ADVERTISEMENT

Trayvax wallet...anyone have one?

Am i the only one who carries a regular wallet in their front pocket?

No. I have a nice leather bi-fold that has two pockets for all my gobs of cash, and holds and organizes all my gift cards I got for Christmas in 2007 and beyond. It folds flat, fits in the same pocket as my phone, and leaves room for my keys.

Front pockets are bigger than back pockets anyway.

Tri-folds suck. I was a tri-fold guy forever for some reason, but bi-folds are better for any pocket.

@Mashburned be like...

920x920.jpg

-a man needs: 1 id, 1 personal card, 1 business card, insurance card and some walking around money. I prefer to keep $50's. Anything smaller goes loose in the front pocket.

-i have a nice ferragamo "card wallet" ive owned for a decade. Small...id window, couple of card slots and "pockets" behind on each side. Roughy 4"x 2 3/4". Currently 3/4" thick.

Reactions: BernieSadori
I didn't realize not carrying a fat leather wallet on your hip made some people feel insecure about their sexuality.
I would lose my wallet if it wasn't of substantial size. I would never know where I'd left one of those tiny card pedant thingys as I'd be apt to just stick it anywhere, including in my back pocket... b/c that's where wallets go. Just thinking, don't forget and stick that peice of hard plastic/metal in your back pocket and sit down on it. You'll be longing for something a bit more forgiving... like leather.

I guess I had no idea a 1" thick piece of leather was such a problem for folks.

Reactions: Mashburned
I had a huge wallet I would carry in my front pocket (and left a visible square mark in my jeans) for years but wife got me a Tumi money clip with enough room for about 4 cards 3 years ago. At first I scoffed at not having my giant wallet but then I switched some things over to it (and kept my wallet with other shit in my bedroom) and I haven’t touched my wallet in 2 years. Amazing how much shit I had in there that I never really used.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
I don't think anyone was saying you had to buy one and give up your traditional leather wallet that goes in your back pocket. I just asked for those who do have a front pocket wallet similar if they like it. Geez Louise.

-it is also required that a man carry a pocket knife. American or German made. French is ok if its laguiole.
Agreed. I feel naked w/o one.

My wife even carries a Dragonfly for work.

I've transitioned to exclusively Spyderco. They're affordable, but I just like the blade shape and flat grind. They hold a good edge and are fairly easy to sharpen. I used to collect and carry high-end knives but I found myself gravitating back toward the Spydercos for use.

Agreed. I feel naked w/o one.

My wife even carries a Dragonfly for work.

I've transitioned to exclusively Spyderco. They're affordable, but I just like the blade shape and flat grind. They hold a good edge and are fairly easy to sharpen. I used to collect and carry high-end knives but I found myself gravitating back toward the Spydercos for use.

I had a Spyderco that was a great EDC knife. I lost it and need to buy another one to replace it.

^ I give my BIL a new Dragonfly about every other year it seems for Christmas b/c he either loses them or has to forfeit them to TSA. It's the perfect price point for quality that's easy to replace. Plus, they weigh less than 2oz.

-i have a nice ferragamo "card wallet" ive owned for a decade. Small...id window, couple of card slots and "pockets" behind on each side. Roughy 4"x 2 3/4". Currently 3/4" thick.
I'm sure there's not a link to that actual model, but perchance do you have a linky link to a similar one?

Once again, as always, thanks in advance.

^ I give my BIL a new Dragonfly about every other year it seems for Christmas b/c he either loses them or has to forfeit them to TSA. It's the perfect price point for quality that's easy to replace. Plus, they weigh less than 2oz.

I purchased the one I lost at a gun show probably 25 years ago. I loved it. To be honest I don't know which model it was.

My wife had a card holder on her cell phone case. She had her phone lying in the shopping cart and turned her back for a couple of seconds. Someone grabbed her cell phone and walked away. They evidently went to the other side of the store, took out the cards and laid her phone on a shelf. Some other person found her phone and turned it in. I guess what they were shocked that it was already cancelled when they attempted to use it because she called me right away and I work at the bank so we stopped the card right then. It had only been a couple of minutes so they hadn't had time to use our debit card.

A wallet is just as much of a fashion piece as it is for utility (especially with technology eliminating Cash and credit cards). I don't care how useful that thing is, it looks dorky. Might as well have one of those velcro wallets.

Reactions: Dore95
Hey dickheads, it's 2020, so what's with all this "bi-" and "tri-" shit? Y'all prolly a bunch of cisnormative Neanderthals. I rock a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" DayIRunner, but identify it as a money clip.

When I was at UK in mid 90’s I rocked the checkbook leather wallet. I couldn’t even imagine carrying that now. Or a checkbook for that matter.

Carry yer wallet no matter the style in yer back pocket.

Go to a big city. See what happens.

Hahaa always keep a fake clip/roll with $20 just for the crooks

Really cool docu on pickpocket criminal gangs. Dig it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT