ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly Donovan AKA Norlander said this about Lanier

No he didn't...he wasn't good against LSU and was good vs. Georgia...plus games vs Iowa, FSU and Miami.

Overall vs P5 teams:
-5 games
-26/56 FG, 46%
-16/38 Three FG, 42%
14.6 ppg
Exactly, plus he was one of their only threats. I’m sure he saw a lot of attention. Can’t do that on a better team. How many 5 star freshman come in and score 15 a game? I’d say he’s closer to 18-19 here honestly.

So… is Brea gonna play the 3, with Oweh as his backup? If so we are giving up some size.

But if he’s gonna play the 2 (with Chandler as his backup) then why recruit Lanier? Not trying to be contrary, just that it seems we need another PF and a true SF.

I've said multiple times I don't want us overpaying for guys but this isn't one to walk away from if the bidding gets uncomfortable. We need to close on 2 guys like this to finish off the roster.

YES.

We need Lanier AND Robinson.

Miss on Robinson and have to get Wooga.

But either way, we need 2 of those guys to round out the roster, and at that point I will feel like we are a legit FF threat.

Right now I think we're in the 6-8 seed range.

So… is Brea gonna play the 3, with Oweh as his backup? If so we are giving up some size.

But if he’s gonna play the 2 (with Chandler as his backup) then why recruit Lanier? Not trying to be contrary, just that it seems we need another PF and a true SF.
Pope needs 9-10 regular rotation guys to play his style (pace) of basketball.

He doesn't grind in the halfcourt or hold the ball when he has a lead.

Something we will all have to get used to again.

Pitino Ball is back, baby 👶 😍

Pope needs 9-10 regular rotation guys to play his style (pace) of basketball.

He doesn't grind in the halfcourt or hold the ball when he has a lead.

Something we will all have to get used to again.

Pitino Ball is back, baby 👶 😍

If we pressed like Pitino's teams I would go from 6 to midnight.

Any scam artist can say somebody might go somewhere or somewhere else. How do these people make a living?

YES.

But either way, we need 2 of those guys to round out the roster, and at that point I will feel like we are a legit FF threat.

I’d say that’s pretty close and add Noah if he decides to come. They also may want another inside playing forward type if possible or if they miss on Robinson but I really like Wooga as well. Some great options still doing their thing and time will tell but I’m liking where we are headed.

Reactions: delk4three
YES.

If we got Lanier and Robinson stayed In the draft, I wouldn’t mind Kentucky looking at kugel if he becomes available again

Interesting player, got solid playing time as a Sophomore and Junior as a part time starter, but wasn’t very productive at all. Decently efficient but averaged under 5ppg both seasons. Broke out big time in his Senior year.

Reactions: 1war

I think Brea ends up 6th man, backing up the 2 and 3 to play about 25mpg.

Brea and Oweh are both listed taller than 6'4". That's not undersized at the 3 for college.

6'2''-6'4"-6'6" in the backcourt wouldn't be considered small in college.

A Kerr, Lanier, Brea, and Carr lineup combination would feature 4 players who had a TS% in excess of 60 last season. Garrison was barely below at 59.6 last season and Williams can get there with better shot selection. There are some potent combos brewing on this squad.

Wait. Coaches do that?
Well. Obviously not all of them do, but I’ve heard stories from older folks that some coaches don’t simply have the players go make a play, but they practice over and over again plays that actually create open shots. I know it sounds crazy, but they tell me it actually worked. Rumor is that people in Utah saw it happen fairly recently. Of course you can’t believe everything you read on the inter web.

If that happens....
man exploding GIF

I would be shocked if Brea doesn’t start. It may be at the 3, but just because Cal had his best shooter come off the bench doesn’t mean Pope will. Pope may even run plays designed to get Brea open threes. I’ve heard of coaches doing that.
He was fine with coming off the bench for Dayton for 4 years. Stepping up to P5, I think he’d be fine with that role here. Every school on his list was a place that tries bring in 2 great players at each position and let the chips fall where they may. He’s going to compete for a starting job here, but he’ll have to earn it. The best part is, he’s going to play the minutes he deserves to play. Won’t be a hot shot 5 star who can’t hit anything from the perimeter getting run over him.

I think we need another power forward, assuming we get either Lanier or Robinson and maybe Noah. Brea is plenty big enough to play the three; last year we had either Edwards or Reeves there and he's as big as them(I know Edwards was listed taller but played shorter). And Oweh looks like he could guard a grizzly bear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT