ADVERTISEMENT

UK has reached out to BJ Freeman. Reminds me of SGA

Honestly don’t think it matters. Until our players announce their decisions to stay or leave I don’t see any transfers committing here.

Maybe the plan is to cast a wide-ass net, get the guys who want to be here, and figure it out later. No sense waiting for guys to make a decision by June. Get the transfer now, and make the current players decide. If they choose to come back, then you can tell the transfer "you're free to look elsewhere if you'd like, and we support that".

Maybe the plan is to cast a wide-ass net, get the guys who want to be here, and figure it out later. No sense waiting for guys to make a decision by June. Get the transfer now, and make the current players decide. If they choose to come back, then you can tell the transfer "you're free to look elsewhere if you'd like, and we support that".
No decent transfer will commit to us without roster certainty. They won't want to go through the whole process again in a couple of months once all of the other teams have already fleshed out their rosters.

Cal's system just doesn't work well with the transfer portal.

Well, this is one of the changes Cal can make. Roster 1st, player-happiness 2nd.

It's part of the business. If a player gets a better offer, he's going to leave. We need to do the same. If we get a better player, then we take him. and THEN, we do right by the cast off player and help him out in landing his next spot.

Great plan but no transfer is going to do that.

Now, what does this say about the staffs thoughts returnees? Maybe just to take Reeves spot?
I’d argue this transfer portal would be more of a wing forward with some two guard minutes…like Reeves

I still hold out hope we get Dj back and pair him Boogie as guards and we go get a wing forward to play SF…and not lean on Richmond and Knox so much

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Barnhart needs to step-in here. Take over and set a date for players to make a decision.
April 15, that's enough time.
Team FIRST.
Wouldn't there be a way to say "if you haven't decided by April 15th, you're off the roster"?

The good thing about this year, we do not have any players that are the fringe 1st / early 2nd round projected. They are all (Rob and Reed), lotto, or the rest, high 40's - 60's / not on the board at all. It should make the decisions a lot easier. They know that they will be late 2nd or no chance of getting drafted. The kids that are 50 or worse, know they will not get any promises of guaranteed contracts. It makes their decision a whole lot easier. Example, Livingston has some teams maybe saying late 1st / early 2nd. he did not end up getting either. We have no one who is in that range. I do not know about the mandated timeframe of April 15th suggested by one poster, when is the date they can start getting feedback ?

The good thing about this year, we do not have any players that are the fringe 1st / early 2nd round projected. They are all (Rob and Reed), lotto, or the rest, high 40's - 60's / not on the board at all. It should make the decisions a lot easier. They know that they will be late 2nd or no chance of getting drafted. The kids that are 50 or worse, know they will not get any promises of guaranteed contracts. It makes their decision a whole lot easier. Example, Livingston has some teams maybe saying late 1st / early 2nd. he did not end up getting either. We have no one who is in that range. I do not know about the mandated timeframe of April 15th suggested by one poster, when is the date they can start getting feedback ?
Dj
Edwards
Ivisic

All could fit this do I stay or go..we’ll see how things change …or not change

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Dj
Edwards
Ivisic

All could fit this do I stay or go..we’ll see how things change …or not change
Ivisic ? What is there for him to think about ? Playing over seas ? He sure as hell is not getting drafted. Wagner and Edwards MAY, but only if they are OK with being a late 2nd / G-League player. Hopefully NIL can help these two guys decision a little easier. Not saying either come back, my point was we do not have the guys who have the chance to be late 1st (guaranteed contract) or early second round (possible guarantee), outside of the ones I mentioned, the chance of not being drafted is better than getting a guaranteed contract or even getting drafted.

cast a wide net with large holes in it waiting for the nba wannabe's to decide what they are going to do, and the top transfers go elsewhere
CCC is probably waiting on another coach to get a DUI and have another player fall in his lap because of it

That's what everybody else does. You can't wait, wait, wait while other schools are grabbing the best TP players.
Speaking of waiting. Ramsey is right. Other schools can actually chew gum and walk at the same time. ;)

Reactions: Fox2monk
Too late. See above.
Over the next few weeks we will see many transfer player suggestions from people that post here. I bet none of the players mentioned are as tough as Riley Kugel. We missed one there.

Honestly don’t think it matters. Until our players announce their decisions to stay or leave I don’t see any transfers committing here.
Uk HAS to get their roster retention fixed correctly and fast. Don’t have to worry about games to plan for at this point and it should be the highest priority.

If the staff fumbles around trying to **** a football like last offseason the team will have no portal impact again.

Over the next few weeks we will see many transfer player suggestions from people that post here. I bet none of the players mentioned are as tough as Riley Kugel. We missed one there.
There are / will be several players better than Riley Kugel hit the portal. He is a sub 40% shooter and low 30 % 3FG shooter (31.2%). He has some talent, but is VERY inconsistent.

Barnhart needs to step-in here. Take over and set a date for players to make a decision.
April 15, that's enough time.
Team FIRST.
That sounds great in theory but how do you enforce it? You can’t stop them from leaving after that date and if you do try to enforce it you’ll kill recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT