ADVERTISEMENT

True Detective: Season 2

Saw something on the main board where someone suggested rural Appalachia would be a great setting for season three. I think that would be fantastic. Get back to the creepiness/weirdness of the bayou.

Saw something on the main board where someone suggested rural Appalachia would be a great setting for season three. I think that would be fantastic. Get back to the creepiness/weirdness of the bayou.

Idk. Justified did pretty well and I don't want some New Yorker doing an embarrassing accent.

But ran, do it. Get it out of California.

I just don't care about a corrupt city and corrupt cops. I want to see some psychotic killer like in season 1. There really wasn't anything crazy here.

Reactions: beltieboy
Meh.

Season 1 had some great report between the two main characters. The report between the three detectives in season 2 was virtually non existent and actually hard to watch at times because it seemed so "forced".

Rapport. Sorry buddy just didn't want you going through life thinking that's how you spelled rapport.

Justified was hit or miss with the accents. Michael Rapaport was awful.

Yeah, that was exactly who I was referring to. I hate impressions and his sounded like an impression; not the slightest bit authentic or believable.

To me this looked like Season 1 was such a success that everyone wanted to rush Season 2 to production to strike while the iron was hot. The 2nd season watched like the writer had an outline with no real substance. They went into production and winged it. Looks like they had a different director for almost every episode which you could see with the dropped story elements.

I bet they were writing most of the dialog right up to the moment of filming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT