ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker says next few days are going to be ''very, very eventful"

oh, so no comment when the Sharpe troop made your hero look like the circus clown he is, all the while denying that Sharpe's gang had all of this planned & was going to play the following year
EVERYONE knew this wasn't true. So your used car salesman can't speak the truth along with not being able to coach.
you cant argue with them. i bet a cal guy 20$ before the season that sharpe would never play. at he end of the season he was SHOCKED sharpe didnt play. im like does people not see whats going on?

I think it says that many guys transfer when they see they aren't as good as they thought/hoped, and realize they won't be "the guy", so they leaving hoping to be "the guy" at a step down school.

Now maybe Cal puts that mentality in them when he is recruiting them (that they are a failure if they aren't OAD), IDK.
could be, I'd say thats a part of it, but I think the bigger part of it is, its been made clear to them they won't be the guy here - next man up in the recruiting class

Imagine your freshmen year here under Cal, you have high hopes, but because of other players getting time, you end up averaging 7 points a game and you can't crack the starting line up.

In 1982, you would have been Kenny Walker, In 2001 with 5.8 PPG you would have been Chuck Hayes, Marvin Stone or Jules Camara. I could give many more examples

Yea its a different time now, but Cal has a real problem convincing anyone they'll be the guy in another 2 years, and he doesn't have enough past players as examples in order to convince them he's capable of it.

Being a stud at UK in your 3rd year is ultimately better than being a journeyman who started at Kentucky and ended up at some Big Ten Football school or out of site out of mind Pac 12

Cal just believed he'd always have a pipeline of John Walls and Kidd Gillchrist coming in each year so he didn't care, and now that reputation is killing him

btw, it doesn't get said often enough, but I hope Jon Scott never gets tired of keeping up with UK basketball stats. He's the MVP of UK fandom, and I'd argue his website has done as much to drive fandom as any other entity related to UK basketball. I saw him once many years ago at a UK game with his daughter. He looked like he was having a family moment (she was in a UK cheerleader outfit) so I didn't want to interrupt, but I ever see you out John, I'd be happy to buy you a beer (or coke, whatever)

Last edited:
You’re a troll or a Calipari or both. No one that’s a REAL fan of UK would spew the excuses for Cow that you do.
Obvious. He won’t give you any real support on how Cal is doing a nice job, but will just keep telling you how stupid you are for not supporting him yourself. Like trying to have a discussion with a bowl of cereal. Don’t try.

I don’t see that at all. I see #3, #5, #6, #19, and #72 in the final 247 composite rankings.
Yea if u look in one spot u will see what u want. For the past 18 months 4 of them have been inside the top 10 more months than not. Reed is one of the top players in the class and to say he's 72 is a joke

Reactions: kl40504
interesting stat (no idea if its true but lets say it is)

what does that say about our program? a long list of guys who bolt (pre transfer portal even) the University of Kentucky because of...?
Because they weren't getting enough playing time. Someone else was better and playing over them. That's why most players left any school

could be, I'd say thats a part of it, but I think the bigger part of it is, its been made clear to them they won't be the guy here - next man up in the recruiting class

Imagine your freshmen year here under Cal, you have high hopes, but because of other players getting time, you end up averaging 7 points a game and you can't crack the starting line up.

In 1982, you would have been Kenny Walker, In 2001 with 5.8 PPG you would have been Chuck Hayes, Marvin Stone or Jules Camara. I could give many more examples

Yea its a different time now, but Cal has a real problem convincing anyone they'll be the guy in another 2 years, and he doesn't have enough past players as examples in order to convince them he's capable of it.

Being a stud at UK in your 3rd year is ultimately better than being a journeyman who started at Kentucky and ended up at some Big Ten Football school or out of site out of mind Pac 12

Cal just believed he'd always have a pipeline of John Walls and Kidd Gillchrist coming in each year so he didn't care, and now that reputation is killing him
Yes sir ... the bloom is off that rose. Nice post.

Reactions: Ubertube
But isn’t it a sad state of the program IF Cal reached out to say 50% of the ones with enough talent to play here (historically) and he didn’t get a single one?
Sure, I would agree. But what's the point of that hypothetical? Seems like just making up stuff to try to criticize Cal. Now had he reached out to half the players in the portal and the all said no, then yes criticize him like crazy.

interesting stat (no idea if its true but lets say it is)

what does that say about our program? a long list of guys who bolt (pre transfer portal even) the University of Kentucky because of...?
I'm curious if you went and fact-checked it. Not a single player that has transferred from UK during the Cal era has been drafted. Now yes, some of them have played in the NBA or are currently playing, but none have been drafted. I would guess Hopkins to be the first

I would say, pre-portal, it says their either upset about their role on the team, their playing time, or that new recruits coming in are an intimidating presence to them. Now, as for guys like Khalil Whitney andCam'ron Fletcher, I'm not sure - those dudes seemed very, very upset and bolted.

but the ones that left did improve in college under a new coach & a system
did I say that I predicted Herro & Shai as 1st round picks? no i dd not, so who is the liar
you are a complete idiot. put words in somebody else's post, not mine
all you ccc overs are the same.....anything to defend you hero despite the realization that the program is floundering
I love how the ONLY "argument" you ever make is to call someone a, and let me double check to make sure I got it right.... a "ccc overs". What a terrific, highly intellectual argument.

They thrived so much in college under a new coach and system that they couldn't get drafted. Ok, roger that
They went to a WEAKER conference and had better numbers than at UK. Ok, roger that
You hate Cal and so will say whatever you can to make everything look like his fault. Ok, roger that.
How'd Jemarl Baker's career go after UK? Khalil Whitney? Darnell Dodson? Stacey Poole? Sacha Killeya-Jones? Quade Green?
We'll see if you're actually interested in any kind of legit discussion here. Address those transfers. Start with those transfers before you go cherry-picking Hopkins (who UK shut down) or Matthews

And? He’s better than anyone we’ve went after in the portal.
More talented, yes. Better for the college game? I doubt it, when we already have a bunch of freshman. It’s proven that you can’t win with a bunch of freshmen today

trainwreck GIF

I love how the ONLY "argument" you ever make is to call someone a, and let me double check to make sure I got it right.... a "ccc overs". What a terrific, highly intellectual argument.

They thrived so much in college under a new coach and system that they couldn't get drafted. Ok, roger that
They went to a WEAKER conference and had better numbers than at UK. Ok, roger that
You hate Cal and so will say whatever you can to make everything look like his fault. Ok, roger that.
How'd Jemarl Baker's career go after UK? Khalil Whitney? Darnell Dodson? Stacey Poole? Sacha Killeya-Jones? Quade Green?
We'll see if you're actually interested in any kind of legit discussion here. Address those transfers. Start with those transfers before you go cherry-picking Hopkins (who UK shut down) or Matthews
are you ccc's pool boy or his lawn care expert, or maybe you take his dogs for a walk
has to be one of those the way you defend this clown
or maybe you are a politician, since they can't tell the truth either just like your hero

Reactions: CashM03
are you ccc's pool boy or his lawn care expert, or maybe you take his dogs for a walk
or maybe you are a politician, since they can't tell the truth either just like your hero
Looks like facts tend to piss you off. Catsfan put you in your place. Hard to argue real facts unless you are a Cal Hater with blinders on.

Reactions: CatsFanIL
Lol, there you are with your eloquent rebuttal. Face it man, you know nothing about basketball. NOTHING. When presented with actual information, you just accuse someone of being Cal's pool boy. And again, if you weren't such a moron, you'd notice the NUMEROUS posts in which I criticize Cal. But alas, a fool will continue to play the part of a fool...

Reactions: Doodah859
Looks like facts tend to piss you off. Catsfan put you in your place. Hard to argue real facts unless you are a Cal Hater with blinders on.
It's either just downright blatant ignorant bias full of hatred, or a total lack of intelligence.

Edit: Could also be a combination of both

Fact: Calipari hasn't made it to the final four in 8 years
Fact: Cal has gone four years in a row without making even the elite eight
Fact: Cal's winning percentage since that last elite eight is 66%, a whopping 15% below his winning percentage the prior 10 seasons
Fact: Cal does not have enough players to even hold a scrimmage at the moment, and we are in May
Fact: Cal's record vs ranked teams since the 2019-2020 season is 6 - 15
Fact: Cal blew your back out late on a Saturday night and you've gobbled his junk since.

Not sure why its so hard for some of you to call it like it is. Everyone wants Kentucky to win, but some of us choose to live in reality when it comes to where our program currently sits.

Fact: Calipari hasn't made it to the final four in 8 years
Fact: Cal has gone four years in a row without making even the elite eight
Fact: Cal's winning percentage since that last elite eight is 66%, a whopping 15% below his winning percentage the prior 10 seasons
Fact: Cal does not have enough players to even hold a scrimmage at the moment, and we are in May
Fact: Cal's record vs ranked teams since the 2019-2020 season is 6 - 15
Fact: Cal blew your back out late on a Saturday night and you've gobbled his junk since.

Not sure why its so hard for some of you to call it like it is. Everyone wants Kentucky to win, but some of us choose to live in reality when it comes to where our program currently sits.
You are correct. I am not happy with everything at UK but I love Kentucky and will always support the current coach. Therefore I will not spend my time bashing the current coach in public.

Sure, I would agree. But what's the point of that hypothetical? Seems like just making up stuff to try to criticize Cal. Now had he reached out to half the players in the portal and the all said no, then yes criticize him like crazy.
I’m not making things up, it was a hypothetical question. However I can’t imagine Cal hasn’t contacted some players whether we heard about it or not. I would even think if he contacted say 10 of the top tier and didn’t get a single one that’s a sad day for the “gold standard university”, isn’t it?

You are correct. I am not happy with everything at UK but I love Kentucky and will always support the current coach. Therefore I will not spend my time bashing the current coach in public.
What’s the old saying , if you don’t address it then you bless it? I’m not faulting you for remaining loyal to UK or the players, I do the same, but to show support to a narcissistic coach is only encouraging him to continue the same actions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT