ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

All sisk said was some vague ass shit, he didn’t say Kentucky was out of it at all. Missing 2 pieces no that’s being pessimistic as hell. They need one guy, 2 is just a luxury they don’t need 2
You’re delusional. Our roster if full of guys who were the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th best players on their old teams. Most of which didn’t come from good teams. It would take 5-8 guys all taking a big step up for the team to do what’s expected at UK.

Our current leading scorer is a guy who averaged 13ppg. People keep anointing Brea as the major scorer at guard when his career average is 7ppg. Yall gotta get real and be honest about the situation. The team is missing ATLEAST 1 big time scorer.

You’re delusional. Our roster if full of guys who were the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th best players on their old teams. Most of which didn’t come from good teams. It would take 5-8 guys all taking a big step up for the team to do what’s expected at UK.

Our current leading scorer is a guy who averaged 13ppg. People keep anointing Brea as the major scorer at guard when his career average is 7ppg. Yall gotta get real and be honest about the situation. The team is missing ATLEAST 1 big time scorer.
Brea averaged 10.5 points so 11. And I’m not delusional. Here’s a shocker I’m not major overly huge judgements about players and a team before they ever play a game here. You are just an overly pessimistic poster who no matter what happens will always find something to nitpick about. You literally want a team cal had, and you complained about cal the whole time so it sounds like nothing will make you happy

Ok bro, ok. Go ahead if it makes you feel better to believe we stole Butler in a serious battle with Duke. Heck, with the recent trend on probably missing out on another one with Chaz, I might start coming up with some too. This sucks if true.
Duke did want butler, it’s been proven they did

Reactions: BassProCat
Sisk also mentioned if what he was told is true, it wasn't a whiff by the staff. He's working on verifying the info he was told before he goes further into detail. Maybe this means we will land someone else.
Outside of Lanier having a sick relative or something in Tennessee that he wants to be close to I fail to see how this could be anything but a whiff?

Reactions: track42
Ok bro, ok. Go ahead if it makes you feel better to believe we stole Butler in a serious battle with Duke. Heck, with the recent trend on probably missing out on another one with Chaz, I might start coming up with some too. This sucks if true.
That’s a fact so yeah I’ll believe a fact.

That comment by Sisk was really strange. How wouldn't it be a whiff by the coaches?
Complete guess but the stuff about Lanier using byu and Kentucky to get more NIl could have some truth to it. There’s also the possibility sisk is wrong and Kentucky gets Lanier, we will find out tomorrow or Thursday

Reactions: Fox2monk
That ignore feature has been so beneficial lately when reading posts! Shoutout to Rivals

I guarantee Chaz just used Kentucky for more NIL money. Sisk said if what he was told is true then it wasn’t a whiff by the staff. Makes me think they were used but they did everything they could to land him

So basically. No concerns will be tolerated. Because Pope played here 30 years ago, when I was in college, and had hair on my head. And that makes me feel fuzzy. When did this board turn into groupthink central?
I would suggest that over the top stridency, absolutism and a general tenor of taking allowing the man a half ass rational opportunity to get his legs under him off the table so hard that the mere suggestion is at least an insult has resulted in something similar to an immune system kicking in.

The hard core reactionary bent has temporarily damaged the ability to even offer constructive criticism and reasonable doubts and it is very unfortunate because that makes for wild pendulum swings that short circuit reasonable assessments.

Absolute religious like faith and Legion of Doom need not be the only available lenses to view the world through and in fact doing so just makes us collectively seem foolish and irrational.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If true, and that is a big if UT gets Lanier. UK may have set a $$ figure and just said we won’t go any higher and if we lose him, we lose him. We shall see. Not a whiff in my book. They just set a cap and said no more. But again we shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT