ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly Donovan AKA Norlander said this about Lanier

By
Yes, you post all the time about Tennessee and mention them a lot, and have constantly been on here saying Kentucky has no shot with laneir when everybody else is saying they do. Tennessee may very well still end up getting Lanier but Kentucky definitely has a shot at getting him
The subject matter was about Tennessee when I post about Tennessee. Go back and look when it was about Arkansas I posted about Arkansas. Really makes no difference to me but hey believe what you want to believe you have that right.

Butler - KK - Perry
Lanier - Brea - Chandler
Robinson - Oweh

That looks like one too many mouths to feed in a rotational scenario.

Butler/KK are locked in at the point guard.

If UK lands Lanier and Robinson, does it scare away Oweh? I could see Pope selling 3/4 guys from the Lanier/Robinson/Brea/Oweh quartet, but how does he sell all four guys on being real rotational pieces?

Lanier's going to play 26 to 30 minutes/game. Same for Robinson. That leaves 20 to 28 minutes for one bench piece at the 2/3. The math doesn't add up to have two high level players off the bench.

Maybe Pope takes both Robinson and Lanier and just lets the chips fall where they may. If a current guy gets scared and leaves, it is what it is.

I imagine the UK coaching staff like the crew from the film, Heat, discussing the pros/cons of each decision. Instead of, "The bank is worth the risk"; they infuse, "Lanier and Robinson are worth the risk."

929c0924-c0a0-4e1e-9dd2-98026260784d_text.gif

91SDLW.gif
Robinson would slot in as the primary backup to Carr at the 4, when he’s not playing the 3. He regularly played the 4 at BYU & could easily get 10-15 mpg there. And, we don’t currently have a backup 4 on the roster. So, a fit is possible, at least.

Robinson would slot in as the primary backup to Carr at the 4, when he’s not playing the 3. He regularly played the 4 at BYU & could easily get 10-15 mpg there. And, we don’t currently have a backup 4 on the roster. So, a fit is possible, at least.
IMO Robinson is better than Carr at quite of few aspects of the game. I wouldn’t say that he’ll definitely back up Carr just yet.

Reactions: JASUN74
By

The subject matter was about Tennessee when I post about Tennessee. Go back and look when it was about Arkansas I posted about Arkansas. Really makes no difference to me but hey believe what you want to believe you have that right.
If I was wrong my bad, it came off like you were a Tennessee fan

Reactions: Fox2monk
IMO Robinson is better than Carr at quite of few aspects of the game. I wouldn’t say that he’ll definitely back up Carr just yet.
I think he is saying they would both start and then Robinson would play 10-15 minutes during the course of the game at the 4 because we don't have any other 4's but have guards. Not that he would be the backup, just how the minutes get distributed at the 4 spot.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I think he is saying they would both start and then Robinson would play 10-15 minutes during the course of the game at the 4 because we don't have any other 4's but have guards. Not that he would be the backup, just how the minutes get distributed at the 4 spot.
Yeah, I could’ve worded it a little better, but, that’s exactly what I was saying. With Robinson being able to play the 4, it’ll make it easier to ensure that all those guys get enough minutes. He starts at the 3 & moves to the 4 when Carr needs a break or when matchups dictate it.

Between Kentucky and Tennessee. No leader. Not much of an update
So he has no inside news. I’m opening up my recruiting service if anyone wants to join. $9.99 a month, and that includes member only rumor mill. A little free tidbit is that I have heard Lanier is seriously interested in UK now, even though Tennessee has been a presumed leader ever since he entered the portal. It will be hard to pry him away from his hometown, but lately UK has made up a lot of ground with their NIL offer. At this time I’d say it’s 50/50 whether or not he picks UK.
No I am a St.Louis Cardinals fan. The number 51 was Willie McGee's number. I explained this years ago on here but that's ok I understand the confusion.
Understandable, our douchey little brother is a Cardinal, and they always get drunk off Crown Royal and troll here.

Last edited:
Sure, could be that. I'd have assumed that a business like that would violate his cbs contract though, so not sure you'd want too many people in on it. Who knows what goes on in those circles, though.

Pretty sure Trilly isn't Norlander. He's been having a conversation with us in the discord at the same time as Norlander's live podcast. He'd have to fake the YouTube live function or something similarly elaborate.
I think it’s a guy who runs the X account and Live stream or whatever, and they get information from people like Norlander that they want to share privately but not under their name to not lose sources and credibility if it turns out false.

I think it’s a guy who runs the X account and Live stream or whatever, and they get information from people like Norlander that they want to share privately but not under their name to not lose sources and credibility if it turns out false.
I tend to agree.

Reactions: Fox2monk
So he has no inside news. I’m opening up my recruiting service if anyone wants to join. $9.99 a month, and that includes member only rumor mill. A little free tidbit is that I have heard Lanier is seriously interested in UK now, even though Tennessee has been a presumed leader ever since he entered to portal. It will be hard to pry him away from his hometown but lately UK has made up a lot of ground with their NIL offer. At this time I’d say it’s 50/50 whether or not he picks UK.

Understandable, out douchey little brother is a Cardinal and they always get drunk off Crown Royal and troll here.
Throw in a bamboo steamer and I'll sign up.

Last edited:
https://www.aseaofblue.com/2024/5/8...ucky-vs-tennessee-uk-basketball-north-florida
Along with the 9 players already on board. You add in a 6'4" shooting guard like Chaz Lanier a .440% shooter from 3 point range. Then add in a 6'7" small forward that's a lights out 3 point shooter like Trent Noah. Then if coach Pope could some how land a 6'9" forward like Achor Achor that shoots .435% from 3 point range, I would start to believe that we could win the national championship next season. We would have great size 6'9", 6;10", 6'10", 6'11". Great shooters all over the court, great depth, with tons of experience. This team could absolutely win the national championship.
Yes to all. You add Lanier, seems like there’s a pretty good chance., add Anchor, have no clue but some of talk is he’s interested in us and a couple more. That would be something special for sure. If the Powers that be were to somehow make that happen and Robinson as well, we’d definitely be a top five team with a chance. I don’t know what else anyone would want. We probably get two more of Lanier and fill in the blank for the other two but we’ll still be a top ten type team with him with a chance to make a run. Still couldn’t dream about that three weeks ago. Great days ahead my friends.

Yes to all. You add Lanier, seems like there’s a pretty good chance., add Anchor, have no clue but some of talk is he’s interested in us and a couple more. That would be something special for sure. If the Powers that be were to somehow make that happen and Robinson as well, we’d definitely be a top five team with a chance. I don’t know what else anyone would want. We probably get two more of Lanier and fill in the blank for the other two but we’ll still be a top ten type team with him with a chance to make a run. Still couldn’t dream about that three weeks ago. Great days ahead my friends.
There are teams with higher top end talent but I can't imagine there would be any with as much quality depth.

If we add Lanier, Robinson becomes more of a luxury; I'd prioritize a stud 4 (Toppin) for the roster at that point.
I love this. Toppin or my boy Anchor. Damn. With Lanier that’s big time. Don’t know how I keep leaving Toppin. lol. Anyone have anything on him
There are teams with higher top end talent but I can't imagine there would be any with as much quality depth.
yeah, I think we could wear a lot of them out by keeping a full court press all game. We’ll have the man power to. Now just need those superstars to go with it to bury them. Heck we may have one or two right now that breaks out and leads us in points.

Sounds fair, I’d say UConn will have a bunch of quality depth, as will Arkansas(assuming they develop year 2), and definitely Kansas.

We will be up there but like most I feel we need 2 impact transfer fringe NBA guys. Lanier and Robinson or Archie Archor would be nice for another PF and primary scorer. Without that we have depth, but a lot is unknown at the college level and a bunch of shooting but who is the play makers?

Also a question of how good Pope coaches here and how the players fit as a team, literally every single one is coming from a different system and high school. Hard to tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Agree, but if we get both than Krisa doesn’t have to play as much and that is better for everybody. Krisa is the only add I didn’t like
I don’t mind him, I like players with attitude. I miss having guys who play with a chip and something to prove. Especially on the road. We had a lot of soft players the past couple years.

He can shoot and handle the ball. Arizona had their best teams under Lloyd when he was there honestly. They were very good. I agree we don’t wanna rely on him but if he gives us 18-20 minutes a game I’m good with that.

Last edited:
Agree, but if we get both than Krisa doesn’t have to play as much and that is better for everybody. Krisa is the only add I didn’t like
Jeff Goodman said Kriisa has matured. I really hope that is the case because it’s already hard enough to get an entirely new team to gel and play well together without team chemistry issues or distractions.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT