ADVERTISEMENT

UK meeting with Drew per Rothstein

I wish I was more on board with this. I know some are, but it just does not feel exciting.
Just be grateful for what it is. It’s a search that looks like it’s going to wrap up rather quickly and not drag out with a bunch of guys telling us no and us relying on plucking some coach from a mid-major as our 6th or 7th choice.

Would you prefer Drew over the guy Louisville ended up with?

family guy vomit GIF

Hopefully the plane crashes.
Wow can you please go root for another team?

YouTube some of his interviews and you’ll get a better idea of his character and mindset.

Total opposite of used cars salesman

If he brings his 3 top 25 recruits (5, 23, and 24), I’m elated. I know about VJ but the 6’9, 210 SF Asemonte (spelling?) really intrigues me! I watched highlights and his interview. That’s the type of well spoken kid I would love to have at the university

Whats the alternative here? UK is about to hire a guy who won a title with a 28-2 team. Including beating a undefeated gonzaga team. We've never hired a title winning coach. If Hurley did say no, and Donovan's timing is wrong. This is the best choice. It's either this or Sean Miller/Shaka Smart.

Whats the alternative here? UK is about to hire a guy who won a title with a 28-2 team. Including beating a undefeated gonzaga team. We've never hired a title winning coach. If Hurley did say no, and Donovan's timing is wrong. This is the best choice. It's either this or Sean Miller/Shaka Smart.
We have to convince ourselves that it's a great hire because what else do we have?At least Mitch will retire soon and he won't make the next hire.

• Haha
Reactions: ScottytheBody
We have to convince ourselves that it's a great hire because what else do we have?At least Mitch will retire soon and he won't make the next hire.
You have no idea how he is going to do here. He was in the big 12 at a private religious school in middle of nowhere Texas. The UK job elevates coaches. Booster support is about to reopen, Craft is matching Cal's NIL. You can't compare his results and go ''man he's lost 12 games this many years'' yada yada. Unless you think Baylor is on a similar level of Kentucky with similar booster support.

I get it. We all want the “sexiest” pick out there to head the program. So, whoever you envision that being, there's the likelihood that's not going to happen.

Personally, I don’t really understand the fretting over Drew. He is a good coach... Maybe a great coach. We're going to be really good. What he did at Baylor is amazing.

After butting heads with Calipari, I cannot blame Mitch for hiring someone that he will actually be able to work with! Support for new facilities and other needs will be much easier to come by now as well

Finally, I believe there are many coaches out there who can succeed at UK by recruiting well, getting the right transfers and composing a team that represents UK. We have had great success over 80+ years because we have a program with high standards and the BEST fan base in the game!

I'm with Scott Drew as coach cuz I know from past performance he is capable of beating Calipari ...especially at Rupp.
Matter of fact Scott Drew has beat John Calipari in Rupp and he's beat him in Texas.
Cow stop playing Baylor after that.
He will win against Cal next year And he has a top five recruiting class. That matters most. We cant dip.
Scott Drew has my support.
I wanna beat Cow at Rupp next year bad!!!!

Reactions: pappy52
We can be upset but you have to have a realistic alternative. If Hurley, Donovan, and Oats don’t want it then you’re not going to beat the option of Scott Drew.

His resume is more impressive than Gillispie’s or Cal’s or Sutton’s was when they came here.
Has any KY coach has ever won a title before coming here? I don't think so.

You have no idea how he is going to do here. He was in the big 12 at a private religious school in middle of nowhere Texas. The UK job elevates coaches. Booster support is about to reopen, Craft is matching Cal's NIL. You can't compare his results at go ''man he's lost 12 games this many years'' yada yada. Unless you think Baylor is on a similar level of Kentucky with similar booster support.
I hope you are right.The results will prove who is right.I would be THRILLED to be wrong.

“In the near future?”

Makes it sound we have other matters to tend to first. Pretty sure finding a new hoops coach should top UK’s urgency list.
Or In the near future" mean when the plane lands that is near Lexington. Making snark, clueless post is not a good look and neither are posters saying "Won't change until Mitch is gone", or shitting on who may be the new coach before he even coaches a game. it is post like this that give SOME of fans the bad rep. Spin it how you want to, but some fans just are never going to be happy. They wanted Cal gone, he is, now it is on to bashing the next coach BEFORE he is even hired or known.

Or In the near future" mean when the plane lands that is near Lexington.
I am aware of that. And I think the meeting will happen today.

I just thought it was odd wording. That’s all. Quit being so thin-skinned overreading and overreacting to things. Is

Can we wait until we lose a game to start complaining?
I don’t think so. Drew could lose 5 games next year total and some would lose their minds with every loss because Drew is not the sexy hire they wanted meanwhile Hurley or Donavan could lose 8-10 and they would be perfectly fine with it as building for the future.

Outside of the 1 title, this is completely false.
Cal had one extra final four. Lol, what? Drew could've easily had another in 2012 had he not ran into AD and company. Just like Cal could've easily lost in the elite 8 in 2008. You don't know shit until he coaches here. Your tarheels need to worry about Hubert Davis and his 9th year seniors losing to Grant Nelson.

On the bright side, everybody can go cancel your HOB free trial now before you get charged for a month

Reactions: UK90
Whats the alternative here? UK is about to hire a guy who won a title with a 28-2 team. Including beating an undefeated gonzaga team. We've never hired a title winning coach. If Hurley did say no, and Donovan's timing is wrong. This is the best choice. It's either this or Sean Miller/Shaka Smart.
I bet he didn’t even try for Donovan

I have just read that Drew is wanting to come, but his wife is extremely introverted and they have one child enrolled at Baylor and two in high school in Waco. Apparently, UK reps flew down there last night to discuss and this plane is them returning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT