ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly update on Lanier visit

I always crack up at so many fans hyperventilating over recruits. If he plays for Big Blue great, if not we'll find another good player that wants to. We are not going to get every player we want. I'm super impressed by the team the coaches have put together thus far.
Scared Penguin GIF

I thought "Trilly" said UK Staff does a great job of keeping things quiet and nothing comes from them. So now they want to talk? Interesting....just odd and interesting.
Could Trilly be making fake quotes based on vibes instead of actually knowing something. I know one Tennessee fans will be talking today and so will there media. They will declare laneir is locked up and start running their mouths, whether or not they actually know something.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Bet we whiff on Lanier and Robinson.
Maybe, maybe not. In CBS' latest top 75 prospect rankings, Robinson came in at #74. 11th at his position. He will NOT get drafted and UK is the heavy favorite if he comes back to school. So if I was you, I wouldn't bet more than I could afford to lose. But you do you. Remember this quote from Robinson, "I love coach Pope, he still cares about me and he isn't even my coach anymore, At least not right NOW."

Why anyone wants to end up at a NON basketball school is beyond me. You are SELLING yourself to the NBA and you need a stage. If it was football I get it- sorta.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
My gut was queasy on this, I just got a Big Boy and O-rings. I am not queasy any longer.

Lanier is 50/50 at best between UK and UT. No matter what others say (unless you are Lanier or Pope / Barnes) there is not telling. I am glass have full with Pope here so I say we are the leaning 50%. Now like I have said many a times, I am usually wrong.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
Could be some money posturing going on, just using UT or UK to get more. Hopefully using them lol.

This has felt like Tennessee since the beginning imo
I agree 100%. The kid's from Nashville. Those kids don't grow up hearing about Vanderbilt. :cool: They grow up hearing about and thinking about U.T. I have never thought we had a meaningful chance to land Lanier. It's a compliment to Coach Pope, in my opinion, and a compliment to the prestige of the U.K. program, that Lanier took the visit. But ... I repeat -- IMHO, Coach Pope really never had a chance.
Nevertheless ... Go 'Cats ! ! !

Could Trilly be making fake quotes based on vibes instead of actually knowing something. I know one Tennessee fans will be talking today and so will there media. They will declare laneir is locked up and start running their mouths, whether or not they actually know something.
"Trilly" knows people and they talk. Now to explain this more simply to those who think these guys are all "experts"-the more people you know in your job whatever you do, think of the gossip/talk that goes on and how much ends up partial truths or gossip that is incorrect. Now imagine if those people charged you to talk about that ****. Kind of ****ed up. Information flows and some of it is accurate and true and a lot of it is rumors and "Telephone game" applied to CBB recruiting like anything else in life.

So with the case of UK information, "Trilly" stated himself a few weeks ago "I have no sources on the UK staff-they don't talk, keep things quiet" and now it's "sources at UK say....." LOL

So why would these guys talk now? What does Kentucky gain from talking with him? They are college coaches. They have the best intel/access to "sources" involving recruits in the industry but they want to make sure "Trilly" is in the know of what they are doing so they can get some info that may/may not be true? Bull****.

Why is Trilly even listing BYU? To help them look better?
Counter to what many in media are reporting, BYU has a ****load of $ to offer players if they choose to pursue someone aggressively. They were the FB program if you remember that paid NIL $ to their walk ons in CFB in addition to the scholarship guys on the roster. They have a big time donors. The issue as to "why don't they get more people" are the Faith based demands they place upon the athletes when they choose to attend school there. So it's not like they are missing out due to $-if you based your decision on making the most $ and figure "I can do what they ask for 6 months" you can go there. They also have an NBA Assistant who is well respected/regarded as their HC and he's using that cache to draw attention to the program (as he should). If it's solely about $, many athletes would choose them over other schools assumed to have a ton of $.

If Lanier goes to Tennessee I would go all in on Wells regardless of what Robinson does. I think he's much better than alot of people give him credit for.
I saw where he is more likely to stay in the draft than Robinson.

I really like how he plays and think he would be perfect for Coach Pope’s system. Maybe even better than Robinson. Hope he pulls out and we have a shot with him.

Why is it stupid?Pope was at the combine because he knows he needs to land a big player who pulls out of the draft. I don't know why this offends people to say it.
He’s been here less than 2 months …what you expect him to do?? Get every single recruit he’s after. Like i said be reasonable and use logic. It’s not his 5th year at UK. Good lord.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
“UK sources said the visit went well - as they always do. One source said they're concerned about the draw to home and UT having the last pitch. They didn't get a great feel for a timeline from him - said he seemed torn on the decision.“
At least being honest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT