by the late summer.

Bingo. Cal is definitely left-leaning for a guy his age.. but what, do we think some 40-year old coach won't be?

I honestly don't care what he or the players do. He could hire the MyPillow loon as an assistant coach. The players could pledge allegiance to Mao during a pregame ceremony.

Doesn't matter to me. Win games and win another title. That's all I care about. He deserves criticism for this season though. I certainly agree to that. But I think he'll fix things.

---
Actually, UK will be fine without "fans" like you.

Reactions: chroix
I honestly don't care what he or the players do. He could hire the MyPillow loon as an assistant coach. The players could pledge allegiance to Mao during a pregame ceremony.

Doesn't matter to me. Win games and win another title. That's all I care about. He deserves criticism for this season though. I certainly agree to that. But I think he'll fix things.

100%. Now, I wouldn't want a coach to be TOO crazy into politics, because that can hurt the program. But supporting players kneeling was such a non-issue.. and in actuality, probably helped keep some of these players around, and keep his image fresh with recruits.

I just want to win. Don't care about the politics, don't care if we don't have seniors "whos name I can remember". Don't care if he supports them going to the draft. This is sports, it's ultimately meaningless, and therefore I don't care about the meaningless shit.

I want Cal to stay and right the ship, but UK will be ok either way. 5 coaches with championships. Nobody else comes close.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I'm not going to get in a political argument with you, but I think you are confusing the BLM movement with the BLM organization. There's a large difference between the two.

My point is, a coach is going to support his players if they want to speak out on social justice. Every single one of them. So the people who've been on a crusade ever since the kneeling are going to be in for a rude awakening when Cal leaves.

He doesn't need dominating talent, that's a myth started by morons...he does need some veterans/experience same as everyone else...look at Kryghjwfski and the year he just had. you don't win with 10 new players

• Haha
Reactions: UK till Death

The only piece I’m in agreement with is the level of coach that has to replace Calipari or frankly any Kentucky coach. If Barthart can get a handshake type agreement before pulling the trigger on Calipari with a high level coach, then sure. I just don’t believe there are any who would jump on it right now. The only way a NBA guy moves on it is if he’s about to get canned and knows it.

Reactions: Zissou87
Funny because you’d think Christ wouldn’t stand for racism and that overcoming it would be what’s best for the country. So, basically you’re against God, country and Kentucky basketball.

and on that note, I shall bow out :)
criminals being shot after pulling guns and knifes on police is not a race issue and it's not murder
and thats the garbage they are protesting.

The only piece I’m in agreement with is the level of coach that has to replace Calipari or frankly any Kentucky coach. If Barthart can get a handshake type agreement before pulling the trigger on Calipari with a high level coach, then sure. I just don’t believe there are any who would jump on it right now. The only way a NBA guy moves on it is if he’s about to get canned and knows it.
Agreed. There were way too many "no's" before Billy said "yes."

Reactions: MakinMusic
The wingnuts want a coach who won't appease the players by kneeling for the anthem or one who won't support BLM.

They're going to be waiting a LONG time.
That's OK. We can wait as long as it takes to get a decent human being who actually cares for black lives to coach here. BLM clearly does not! That is why I'm against BLM and kneeling.

I can ASSURE you that political affiliation will be absolute LAST on the list of a things UK will be looking for in a future coach. Some of you......damn

Reactions: MakinMusic
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT