ADVERTISEMENT

UK may get a transfer from Ohio State

Rhavicc

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2014
Marcelys Jones, a 4 star offensive guard according to 247sports, is transferring from OSU. He's been given permission to speak with UK, and may take a visit soon. Bringing this kid here would add to an already tremendous o-line in 2016.
Could be a huge get for us.

If it happens, great news, and some justice. Damn his dirty Ohio State-pushing HS coach from preventing him from coming here as he wanted to do in the 1st place last year.

Yes please... I would greatly enjoy another Army All American on our roster. Looks like he played in 3 games last year for OSU. I suppose he'd have to redshirt in 2015 and then would be eligible to play as a redshirt sophomore in 2016. I'll still take it!

Reactions: Cazwheel1072
Kid had problems at OSU, and from the sound of things it was a number of them.

But unless someone can point me towards news of him having trouble with the law or being a total cancer, I'll take him. We aren't in a position yet to turn away people this talented unless they're a ticking time bomb. Some times people just need to go somewhere they're more comfortable.

crack the 2 deep, if he sucked why did they throw him out there as a true frosh?

if OSU truely will allow him to transfer here, props. But they shouldn't have gotten his dirty HS coach to personally fly in and twist the kids arm at the Army AA game when Elam was swinging him our way.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...4813/marcelys-jones-dismissed-from-ohio-state

This article is slanted like crazy. "Jones had yet to see significant minutes for the Buckeyes, not even cracking the two-deep during his freshman season." Umm... he was a freshman on the national championship winning football team and you think he stinks because he didn't crack the two deep?!

Typical spinning from the O$U spinmeisters. Of course they're going to put him in worst possible light. As someone else pointed out, unless there are serious academic/character issues that we (the fanbase) don't know about, I would welcome him with open arms.

Reactions: Rockford
His issues could all be attributed to not wanting to be at osu in the first place. Grades and missing workouts are bad but not if the pressure and culture at osu were making you want to stay away from people.

Our coaches know him and I'm sure some understanding will be reached. If all is good for stoops then I'm cool with it too. We will be loaded with interior lineman the next 4 years though.

Just looked at a few projected depth charts for Ohio St. He was the backup C on 2 (after a Sr) and LG on the other (didnt have class listed, and it was after Spring Practice). He probably needed to redshirt last season anyway, so come on down Mr. Jones, would take him in a heartbeat.

Marcelys Jones, a 4 star offensive guard according to 247sports, is transferring from OSU. He's been given permission to speak with UK, and may take a visit soon. Bringing this kid here would add to an already tremendous o-line in 2016.
Sounds fine to me. Was wondering the other day how he was doing.

Also, nice to see you Rhavicc over on Secrant(I'm tWildcat). We need more UK fans over there.

Just looked at a few projected depth charts for Ohio St. He was the backup C on 2 (after a Sr) and LG on the other (didnt have class listed, and it was after Spring Practice). He probably needed to redshirt last season anyway, so come on down Mr. Jones, would take him in a heartbeat.

Yes sir we will....Bama, FSU, UT, Wisky and others wanted Jones.

Got a lot of first team reps in the Spring as well as veterans rested, doesnt sound like he is some overrated bust (not that you could really tell with a true freshman OL anyway).

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index....depth_chart_buckeye.html#incart_story_package

Offensive line depth chart: Keep in mind that Taylor Decker and Pat Elflein didn't get a ton of reps because they are part of the 2,000-rep club and Urban Meyer is doing his best to preserve his veterans. And Jacoby Boren is recovering from surgery on his lower leg. So the first-team offensive line is made up of a lot of second teamers. Don't be alarmed, everything is fine.

First-team offense line: LT- Jamarco Jones, LG- Marcelys Jones, C- Bill Price, RG- Evan Lisle, RT- Chase Farris.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Got a lot of first team reps in the Spring as well as veterans rested, doesnt sound like he is some overrated bust (not that you could really tell with a true freshman OL anyway).

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index....depth_chart_buckeye.html#incart_story_package

Offensive line depth chart: Keep in mind that Taylor Decker and Pat Elflein didn't get a ton of reps because they are part of the 2,000-rep club and Urban Meyer is doing his best to preserve his veterans. And Jacoby Boren is recovering from surgery on his lower leg. So the first-team offensive line is made up of a lot of second teamers. Don't be alarmed, everything is fine.

First-team offense line: LT- Jamarco Jones, LG- Marcelys Jones, C- Bill Price, RG- Evan Lisle, RT- Chase Farris.
Great find...thanks!

Our OL is really shaping up well. Can't wait to see it in about two years(even if we don't get this guy).

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
nice to see you Rhavicc over on Secrant(I'm tWildcat). We need more UK fans over there.

That's actually refreshing to hear. Not many UK fans over on SECrant. There are like 4 or 5 that post there quite a bit. I'm relatively new there.

Our OL is really shaping up well. Can't wait to see it in about two years(even if we don't get this guy).

Same here. Hopefully we get that JUCO o-lineman that has offers from all the big boys. He seems like a UK lean as well. If we get him, our o-line could be pretty stacked.

Any word on other schools he may visit?

Sounds like a good get. I dont care if he has had problems or not. He will either shape up or ship out once he is on campus. Sometimes a change in scenery is all a kid needs.

If that was him on that one exchange then he is pissed at osu for something.

But he lost weight. Was running with 1 and 2 all spring and they act like he was a bust. On the other side if his scholly wasn't renewed I believe he would be immediately eligible. .. so is osu that arrogant that they would fight the fact that he left?

Well he states that Urban is talking to him to stay that tells ya everything.
I'm not understanding why he was not redshirted last season.
I remember his recruitment well when we thought we were in very good shape to land him. And talking to his teammates as well.

Eleven Warriors just reported that they confirmed it. Matt Jones tweeted about it previously.

Permission to talk to just UK or to anyone? I know he had high interest in UK during his recruiting process in fact if in were not for the OSU offer I think he would have been a CAT. I think we would be the favorite by far but if he expressed that he was only interested in talking to UK and not others, that pretty much seals the deal.

Wasn't he one of the Glenville Three Morris tried to nab?

Yeah, UK was in good position to land him before he committed and enrolled at tOSU.
Personally, I'll be very excited if we get him. Some over there like how nasty he plays in the trenches. We need that tenacity.

Really weird recruitment to begin with. He was pretty much pushed to OSU by his handlers

I remember jones being recruited by Ky, He seemed to love it here. I think preasure from home town high school pushed him to OSU. Hope we land him this time!!!!!

Thought Marcelys was a heavy UK lean back then. Hope we get him this time. Redshirt season for the big guy then CATS o.line become SEC ready!

Does anyone know what his problems were at OSU? I wouldn't want UK to become another UofL taking a lot of problem players.

Really weird recruitment to begin with. He was pretty much pushed to OSU by his handlers
What? Other recruits don't have their high school coaches jump on a plane during the Christmas holidays & fly halfway across the country the day before a kid who is up in the air is going to make his college choice? Does it sounds suspicious, guess it does.

Tedd Ginn Sr :chairshot:

What? Other recruits don't have their high school coaches jump on a plane during the Christmas holidays & fly halfway across the country the day before a kid who is up in the air is going to make his college choice? Does it sounds suspicious, guess it does.

Tedd Ginn Sr :chairshot:
Ted Ginn Sr and Marrow are very close. This may damage the pipeline between Ginn and Ohio State and help UK.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
I wouldn't get my hopes up yet. We don't know any of the real details about why he is leaving Ohio State. No telling what he will decide to do next. But Marcelys Jones strongly considered Kentucky before committing to Ohio State, so something might happen with this.

If things fall into place for Jones to come to UK, I'm totally fine with that. I just wish he was a tackle instead of an interior lineman. We need a quality tackle more than a center or OG. JMO.

Last edited:
I just wish he was a tackle instead on an interior lineman. We need a quality tackle more than a center or OG. JMO.
Amen to that. We need offensive tackles bad. But I still think Jones could be an upgrade for us at guard. If he comes.

ADVERTISEMENT