ADVERTISEMENT

UK may get a transfer from Ohio State

Does anyone know what his problems were at OSU? I wouldn't want UK to become another UofL taking a lot of problem players.
they (osu fans) said he was missing workouts and not taking care of his classwork. he was still eligible so not sure if he just wasn't showing up to the "team" tutoring or not but the kid graduated early with decent grades so im not worried about that.

it sounds like he was just really unhappy there and reports of such were kinda leaking out from the moment he got on campus. meyer was actively trying to get him to change his mind according to several posters over there. so it's not like he did something "wrong".

I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. We don't know any of the real details about why he is leaving Ohio State. No telling what he will decide to do next. But Marcelys Jones strongly considered Kentucky before committing to Ohio State, so something might happen with this.

I dunno man. UK was strong in his recruitment previously, he asks to speak with UK again, and decides he is transferring from Ohio State. Seems like he's made his decision to go to UK.

I dunno man. UK was strong in his recruitment previously, he asks to speak with UK again, and decides he is transferring from Ohio State. Seems like he's made his decision to go to UK.
No it doesn't. He is just examining his options, that's all. We don't know what precipitated his departure from Ohio State. We don't know if he can enroll at Kentucky. We don't know how many other schools he is considering. Don't get me wrong. I hope he comes here. He could help us. But this probably isn't as far along as you are suggesting.

No it doesn't. He is just examining his options, that's all. We don't know what precipitated his departure from Ohio State. We don't know if he can enroll at Kentucky. We don't know how many other schools he is considering. Don't get me wrong. I hope he comes here. He could help us. But this probably isn't as far along as you are suggesting.

At the very least, it's clearly his first option, and the most well-known one. Considering how much he liked UK before he went to tOSU, and UK being the first option again (that much has been reported already), I think that speaks volumes.

Our OL is really shaping up well. Can't wait to see it in about two years(even if we don't get this guy).

Quite true. Our OL could be awesome in a couple of years, but even if he didn't start, and sounds like he has all the necessary talent and a couple of years experience in a quality program to help him there, he would play a lot and give us much needed depth.

If things fall into place for Jones to come to UK, I'm totally fine with that. I just wish he was a tackle instead of an interior lineman. We need a quality tackle more than a center or OG. JMO.

By the time 2016 season rolls around I would think we would have our tackle situation resolved for the most part - there are several pieces to the puzzle on the table right now. Who knows by then we may be more in need of a right guard.

Not sure why we shoud question his integrity because he decided to transfer, none of the normal "we aren't able to comment because of privacy rules" when someone getsi in trouble.

Not only are the Buckeye comments slanted the only two comments on the article show their attitude toward UK:

1. coachbeck says: Jun 14, 2015 11:57 PM
    Ummm Lexington isn’t far at all.
    i
    Rate This
  2. dryzzt23 says: Jun 15, 2015 11:50 AM
    Yet another player transfers out of an “elite” SEC school.
    UK is an SEC cupcake, everyone knows it.

He is thinking of transferring to schools less than an hour away and it is 170 miles from his home to Columbus and another 190 miles to Lexington, try jumping in your car and dropping in on your mom from Lexington. And while I thought it would have been stupid to schedule OSU for an OOC game in the past I hope we get the chance to meet them in a bowl sometime in the future.

At the very least, it's clearly his first option, and the most well-known one.
That is only an assumption. We don't know if we are his 1st option. I hope so, but wishing doesn't accomplish anything in recruiting. I hope he transfers to Kentucky, but many posters on this board have speculated at many times about done deals and they usually don't work out that way.

That is only an assumption. We don't know if we are his 1st option. I hope so, but wishing doesn't accomplish anything in recruiting. I hope he transfers to Kentucky, but many posters on this board have speculated at many times about done deals and they usually don't work out that way.

If we weren't his first option, why would it be reported that he's looking at UK? Not another school, but UK. That's it.
And now another site is apparently reporting that he's planning to visit UK soon. I would think that it's safe to say that Kentucky is his first option.

Reactions: CatsFanGG24
And we will actually be able rs guys like drake and Landon.

We Need Another Tackle IN This Class but 2018 will be a really good line.

Good call :scream:

@Blue Decade

Not to rub it in, but I told you so. [roll]

Notta problem!
Oh stop it. I told you so? Is that your reaction? LOL! This isn't about you. You had no inside information. I asked you twice not to get me wrong. It's great that he is coming, and the speed of it surprises me. None of us had any way to know Jones' actual intentions until he announced them. Now that he has announced his intention to play for Kentucky, everyone is happy about it.

Last edited:
Oh stop it. I told you so? Is that your reaction? LOL! This isn't about you. You had no inside information. I asked you twice not to get me wrong. It's great that he is coming, and the speed of it surprises me. None of us had any way to know Jones' actual intentions until he announced them. Now that he has announced his intention to play for Kentucky, everyone is happy about it.

You clearly didn't see my thread a few weeks ago where I go into extensive detail explaining that I am the insider (used a re-worded quote from Breaking Bad to explain, actually)
disclaimer: I'm not actually an insider.

But my point is, all signs pointed to him going to UK.
Literally, every sign. There was no sign that he was looking at any other school. Any other sign that he was looking at other programs did not exist.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, it was kinda common sense on how fast things were going based on the news provided.

And I told you so, that's what I'm trying to say as well. [laughing]

Reactions: CatsFanGG24
You clearly didn't see my thread a few weeks ago where I go into extensive detail explaining that I am the insider (used a re-worded quote from Breaking Bad to explain, actually)
disclaimer: I'm not actually an insider.

But my point is, all signs pointed to him going to UK.

Literally, every sign. There was no sign that he was looking at any other school. Any other sign that he was looking at other programs did not exist.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, it was kinda common sense on how fast things were going based on the news provided.

And I told you so, that's what I'm trying to say as well. [laughing]
How old are you? Really? I never said Jones wasn't coming. Several times, I said don't get me wrong, I hope he comes to Kentucky. No I didn't see your earlier post touting your insider credentials. But lots of posters claim inside information here, and most turn out to be wrong. I have seen enough done deal posts before on this board to know that you have to wait until the athlete announces his decision. You got this right, maybe with some luck, and you are tooting your own horn now. So you think that is common sense, but I see it differently. What goes around comes around.

How old are you? Really? I never said Jones wasn't coming. Several times, I said don't get me wrong, I hope he comes to Kentucky. No I didn't see your earlier post touting your insider credentials. But lots of posters claim inside information here, and most turn out to be wrong. I have seen enough done deal posts before on this board to know that you have to wait until the athlete announces his decision. You got this right, maybe with some luck, and you are tooting your own horn now. So you think that is common sense, but I see it differently. What goes around comes around.

You don't like it very much when people rib you, eh? I openly admitted I'm no insider. In all seriousness though, based on the info given, guessing this (and it was a guess) was about as simple as a 10 piece puzzle.
As far as the "What goes around comes around" comment, not very sure how that is applicable to this topic. Maybe you're implying that I'm going to be dead wrong next time I take a guess at something? Which is very likely true. I dunno. You should enjoy the new commitment though.

And also enjoy the fact that I was right.

You don't like it very much when people rib you, eh? I openly admitted I'm no insider. In all seriousness though, based on the info given, guessing this (and it was a guess) was about as simple as a 10 piece puzzle.
As far as the "What goes around comes around" comment, not very sure how that is applicable to this topic. Maybe you're implying that I'm going to be dead wrong next time I take a guess at something? Which is very likely true. I dunno. You should enjoy the new commitment though.

And also enjoy the fact that I was right.
I like it when people rib me. I don't like pinheads and baiters though. Most people don't. How old are you?

I like it when people rib me. I don't like pinheads and baiters though. Most people don't. How old are you?

I'm genuinely just trying to count the number of times you'll ask me this bolded comment above.
It takes somebody incredibly uneducated and very thin skinned to get baited by "I told you so" [laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT