ADVERTISEMENT

This time last year we were talking about cal to Texas.

I personally think he retires or goes to the NBA. Leaving UK for a lesser college job would be a weird move.
NBA could be. But instead he may want to pull a tubby and try coaching at a less demanding program. Maybe he ll pull a Bobby knight and go the Texas tech type route. I hope whatever it is it’s soon.

Someone might hire him to get a few years of high-level recruiting from him. He's in good shape with the Dybantsa class. Might be worth some program throwing the vault at him to create some program hype.

No one wants Cal!
eyeroll GIF by Hyper RPG

I personally think he retires or goes to the NBA. Leaving UK for a lesser college job would be a weird move.
He has already failed in the NBA, miserably. They don't want him there, they know he can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

There is a story about his time there, Cow's team (the Nets) was playing the Bulls and he was performing his usual screaming lunatic routine on the sidelines, Jordan noticed, laughed and turned to ask the Nets bench:

"Y'all actually listen to this guy?"

The only gig Cal will take outside of Kentucky would be an NBA front office job. The only hope is the irritation and frustration from the unhappy BBN and the landscape of college basketball takes him to retirement. No other college is bringing Cal on

Reactions: NociHTTP
Do you forget a dude had a sign at Rupp? So it was a thing in reality to. Not to mentioned there were media rumors.
Dude was and still is probably on this board. You don't think that's even a slight possibility?

Media rumors. Ok. They were likely just parroting what they saw on here to drive clicks and viewers. You know how this works - get the BBN in a frenzy and they'll flock to your AD LADEN websites for hours.

Dude was and still is probably on this board. You don't think that's even a slight possibility?

Media rumors. Ok. They were likely just parroting what they saw on here to drive clicks and viewers. You know how this works - get the BBN in a frenzy and they'll flock to your AD LADEN websites for hours.
The point. Still stands. It existed out of this board.

Cal winning a second title was never a thing, except in your mind.
It was once upon a time, then Bo Ryan pulled his pants down & emasculated him in front of the whole nation. Nothing has been the same since.

2017 when we got Roofereed was the last & only true title contender he has managed to put together since then. Under Cow, UK hasn't been a threat to win anything for years now...

Reactions: true blue1
It was once upon a time, then Bo Ryan pulled his pants down & emasculated him in front of the whole nation. Nothing has been the same since.

2017 when we got Roofereed was the last & only true title contender he has managed to put together since then. Under Cow, UK hasn't been a threat to win anything for years now...
More like Higgins did that. We were on our way to that title in 2017. I’m pissed at Cal but we’ve gotten the shaft on top of that too.

It would never happen, but if Cal ended up at IU, I'd probably laugh myself into an ER visit. Aaaaaalllll the crap I've taken, for years, from Hoosiers here. Lordy.

Very few GMs are known by fans. Even casual fans know HC John Calipari. I don't think an NBA GM is enough for his ego.

I sure as hell don't want him in charge of picking his replacement. That would be an epic disaster. He'd def pick a washed up buddy he could control.

Very few GMs are known by fans. Even casual fans know HC John Calipari. I don't think an NBA GM is enough for his ego.

I sure as hell don't want him in charge of picking his replacement. That would be an epic disaster. He'd def pick a washed up buddy he could control.
“I know. Let’s give Huggins another chance.”

-Cal, probably.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Unless he’s willing to take a paycut, I don’t see him leaving for another program. He certainly isn’t worth a raise offer. He has too much personal pride to go the Tubby route and arrange himself a lesser parachute job. His style isn’t conducive to an NBA team salivating to have him.

I say that all to say: it kinda seems like our only hope is a donor-driven buyout at this point? I think he’s “good enough” to avoid a buyout offer from Barnhart and I don’t think he’s quitting on his own accord either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT