Tom Petty, RIP

frustrated.gif

Oh my my, oh hell yes
Honey put on that party dress
Buy me a drink, sing me a song,
Take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long

RIP Tom Petty

That sucks.
He lived four doors down from me when I lived in St. Augustine. Very humble guy. Drove a beater and went to Sonny's BBQ every Wednesday when they were running cheap specials.. lol. Real dude.

Sonny's every Wednesday? Probably what killed him.

Reactions: Ugoff
Sonny's every Wednesday? Probably what killed him.
Don't say that, I visit Sonny's at least three times a week. I can't imagine a world without a rack of ribs. Tom Petty was from Gainesville, Fl where Sonny's started. It is a sad day for all. Rest in Peace Tom Petty and thank you for the tremendous music and memories that will not die

Reactions: wromanp7
We keep losing talented performers like Petty but talentless hacks like 95% of the newer garbage keep spewing out crap. Sorry, but losing an icon like Tom Petty hits the Blueisbest household pretty hard.

Today can suck a fat one. Was just talking about him Saturday night. Would loved to have seen him. Really regretting it now.

Reactions: angryram
Seriously though, Tom Petty has always been one of those dudes whose music I never bought, but looking at lists that people are putting out, you realize what an amazing career he had. Knew he was a legend, but never gave a lot of though to his overall catalog.

I’ll mostly remember his songs being on early in the morning on MTV as I got ready for school in ether early 90s. He didn’t get much play in the afternoons. Good tunes, good memories.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
Weird, bc not that big of a fan of TP, but was listening to Free Falling last night while making dinner, probably my favorite TP song. Damn, 66 is too young . . .

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT