ADVERTISEMENT

Towns and Randle in LA?

sharpshooter16

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 23, 2008
Was hoping KAT would go #1, but now I'd love to see him drop to #2 and head to LA to team with Randle. Would love to see what those two Cats could do together.

I am with you. A core of Rubio, Wiggins and Towns is pretty damn good start in Minny if they want

Towns is going to Minnesota as the #1 draft pick. He has superior defense, over Okafors, and whichever offensive game you prefer, they are close enough. Wiggins and Towns on defense out in the flashy West.. all they need is Thibs from the Bulls.

Rooting for a dirtbag like Bryant would be difficult.

Kobe is done...I would say next year is his last if he can stay healthy and go out on his own terms. His body has broken down in record time the past 2+ years. Thus, you would not have to "root" for him long if Towns goes there. It would be Towns and Randles team, along with the FA studs the Lakers hope to sign at some point.

If it's Minnesota picking first. Then i'm sure it'll be KAT now.

Okafor won't fit well with Rubio and Wiggins. KAT give them spacing that Okafor can't.

Lakers will get Okafor at #2.

Wow, that's interesting.

Chad Ford said Minnesota is one team that has Okafor ahead of Towns.

I hope that's a joke.

If it's Minnesota picking first. Then i'm sure it'll be KAT now.

Okafor won't fit well with Rubio and Wiggins. KAT give them spacing that Okafor can't.

Lakers will get Okafor at #2.

that makes more sense, but I read some scout reports that the Wolves actually prefer Okafor. Wolves and Lakers win big tonight either way. western conference just keeps getting richer.

Wow, that's interesting.

Chad Ford said Minnesota is one team that has Okafor ahead of Towns.

I hope that's a joke.

I hope that is true. Would love to see KAT and Randle as the Lakers frontcourt for the next 5-8 years.

Chad Ford said He think Minn takes KAT with the first pick. Also thinks the Knicks will try to move up to get him.

Kat and Randle starting in post starting against Knight and Bledsoe backcourt in Phoenix.. Kentucky Effect. Kat with Wiggins would be awesome too, both are excellent defenders and can score.

is there anyone left on the planet that licks their lips more than kobie bryant during an interview? just wondering.

Towns is going to Minnesota as the #1 draft pick. He has superior defense, over Okafors, and whichever offensive game you prefer, they are close enough. Wiggins and Towns on defense out in the flashy West.. all they need is Thibs from the Bulls.
No no no no no no. That would be the worst decision the Timberwolves can make unless they want to run their players into the ground.

Was hoping KAT would go #1, but now I'd love to see him drop to #2 and head to LA to team with Randle. Would love to see what those two Cats could do together.

not me. Laker hater. Said last year didn't want Julies to play for LA and he didn't. Drafted anywhere else his fate most certainly would have been different. I hate the Lakers. Kentucky players should never play for the lakers.

Reactions: Mashburned
could trade their pick to kings...for boogie...still get WCS...pick up rajon...

Rajon
Kobe
Boogie
Randle
WCS

then maybe they could get Jodie back and when kobe needs to rest a game...start him...wouldn't that be something...

sign Teague, lamb, and miller...then maybe coach Cal would consider bouncing...

40 year Laker fan. Hope we get Towns. Okafor will be a nice consolation prize if we don't.

Don't want Rondo any near a Lakers jersey....overrated, chemistry killer.

not me. Laker hater. Said last year didn't want Julies to play for LA and he didn't. Drafted anywhere else his fate most certainly would have been different. I hate the Lakers. Kentucky players should never play for the lakers.

Are you always this incredibly stupid? You would rather see him have a season ending injury than play for the Lakers?

40 year Laker fan. Hope we get Towns. Okafor will be a nice consolation prize if we don't.

Don't want Rondo any near a Lakers jersey....overrated, chemistry killer.

Part of me says that he just doesn't like Dallas. He has a lot of terrific chemistry with Kobe, which obviously makes everybody's job easier. I think LA is a place where Rondo does well.

Minny is definitely taking KAT unfortunately.....it sucks they aren't a big market team, but they could be a really good, fun team in a few years.

Part of me says that he just doesn't like Dallas. He has a lot of terrific chemistry with Kobe, which obviously makes everybody's job easier. I think LA is a place where Rondo does well.

Man, Rondo doesn't like anywhere. It's him. He's the dude that's been married 9 times and thinks he just hasn't found the right girl.

Clarkson was a great surprise this year, and cutting into his minutes and growth, using up the cap room, and dealing with the headache isn't worth a Rondo who can't shoot, won't defend, and isn't interested in playing any way besides how he wants to. He's Steve Nash with a terrible attitude and less skill.

I'd much rather be awful again and grab another high pick while Clarkson, Randle and the #2 pick grow than bog ourselves down with Love, Rondo and whatever assorted garbage it takes to win 43 games, miss the playoffs and pick 14th.

Minny is definitely taking KAT unfortunately.....it sucks they aren't a big market team, but they could be a really good, fun team in a few years.

Absolutely. Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns is a great nucleus. Put that team in New York and folks would go nuts.

Reactions: W2R
Man, Rondo doesn't like anywhere. It's him. He's the dude that's been married 9 times and thinks he just hasn't found the right girl.

Clarkson was a great surprise this year, and cutting into his minutes and growth, using up the cap room, and dealing with the headache isn't worth a Rondo who can't shoot, won't defend, and isn't interested in playing any way besides how he wants to. He's Steve Nash with a terrible attitude and less skill.

I'd much rather be awful again and grab another high pick while Clarkson, Randle and the #2 pick grow than bog ourselves down with Love, Rondo and whatever assorted garbage it takes to win 43 games, miss the playoffs and pick 14th.

I agree, although I wouldn't mind seeing what Love would do in LA. Something about the Cavs/Lebron dynamic that seemingly hasn't gone to his liking & I believe he could prosper back in LA.
As for Rondo, my fear is that with his recent actions decreasing his value, it will cause the Lakers to say he is worth the risk. But I really, really hope they pass & let someone take on that headache.

Absolutely. Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns is a great nucleus. Put that team in New York and folks would go nuts.

I just don't see Lavine being able to shoot well enough and Rubio can't guard me. If towns goes 1 as expected, I hope they try to upgrade their guard depth through free agency.

Their pick is only top 3 protected next year, and it is highly unlikely that they are bad enough to pick top 3. I would rather see them ship the 14th pick to Philly instead of the 5th or 6th.

I'm not sure that means Rondo, but it might if they get him on a short, cheap deal and it makes Kobe happy.

It would be nice to assemble the pieces to squeak into the playoffs next season, because the floodgates will open summer of '16 with new TV money. Having both positive momentum and flexibility at that time would be appealing.

Flip Saunders likes Okafor though. Do not undersell the power a coach has in these kinds of decisions, especially when the #1 pick is involved. Personally, I hope that the Knicks somehow find a way to trade up to the #2 pick and pick Towns. He could be the next Ewing there.

Flip Saunders likes Okafor though. Do not undersell the power a coach has in these kinds of decisions, especially when the #1 pick is involved. Personally, I hope that the Knicks somehow find a way to trade up to the #2 pick and pick Towns. He could be the next Ewing there.

I would say it's the other way around. The coach has even less power when the #1 pick is involved. It's more a franchise decision at that point and less of personnel one as it is later in the draft.

Their pick is only top 3 protected next year, and it is highly unlikely that they are bad enough to pick top 3. I would rather see them ship the 14th pick to Philly instead of the 5th or 6th.

I'm not sure that means Rondo, but it might if they get him on a short, cheap deal and it makes Kobe happy.

It would be nice to assemble the pieces to squeak into the playoffs next season, because the floodgates will open summer of '16 with new TV money. Having both positive momentum and flexibility at that time would be appealing.

I forgot that the pick was only top-3 protected. For some reason I thought it was lower than this season. Jesus, we gave up everything in that trade.

If it's Rondo on a one-year deal, and with a price tag that comes with damaged goods, I can swallow that. What I don't want is Rondo at $9 million a year for three seasons and Love on a max deal.

I realize no franchise changer wants to go on the Kobe farewell lap we're about to endure, so it's important to stay flexible and make the reload after his retirement as smooth as possible. I don't want to do what the Nets did and load up on overpaid guys on the downswing in an attempt to be competitive now and mortgage the future.

Ideally, we throw all the money in the world at Leonard, draft Towns/Okafor, get Randle and Kobe healthy, and see what Clarkson/Kobe/Leonard/Randle/#2 pick can do next season. But Leonard isn't leaving San Antonio, and I don't blame him, so it's probably another year of the misadventures of Swaggy P.

How will Randle bounce back from his injury, being out a whole year is tough?

I agree, although I wouldn't mind seeing what Love would do in LA. Something about the Cavs/Lebron dynamic that seemingly hasn't gone to his liking & I believe he could prosper back in LA.
As for Rondo, my fear is that with his recent actions decreasing his value, it will cause the Lakers to say he is worth the risk. But I really, really hope they pass & let someone take on that headache.

I just don't know where Love really fits on a winning team. I think you either see the version of him in Minnesota or the version of him in Cleveland, and neither is really that valuable for the money he'll make.

More specifically, I'm not sure where he fits with the Lakers. He's from the West Coast and unhappy in Cleveland, but none of that means he'd somehow work alongside Randle/#2 pick.

Truth be told, I don't like power forwards who need to play inside to be effective but that don't defend the rim. Just not a winning piece in basketball in 2015.

How will Randle bounce back from his injury, being out a whole year is tough?

He was supposed to return to contact drills sometime soon, but I haven't heard much about that either way.

Byron Scott said he'd absolutely play in the summer league and be ready to go for camp, so the injury is apparently fine. It also gave him time to have surgery on his foot that some people were worried about since he was out anyway.

At 20 and with as hard as that kid works, I'd say he'll be rusty but fine. There's going to be a learning curve as he adjusts to the league no matter what, and sitting and watching for a year might have actually helped like it seemed to with Blake Griffin or Nerlens Noel.

We'll really just have to wait and see. He's not the type of guy I'd bet against though.

Rondo is garbage now... And in fact if you replaced him with an average point guard on Boston they still would have won a title

i agree with the initial rondo post. the lakers have no freakin identity. why would they not take rondo? let him go crazy. the fans would show in droves imo. tanking for a draft spot is boring. fans don't show up for boring. you get randle coming back with either towns or okafor. you have kobe resting at the two. they are imo two pieces away. get rondo on a minimal years deal and they should be able to afford someone else. if they just tank, kobe's career is just too anticlimactic. i really wonder what he thinks about the situation. i bet he cares about winning still.

the west is getting even better. you have an mvp candidate of every other team and they're all 27 years old and younger. if you make it as an 8 seed, so what? at least your in. if it's a ten year plan fine oh well, but i don't see the lakers ever being a top 4 seed in the west for the next several years anyway. that's my opinion anyway. may as well try to get in anyway you can.

you can take top picks like philly every year, but they're not going to all pan out. who says it's not better to do like washington (who i know is in the east) and trade around two young lottery picks like beal and wall. they picked up pierce and could be in the conference finals with a break here or there. it's really about how confident you are about randle and kat/okafor's abilities. yeah i think highly of those three.

rondo has problems. but he's a competitive animal like kobe. you give either of them 4 irrelevant players and you have a basketball game. I think it'd be fun to watch. all this i am not going to say i see it happening. but if the money is there, i'd be all for it.

i know kobe is old, and rondo only a shade of himself this year, but i guarantee they would be back in terms of prime time la spotlight. it'd be a three ring circus doomed to fail. but they would upstage the stinking clippers pr down here.

at least for one year. if it fails, kobe retires and the lakers still have basically a number one pick since okafor/kat is almost equal imo plus randle. and a lot more money since kobe makes bank.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT