ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

I'm not sure that he's waiting on it (may just be getting more comfortable with the NBA decision), but Pilgrim just pretty much implied that if Lanier picks UT, Robinson is more than likely withdrawing from the draft and coming to UK.
A player in the NBA draft waiting to see if the competition will be too much in college and force him to stay in the draft to play with the best players in the world sounds like some stupid shit to me.

Krissa, Butler, Brea, Olweh, Chandler and Perry are six guards that can play the one or two as a whole. Can go with Olweh, Brea, Chandler and Noah at the 3. Carr and Almonor at the 4. And Williams and Garrison at the 5. Could go small ball with Carr, Olweh, Brea, Krissa and Chandler for offense.

Robinson needs to expand his game rebounding and passing. He would help us with scoring and knowing the system. Could play the two or three. Pretty crowded roster that is a good mixture of veterans and young players. If we don't get Robinson you can see we are basically 2 deep in experience and quality. To me the roster would be fine just adding a couple of young guys with a high ceiling.
A lineup of Carr, Oweh, Brea, Kriisa, and Chandler would be a terrible lineup.

Kriisa, Butler, Brea, Almonor, and Carr would be my small ball lineup. 4 shooters (Kriisa / Brea / Almonor / Carr), 2 strong defenders (Butler / Almomor).

Not near enough defense / rebounding in your lineup you suggested. Not to mention, Chandler is a freshman and unproven.

My regular starting lineup as the roster stands NOW.

PG - Kriisa - Passing / scoring (must cut down on the TO's)
2G- Butler (lock down defender / dirty work / toughness / make winning plays)
SF - Oweh (defense / driving / spot up 3's)
PF - Carr - Stretch 4 scorer / 3 ball shooter / lane opener / off ball blocks / rebounding
C - Williams / Garrison (wo ever pans out the better all around player between the two) - Rim protector / rebounding / intimidator / around the rim out to 12-15 feet scorer.

What if Osobor goes on to be an All-American next year and really improves Washington's team, would it still not be a miss?
No. He wasn't getting 2 million EVER. No school other than Washington was going to pay him that either. Of course he will put up crazy numbers, Washington sucks. That and the money is exactly why he chose them. They offered Wayyyy more than anyone else, and he knew he would get ALL of the shots / clock he wants. Did I want him ? Of course. But at the expense of him stat chasing, collecting that big ass check and be a detriment to the TEAM ? no. ONE guy making 2 million while the rest of the guys get nowhere near that, will cause some friction among the team, if you do not believe that, I don't know what to tell you. I will bet you any amount you want to lose, UK has a hell of a lot better season than Washington.

Last edited:
Reactions: dl51344
If you claim that we don't know the story behind these, then why are you claiming that you know and none of them were whiffs? That's kinda contradictory.
Well because some of those we never even got on campus. One took a crazy , most lucurative payday ever. Can't lose what you never had. You go ask 10 super models you want to ask out, if none of them give you the time of day, did you really miss on them ? NO, you never had a chance with them.

Some of you view the word "fail" as if it were a death sentence. We all fail far more than we succeed.

There's a great movie from around 30 years ago: Cold Comfort Farm. Near the end a movie producer debates taking the mother of his new discovery along with them to Hollywood. "She's gloomy or I'd take her with us."

MV5BMTM0MDU4NDY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDgwMzY3._V1_.jpg

Some of you all are just gloomy. I just wish you could be funny about it, too.
I didn't know Robert Plant was in that movie.

I wonder if this simply comes down to money. Highest bidder wins and that's that.

A coach can "miss," they just can't miss on all of them.
It's his FIRST SEASON at UK, his pool of talent at BYU was very different than what he gets to pick from now. Imagine trying to recruit against the likes of DUKE, UNC, TENN (barf), UCONN, and many more. And to top that off, what handicapped him this season is that he had ZERO roster to start off with. That meant having to talk to kids who might be afraid of signing up with a team that might not even play games (imagine the kid's thoughts) just so that you can start to have some sort of identity that the better players will look at and judge you from. This is a complete rebuild of a program, on numerous fronts.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Sisk update

I spoke with another individual just a minute ago (thank goodness) who is connected. He says he was told there was not a mutual agreement to go in different directions, and that Kentucky is still in the picture although he did confirm they believe they are not in the lead. I was told Chaz is keeping things pretty close to the vest, and the schools (Kentucky, Tennessee, and BYU) are in the dark about who is in the lead.

Sisk update

I spoke with another individual just a minute ago (thank goodness) who is connected. He says he was told there was not a mutual agreement to go in different directions, and that Kentucky is still in the picture although he did confirm they believe they are not in the lead. I was told Chaz is keeping things pretty close to the vest, and the schools (Kentucky, Tennessee, and BYU) are in the dark about who is in the lead.
Aaaannndddd it’ll still be UT

Reactions: ellowelzees
It’s high school drama. Does she like, does she not like me. I still think it’s Tennessee though
At the moment, I’d probably agree. If an announcement comes today/tomorrow, I’d bet on Tenn. If this stretches out a little longer, the winds may shift back to UK.

If you claim that we don't know the story behind these, then why are you claiming that you know and none of them were whiffs? That's kinda contradictory.
None of us really know shiit about what these guys are going to do truthfully. Lol. We’re lucky to have a great staff who’s got a plan to build us a great team. Now of course they probably did Miss on a couple guys they’d loved to have, but that also goes for everyone in the country. I’m sure we’ve got a few guys a lot of other schools would’ve loved to have as well. I agree for sure it goes both ways and actually laughed a little when I read that. Ha. I still feel like we have a shot and he’s torn between us and Tennessee. We’ll see soon I’m sure. Robinson would also be a great fit if we were to get him but no matter I love this team so far. Thanks bud.

What if no one knows because Lanier doesn't know? Ralph Sampson said he didn't know between UK and Virginia until the ride over to the press conference to announce his decision. If anyone was claiming they knew, they were wrong. Of course back then we didn't have the "insiders" we have now. And obviously Lanier is no Sampson. Not making that comp.

Last edited:
Says the people wanting college basketball to be about "buying rosters". Pope's trying to change the crappy NBA-first, Money-second culture. I can't wait for this thing to implode, and college sports return to what it was for decades.
NCAA and the major conferences just agreed to pay the players 2.8 billion dollars yesterday. Revenue sharing is happening now. It will NEVER EVER go back to what it was.

And the sky is falling
Every coach will get out recruited at times. Coach Cal, maybe the best all time recruiter in college basketball got out recruited some. If Lanier chooses TN, they will not win 2 more games this year than what they would have won without him, same goes for us.. If he chooses TN, I think the biggest reason will be he will have an all-american point guard feeding him the ball. Who will be our starting point guard this year. Any off guard is greatly enhanced with a great point guard. Pope got out recruited because he does not have a proven roster that would support Lanier's goals to get to the NBA. How many NBA players does Pope have? Those are the things I'm sure BYU & UT were filling Lanier's ears full of. I thinking in time, not year one, Pope will assemble a competitive team to challenge for SEC title, but NOT this year. We all agreed that it will take two maybe three years when Pope was announced as our new coach.
Now like always, we expect results that are not possible. Let's cool it and be realistic and give Coach Pope the time he deserves. Hey, we got Cal out of Lexington and knew it would set our program back for a couple of years. It has, and it will. Pope needs a minimum 3 years to get ligament chance to win the SEC.

This one has been wild to follow lol. UK leads — UK is out of it — UK still in it.

I would love to lock this one up.
It’s only been wild for a few posters on this board that keep refreshing every few minutes. To everybody else, this has been a normal recruiting process of a kid that would like to make all his visits before making a decision.

NCAA and the major conferences just agreed to pay the players 2.8 billion dollars yesterday. Revenue sharing is happening now. It will NEVER EVER go back to what it was.
Obviously there is nothing I can do to change that, but I guess they're aiming for a much younger audience who doesn't see anything wrong with what's going on.

What if no one knows because Lanier doesn't know? Ralph Sampson said he didn't know between UK and Virginia until the ride over to the press conference to announce his decision. If anyone was claiming they knew, they were wrong. Of course back then we didn't have the "insiders" we have now. And obviously Lanier is no Sampson. Not making that comp.
I remember Sampson announcing on the radio. He seemed unsure when he started talking. Seems like eons ago. We were so close.

Go Cats!

How are we still getting strung along by this kid? We got got, he's clearly a UT lock. If he wants to continue using BYU to squeeze the UT boosters for a little extra cash then more power to him, but we need to move on.

Reactions: Cayts69
Let's not forget Terrence Jones. He wasn't sure even after he made his decision.

Does anybody remember the marques bolden recruitment? This recruitment feels exactly like that one did
At least we are not ignoring the Jarrett Allen this time. Now THAT was putting all your eggs in one basket.

I would like the remainder of this offseason to not turn into the recruitment of Shabazz Mohammed and Anthony Bennett.

Reactions: qwesley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT