ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN

A blueblood for me is a program that has had success over decades and generations. UCONN's first Final Four was 25 years ago. That just doesn't do it for me. They are absolutely the most successful program of the past 25 years…amazing what they have done, but that doesn’t equate to being a blueblood. They are 2 different things imo. Here is my list:

TIER ONE
Kentucky

National Championships in the 40's, 50's, 70's, 90's and 2010's.
Final Fours in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's 90,s, 2010's

UNC
National Championships in the 50's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's
Final Fours in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's

Kansas
National Championships in the 50's, 80's, 2000's, 2020's
Final Fours in the 40's, 50's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's

TIER TWO
UCLA

National Championships in the 60's, 70's, 90's
Final Fours in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2020's

Duke
National Championships in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's
Final Fours in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's

What's the requirement pre internet to be considered elite?

There's historic...you can be a historic program and reminisce about what you did before cell phones. Maybe even "traditional" is appropriate. That's fine.

IU is a HISTORICally good program with basketball TRADITION. If you want to be in the same category as them, by all means get together with all the other folks who don't want to acknowledge what currently is and let us know how it goes.

Is UCLA elite, blue blooded? I would argue no in modern times. They have history, tradition, and dominated a decade 40-50 years ago but really haven't done much since, especially in the last 10-15ish years.

I mean UGA has two football titles prior to Kirby, one in the 40s and one in the 80s. One more than UK...go on to their football board and enlighten them as to what elite is and get back to us on how it goes.
Huge difference between UK and UCLA. Our records DWARF UConn in any statistical category in terms of program success. It’s not even close. This will only make UConn’s seventh FF. They’re just a lucky program that wins it damn near every time they make it. Also, they’ve been dominant in the last two seasons, seasons in which college basketball is really down.

Has taken the top spot for the best blue blood. Two games away from their 6th title since 1999, Kentucky has 1 in that time…. Just unreal what they have been accomplishing, props to them.
Yeah, even Cal would admit they are the new "Gold Standard" with no drama, excuses or BS.

A blueblood for me is a program that has had success over decades and generations. UCONN's first Final Four was 25 years ago. That just doesn't do it for me. They are absolutely the most successful program of the past 25 years…amazing what they have done, but that doesn’t equate to being a blueblood. They are 2 different things imo. Here is my list:

TIER ONE
Kentucky

National Championships in the 40's, 50's, 70's, 90's and 2010's.
Final Fours in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's 90,s, 2010's

UNC
National Championships in the 50's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's
Final Fours in the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's

Kansas
National Championships in the 50's, 80's, 2000's, 2020's
Final Fours in the 40's, 50's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's

TIER TWO
UCLA

National Championships in the 60's, 70's, 90's
Final Fours in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2020's

Duke
National Championships in the 90's, 2000's, 2010's
Final Fours in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, 2020's
That Non-Blue Blood you're dissing could easily be TIED with UNC for titles. In about a week.

No worries, they won’t. And, no, they wouldn’t be. You’re totally missing the definition of blue blood.
Am I? What good is that seemingly archaic term when were gettin our ass handed to us?

Don't misunderstand. Proud to be one. But it does seem to be a crux we cling to like an old man in a rocking chair on the porch while his grandson is out actually doing things.

I'd like to be a SUCCESSFUL program with a blue blood history rather than a program on life support going, "Eeeeh, them were the good ol' days Ethel"

So what your are saying, in 1973 with our 4 titles ... we were not a blue blood?

Different times, the game was only modernized for 30ish years to that point and we won more than anyone in that frame. Yes we were a blue blood.

A team that won its first title 50-60 years after the originals were winning it is not a blue blood. I love the St. Louis Blues, but if we win 3 more Stanley cups over the next 15 years that doesn’t make us an original 8 great.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Making a fool of himself, as always. I'm guessing he's a teenager as he came out of the gates bragging about his/her Tik Tok sources a couple of months ago. 😆
I think just a blow hard 🤡. That needs to put the phone down. 100 posts a day easily. Might need to take a walk. Get some sunshine. Something. I like talking on here. But it doesn't consume me.

They still have two more games to win first. Maybe it’s just a formality but is a tournament requirement. it’s the margin of victory in their games that is so eye opening. It’s not supposed to be this easy.

And they’ve had two Championship teams defy the norm for at least recent National Champs. Saw an article about a 15 year study on NCAA Champs and the commonalties between teams. Offense/defense ranking was a big one, having experienced coaches, a bunch of other metrics, etc, 13 shared most of the same metrics. The two total outliers were two UConn teams in 2011 and 2014. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

IDK they’ve made a deal with Satan or something, 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe a Pagan ritual conducted on foreign soil? However they are doing it they are a serious threat, and to everyone!

Reactions: Pmalone6719
If UConn wins again just imagine you’re a Duke fan knowing they could have threw everything into that pot instead of into scheyer

They still have two more games to win first. Maybe it’s just a formality but is a tournament requirement. it’s the margin of victory in their games that is so eye opening. It’s not supposed to be this easy.

And they’ve had two Championship teams defy the norm for at least recent National Champs. Saw an article about a 15 year study on NCAA Champs and the commonalties between teams. Offense/defense ranking was a big one, having experienced coaches, a bunch of other metrics, etc, 13 shared most of the same metrics. The two total outliers were two UConn teams in 2011 and 2014. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

IDK they’ve made a deal with Satan or something, 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe a Pagan ritual conducted on foreign soil? However they are doing it they are a serious threat, and to everyone!
Yale skull and bones club.

Reactions: Neue Regel
They’ve accomplished more since 1999 than most programs have in 60-70+ years.

After they win their 6th title next week, they’ll be 2 away from catching us.

And at this rate, they will definitely catch us.

As much as it pains me to say, they are the actual gold standard. And at some point, you can’t use titles from the World War 2 era to argue against that.

We have 1 damn title in the same span they’ve won 6. We need to step it up. There’s no reason we can’t. But Cal has us by the sack right now.
All titles are equal. 1948 there were 8 teams, but it much harder to get into the tournament.

If we played Uconn UK this tournament we would get massacre. No one on our team could guard Clingon

Lol, you must be like 15. Blueblood means old money. Good back then good now. Uconn is good now, but wasn't back then.
And you must be only 30 at most. I can recall a time in the 1990s when Duke had not won a title but in 2024 it is considered to be a blueblood. So how far must we go back for a program to be given that designation?

• Haha
And you must be only 30 at most. I can recall a time in the 1990s when Duke had not won a title but in 2024 it is considered to be a blueblood. So how far must we go back for a program to be given that designation?
Duke had 2 final fours and a national title game apperance and was top 10 in wins. How dumb are you?

A blueblood means good back then, good now. Not just good the past 25 years. Why the hell are yankee uconn fans viewing the UK board? Go celebrate your final four.
I am not a UConn fan first of all. And your explanation about the time window for becoming a blueblood in sports does not hold water. Last year after UConn won there was all this discussion about whether the program was officially a blueblood through out the media and on message boards. I guess all those folks did not get the memo of the cutoff point. Keep wallowing in your ignorance.

• Haha
A blueblood with 0 titles before the 90s? Ok, sure. But yeah, they're the best program since 2000 for sure.
I'm probably in the minority in this opinion, at least among UK fans, but I really don't care that much about accomplishments before the shot clock and three point line. Totally different game. And UConn and Duke are undeniably the two most successful teams since then. Although UConn's inconsistency is an odd wrinkle in their legacy. If Pitino stayed in 97 I'd like to think we'd be right there with them if not ahead.

I am not a UConn fan first of all. And your explanation about the time window for becoming a blueblood in sports does not hold water. Last year after UConn won there was all this discussion about whether the program was officially a blueblood through out the media and on message boards. I guess all those folks did not get the memo of the cutoff point. Keep wallowing in your ignorance.
LOL, so because the media and message boards don't know what a blue blood is. That means we, who do know what it means, are wrong? A blueblood is a sustained program, an OG. You had to be doing it since the tourney started in 1939. And keep it going present day. Decades of success over multiple decades and eras. That leaves, UNC, UK, Kansas, Duke. Next you have UCLA, Uconn, Indiana, and Louisville/Michigan state. Keep showing how dumb you are by falling for media talking points.

I'm probably in the minority in this opinion, at least among UK fans, but I really don't care that much about accomplishments before the shot clock and three point line. Totally different game. And UConn and Duke are undeniably the two most successful teams since then. Although UConn's inconsistency is an odd wrinkle in their legacy. If Pitino stayed in 97 I'd like to think we'd be right there with them if not ahead.
And in 30 years when the shotclock is 25 seconds and a 4 point line arrives.....those titles suddenly won't mean much anymore. Facts are, the program won the titles within the rules set at that time. Such a dumb argument. Wonder how long before fans start saying 4 team CFP titles don't mean much anymore because ''it was just 4 teams., not 12''.

. . . . If Pitino stayed in 97 I'd like to think we'd be right there with [UConn] if not ahead.
No doubt about it, CatFan ! If Pitino had stayed we would have passed UCLA for most NCAA National Championships of all time years ago ! Alas.

Duke had 2 final fours and a national title game apperance and was top 10 in wins. How dumb are you?
Not as dumb as someone from Kentucky apparently. Going to Final Fours and coming up short does not count in the establishment of a blueblood resume. Such resume can only commence after a program WINS multiple titles. If this has to be explained to you then you are an even bigger moron than you were initially letting on and I no longer need to waste time engaging with someone of such a low IQ. Enjoy your program's irrelevance.

• Haha
Not as dumb as someone from Kentucky apparently. Going to Final Fours and coming up short does not count in the establishment of a blueblood resume. Such resume can only commence after a program WINS multiple titles. If this has to be explained to you then you are an even bigger moron than you were initially letting on and I no longer need to waste time engaging with someone of such a low IQ. Enjoy your program's irrelevance.
You're literally from New England. Nothing you say matters. Yankee go home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT