ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

If true, and that is a big if UT gets Lanier. IK may have set a $$ figure and just said we won’t go any higher and if we lose him, we lose him. We shall see. Not a whiff in my book. They just set a cap and said no more. But again we shall see.
I agree. Another poster mentioned some info about a recruiting expert saying this was not a whiff by the UK staff. I hope we'll find out more, then move on to players that want UK.

My humble opinion is that we wouldn’t win the SEC next year no matter what recruits we get due to complete roster turnover and new coaches adjusting to a new conference and all new players.

I do think it should be plain to see next year if Pope has the makings to lead Kentucky or not, but he will take some time to grow into the job even if he is the right guy.

Right now I choose to be positive.

He's probably the backup to Lanier at this point. The kid is smart for holding out. I would too. Your market value only increases the longer you wait, because teams desperate for scoring will pay more.
Proven scorer in the ACC…would be happy to land him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Brea averaged 10.5 points so 11. And I’m not delusional. Here’s a shocker I’m not major overly huge judgements about players and a team before they ever play a game here. You are just an overly pessimistic poster who no matter what happens will always find something to nitpick about. You literally want a team cal had, and you complained about cal the whole time so it sounds like nothing will make you happy
Once again you have no clue what you’re talking about. I don’t want a Kal team. I also don’t want a Tubby/Billy team. We are much closer to that than we are a Kal team. Had we just landed even one single top portal guy my outlook would be much different. Johnell Davis or Kadary Richmond on this roster takes it from fringe top 25 to a legit top 10 team. I can’t help that Pope missed out on all the top guys. Therefore im not gonna sugarcoat it and act like everything is fine like you and many others are.

Reactions: anonymous_2011
I guarantee Chaz just used Kentucky for more NIL money. Sisk said if what he was told is true then it wasn’t a whiff by the staff. Makes me think they were used but they did everything they could to land him
No question the staff wants/wanted Lanier, as do/did most of BBN. He has basically been a ut-knoxville lock since before he entered the portal though. To have a glimmer of hope shows the power of the brand.

The Kentucky name is now a commodity for recruits and transfers. Every one of them are begging for some level of interest for UK (and Aky, U6, Kansas, UNC) so they can use it to drive prices and interest up. I am not saying we will not get plenty of elite players moving forward, but many of the handlers/agents for these kids know the business and how to get clicks/cash. Interest from one of the top programs with deep NIL pockets is like getting a half star added to their rankings.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Some watched a dude shoot 50 percent from 3 with over a 100 makes and they think he isn’t a good add. Jesus christ, nothing will make you happy if that’s the case
The only thing that will make these people happy is to have Cals culture back without Cal in it,something not possible. It is hilarious watching people who complained about Cal endlessly for years now demanding our new coach perpetuate that culture and absolutely refuse to give him TIME to create his own.

Once again you have no clue what you’re talking about. I don’t want a Kal team. I also don’t want a Tubby/Billy team. We are much closer to that than we are a Kal team. Had we just landed even one single top portal guy my outlook would be much different. Johnell Davis or Kadary Richmond on this roster takes it from fringe top 25 to a legit top 10 team. I can’t help that Pope missed out on all the top guys. Therefore im not gonna sugarcoat it and act like everything is fine like you and many others are.
The issue is you don’t know what type of team it is. Pope didn’t miss on all the top guys, that’s a stupid narrative. Davis or Richmond comes here and you would still find something to complain about. Oh Richmond can’t shoot, or Davis isn’t a natural PG. You don’t know how the roster fits at all, your are being pessimistic to be pessimistic.

Some watched a dude shoot 50 percent from 3 with over a 100 makes and they think he isn’t a good add. Jesus christ, nothing will make you happy if that’s the case
Not one person has said anything like that. But keep making shit up if it makes you feel better.

What I did say is that people need to pump the brakes on him. He’s a career 7ppg scorer who averaged 11ppg last year. Only 21 starts his entire career. He’s a very good role player. A very good 6th man type. The problem is people think he’s gonna come in light people up and average 15-20ppg solely because of his shooting percentage last year.

Not one person has said anything like that. But keep making shit up if it makes you feel better.

What I did say is that people need to pump the brakes on him. He’s a career 7ppg scorer who averaged 11ppg last year. Only 21 starts his entire career. He’s a very good role player. A very good 6th man type. The problem is people think he’s gonna come in light people up and average 15-20ppg solely because of his shooting percentage last year.
What was Chaz scoring avg before last year ?? What was Jaxson scoring avg before last year ??

Reactions: UKClassof87
You’re delusional. Our roster if full of guys who were the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th best players on their old teams. Most of which didn’t come from good teams. It would take 5-8 guys all taking a big step up for the team to do what’s expected at UK.

Our current leading scorer is a guy who averaged 13ppg. People keep anointing Brea as the major scorer at guard when his career average is 7ppg. Yall gotta get real and be honest about the situation. The team is missing ATLEAST 1 big time scorer.
I agree. I am thrilled with the team Pope has been able to put together in such a short time. It’s incredible considering he was building from scratch.

But I don’t understand people who think this is a legit Final Four team as it is.

What was Chaz scoring avg before last year ?? What was Jaxson scoring avg before last year ??
They weren’t good but I’m not willing to gamble that someone is going to have some breakout year instead of getting a proven commodity and you shouldn’t either.

If this team already had a Johnell Davis or Lanier it could afford to hope for someone having a breakout year. As it stands there’s not a single go to type of guy on offense. That’s concerning.

Reactions: RunninRichie

Brother you are quite literally saying this team isn’t going to be good because they don’t have a guy who is a perceived stud. You have complained about literally every add or and are saying a 50 percent shooter and one of best weapons in college ball isn’t a top rotation player. What I will say is
stop making overall assumptions before you see the final product and see the product in action together. You want the cal teams and the cal culture when you were In the group that complained about it while cal was here. Now you as you say not sugarcoating it because pope isn’t getting studs. He’s been here a month and a half. See his system and culture first before you make overall judgements.

Reactions: KFuqua
I agree. I am thrilled with the team Pope has been able to put together in such a short time. It’s incredible considering he was building from scratch.

But I don’t understand people who think this is a legit Final Four team as it is.
Don’t think it’s a final four team, but also don’t think it’s a bottom tier SEC team or a bad team by any stretch

Reactions: KFuqua and Fox2monk
They weren’t good but I’m not willing to gamble that someone is going to have some breakout year instead of getting a proven commodity and you shouldn’t either.
lol but to not think a player can’t improve year to year is dumb. Better system better coaching will improve a players stats. You are just looking to be negative.

• Love
Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
Robinson is a bigger fish than Lanier and it's nit even a debate. I want Robinson!
I'm not sure which fish is bigger but I think Lanier offers more upside while Robinson really raises the floor, I think he is the more finished product.

Personally, I think the roster has plenty of floor so that is why I want Lanier just a bit more.
If he hits he is a star while understanding the bust to middling potential is also there.

Robinson is a fine player but he seems to be exactly as advertised, no more but next to no risk of any less either.

I think we are set up to swing for the fences at this point, I don't see bad on offer from this group.

A star could propel us to any heights while another really good player that is a notch up maybe translates to another round is what I'm feeling.

Maybe another round is all we need but call me a Riverboat Gambler.

Apparently sisk said it was a mutual split. Thats wierd of true. I’m on board with everything pope has done, but if he is doing this because of money then idk. At some point he is going to have to pay somebody, it’s just the way college basketball is now

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Apparently sisk said it was a mutual split. Thats wierd of true. I’m on board with everything pope has done, but if he is doing this because of money then idk. At some point he is going to have to pay somebody, it’s just the way college basketball is now
maybe Chaz wants a bunch of minutes. But yeah pope needs to spend a lil cash if that’s the case.

maybe Chaz wants a bunch of minutes. But yeah pope needs to spend a lil cash if that’s the case.
He was gonna start and play 25-30 plus mins a night, idk what else he wants besides money. I’m been on board with pope and still very much am, but if wants a Great player you have to money. He can’t back out everytime.

My humble opinion is that we wouldn’t win the SEC next year no matter what recruits we get due to complete roster turnover and new coaches adjusting to a new conference and all new players.

I do think it should be plain to see next year if Pope has the makings to lead Kentucky or not, but he will take some time to grow into the job even if he is the right guy.

Right now I choose to be positive.
Exactly. Whoever followed Cal was going to inherit an empty roster and have to piece together something... Some negative nancies are acting like Drew wouldn't have had to deal with this even though he only had to sign like 2 transfers at Baylor.... 2 is much easier than 8... LOL

Reactions: ukfan041
The bad thing about this is all this time spent on Lanier may have damaged our chances with a guy like Poplar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT