ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket sales?

unclebig'un

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2007
Anyone heard updates on ticket sales?
I heard the student tickets have been sold out for a few weeks. How many less student tickets were allotted for this year?

I've been worried about the student tickets, but I hope you're right that they're sold out..I was more worried this year, because if they happen to not show up this year it'll be a lot more visible since they're in the end zone by the recruiting room where we run out of the tunnel, and it might look a little weird if there's a big empty section right by the recruiting room..I hope you're right..I think the last I heard season ticket sales were around 30,000 total..I might be wrong on that? I think it's going to take wins before the fans really start buying back in..after they got a taste of what it's like to have a good team in the Woodson years, they aren't just going to fork their hard-earned money back over like they used to..I think after we have a solid season this year, the season tickets will sky-rocket between this season and next..fans just want to see wins and a quality product on the field where they don't have to worry about the team ruining their weekend with a blowout loss, etc

Reactions: woodson991
I've been worried about the student tickets, but I hope you're right that they're sold out..I was more worried this year, because if they happen to not show up this year it'll be a lot more visible since they're in the end zone by the recruiting room where we run out of the tunnel, and it might look a little weird if there's a big empty section right by the recruiting room..I hope you're right..I think the last I heard season ticket sales were around 30,000 total..I might be wrong on that? I think it's going to take wins before the fans really start buying back in..after they got a taste of what it's like to have a good team in the Woodson years, they aren't just going to fork their hard-earned money back over like they used to..I think after we have a solid season this year, the season tickets will sky-rocket between this season and next..fans just want to see wins and a quality product on the field where they don't have to worry about the team ruining their weekend with a blowout loss, etc

You make a good point but even if they are sold out in the student section, the students are usually the first ones to leave a game so it would still look bad to recruits sitting above them. Many on here like to blast the old timers in the stands for football and basketball but I say the students are even worse these days.

As you pointed out a lot of us who participated in the season-ticket-holders' revolt have not returned to the fold. It seems Barnhart is finding out that it's hard to win back disaffected, former, longtime, loyal, season-ticket holders. Perhaps this explains the otherwise inexplicable downsizing of Commonwealth's capacity.

Reactions: jnewc2
You make a good point but even if they are sold out in the student section, the students are usually the first ones to leave a game so it would still look bad to recruits sitting above them. Many on here like to blast the old timers in the stands for football and basketball but I say the students are even worse these days.

Yeah, that's true I didn't even think about that..hopefully we won't have to worry about anyone leaving early this year unless we're blowing someone out haha

Reactions: woodson991
As you pointed out a lot of us who participated in the season-ticket-holders' revolt have not returned to the fold. It seems Barnhart is finding out that it's hard to win back disaffected, former, longtime, loyal, season-ticket holders. Perhaps this explains the otherwise inexplicable downsizing of Commonwealth's capacity.
Thanks for the upgraded seats! In a few years it's gonna be alot harder to move up when we're beating good teams and going to big bowl games.

Reactions: zac_limanni
Jen Smith's article stated there were about 38,600 season ticket sold as of the first of July. Article said there had been little movement since the "choose your new seat" period ended back in February (37,109 at that time). The 38,600 number includes student season tix sold to date. The student season ticket sales usually jump up when kids get back on campus (but there had been encouragement to "buy early" due to the substantial, but unknown, decrease in student seating).

Someone reported season tix for general public went on sale today* so I looked it up. Earlier today, based on a section by section count, Ticketmaster was showing 2147 season tix available. But unless there has been a big jump in sales since Smith's article, something just doesn't add up. 38,600 sold as of early July plus 2147 available today suggest that there are only 40,147 (plus remaining unsold student seats) season seats available. That does not sound right even for the new reduced capacity of 61,000.

It has always been a problem for the media to get accurate ticket sale info from the UKAA. Plus UK always includes the student season ticket numbers in total season ticket numbers. Furthermore I don't think UK has ever said exactly how much of the new capacity (61,000 seats) is available as season tickets or how many seats are in the new downsized student sections. It will likely be a few games into the season before there are some accurate ticket numbers available.

Regardless, I hope to get there for a game or two before the UofL game and see what the "new" place looks like.

*EDIT: That was single game tix but TM did list 2147 season tickets available.

Peace

Last edited:
Jen Smith's article stated there were about 38,600 season ticket sold as of the first of July. Article said there had been little movement since the "choose your new seat" period ended back in February (37,109 at that time). The 38,600 number includes student season tix sold to date. The student season ticket sales usually jump up when kids get back on campus (but there had been encouragement to "buy early" due to the substantial, but unknown, decrease in student seating).

Someone reported season tix for general public went on sale today so I looked it up. Earlier today, based on a section by section count, Ticketmaster was showing 2147 season tix available. But unless there has been a big jump in sales since Smith's article, something just doesn't add up. 38,600 sold as of early July plus 2147 available today suggest that there are only 40,147 (plus remaining unsold student seats) season seats available. That does not sound right even for the new reduced capacity of 61,000.

It has always been a problem for the media to get accurate ticket sale info from the UKAA. Plus UK always includes the student season ticket numbers in total season ticket numbers. Furthermore I don't think UK has ever said exactly how much of the new capacity (61,000 seats) is available as season tickets or how many seats are in the new downsized student sections. It will likely be a few games into the season before there are some accurate ticket numbers available.

Regardless, I hope to get there for a game or two before the UofL game and see what the "new" place looks like.

Peace

I got moved down 20 rows from where I was originally slotted in the spring online auction. What I was told was that quite a few who picked out their tickets a few months ago, failed to pay for them once the bills went out. Therefore, a fair number of season tickets suddenly came available, so it was relatively easy for me to move back down to row 20 or so, which is where I wanted to be all along.

I got moved down 20 rows from where I was originally slotted in the spring online auction. What I was told was that quite a few who picked out their tickets a few months ago, failed to pay for them once the bills went out. Therefore, a fair number of season tickets suddenly came available, so it was relatively easy for me to move back down to row 20 or so, which is where I wanted to be all along.
That had to be some unexpected good news. [cheers]

Peace

Thanks for the upgraded seats! In a few years it's gonna be alot harder to move up when we're beating good teams and going to big bowl games.

U R welcome!!! :sunglasses: Hope you are right about your projections for the team.

Just got too old and too disillusioned during the ten or so years that Barnhart ignored the needs of the FB program.

Like what is happening now with the FB program. Hope that Barnhart and the UK administration have the foresight to sustain what could be an outstanding program and competitive facilities.

Reactions: jnewc2
Don't mean to be a smart ass here , but if you can't get back on board with all that is going then what do you need?...How much of a fan are you?...I was one of those that revolted and jumped back on board as soon as Stoops was hired..I had been a season ticket holder for 35+years and WNM "WE" are now needed more that ever...So come on jump back in and bring some with you...Hope you are there on the 5th...Big things are coming!!!!!

U R welcome!!! :sunglasses: Hope you are right about your projections for the team.

Just got too old and too disillusioned during the ten or so years that Barnhart ignored the needs of the FB program.

Like what is happening now with the FB program. Hope that Barnhart and the UK administration have the foresight to sustain what could be an outstanding program and competitive facilities.
WNM...How old are you?...The football program was ignored way before MB came alone by ALL the ex basketball players that were ads that didn't give a squat about the football program...CM(get his name off the field) Newton, Larry Ivy and Cliff Hagan were probably ten times worse that MB and I have had issues with him, but just look what is going on right and you should be excited...Don't you think that now is the right time to jump back in the boat?...GOCATS!!!...STOOPSTROOPS!!!

Reactions: eacsxt
WNM...How old are you?...The football program was ignored way before MB came alone by ALL the ex basketball players that were ads that didn't give a squat about the football program...CM(get his name off the field) Newton, Larry Ivy and Cliff Hagan were probably ten times worse that MB and I have had issues with him, but just look what is going on right and you should be excited...Don't you think that now is the right time to jump back in the boat?...GOCATS!!!...STOOPSTROOPS!!!

I'm 67, retired, live 2 hours from Lex and have developed serious spine problems in the past couple of years. So, I won't be back as a season-ticket holder. I'll leave it to you youngins.

Was also a season-ticket holder from the time Commonwealth opened til the revolt began in 2010. In spite of what posters have to say about the BB ADs, Commonwealth and the Nutter Center were built as state-of-the-art facilities while Hagan was AD and Commonwealth was expanded under Newton. The problem in each case was no follow through to maintain and sustain the program. What Barnhart is doing now is no better than what Hagan and Newton did. And it remains to be seen whether Barnhart will follow through on what is a long-long-awaited first step. I sincerely hope he will!!!

I agree in the strongest terms possible that the field should be renamed! As many posters have suggested, Jerry Claiborne Field seems appropriate to me.

I heard we had the largest growth of season tix sales in the SEC.

My son, a UK frosh to be, tried to purchase a student season ticket this past weekend at a UK honors function and was told that the tickets for students sold out two weeks ago. Don't know who told him that or if it is accurate, just know that he was disappointed.

In the past they keep them as season tickets, but lower the price as games go by. The K-fund price remains the same though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT