ADVERTISEMENT

This situation with sharpe is why fans are turning on cal.

Don't get why so many are upset. IF he doesn't play....I will, but if he does, you just got a potential top 5 Lottery pick to reclass, join your program and possibly be added to the team instead of never getting him on campus. I still believe if Sharpe were to get on the court with this particular team, it makes them a heavy Final Four favorite and places them among top National Championship contenders. An elite wing helps Grady, TyTy, Wheeler, Mintz, etc...and opens things up for Oscar as well. It's all this team is missing IMO.

BTW, I'll say what I've said all along PLAY HIM. He's got enough credibility and respect from NBA teams that him playing will do no damage to his Draft status. They've seen enough to know what he's capable of and if anything, being a competitor and competing/helping his team make a deep run or more at UK would only enhance his value. Get why UK is slow playing/covering things with "conditioning" but he's been issued his jersey, he's working out, and I'm expecting him to play....but wouldn't be shocked if it was against Mississippi State this week as a debut despite hoping it would be tomorrow. It's time to start pushing forward and for those concerned about chemistry.....I can live with a 6'5 45% from 3pt caliber wing with a 48 inch vertical joining UK for rest of season and cutting into some mins of other players.
You don’t get it, do you? If he could contribute more than the players we’ve got, Cal would be playing him. How can you not understand that?

You don’t get it, do you? If he could contribute more than the players we’ve got, Cal would be playing him. How can you not understand that?
I fully get it. But I'm going to wait and see if he doesn't play before I go off on things that nobody but the parties involved know about. Been told the kid wants to play, UK staff wants him to play, but people looking out for Sharpe are hesitant. I'd say this more about the state of the sport then Calipari--at this point but if he never plays a game at Kentucky, then we can revisit this and I agree. Until then, willing to give it time to see how things unfold.

If you move this discussion to the fact a CBB HOF Coach wants screens outlawed, then I am onboard with fully asking if he stands when he pisses? I mean that's as gutless and stupid as anything mentioned by any coach to this point.

• Haha
Reactions: ManitouDan
Uh...speaking of agendas...You left out the NIT season and LAST season when we went 9-16.
Smart guy.... We were talking about tournament runs. We didn't make the tournament those 2 years . Why would you include those in talking about early exits?
To make it sound worse? Lol

Last season was a joke that nobody took seriously . Their will be asterisks beside every single thing that came from it

Smart guy.... We were talking about tournament runs. We didn't make the tournament those 2 years . Why would you include those in talking about early exits?
To make it sound worse? Lol

Last season was a joke that nobody took seriously . Their will be asterisks beside every single thing that came from it
No, the threshold was early outs. Clearly in 13 and last year we didn't even make the tournament, that should have at least been mentioned, but you skipped it.

But you shaded out those two seasons to make your point, and it's a dishonest one because it makes Cal's record look shinier and that's YOUR agenda.

Proof? Your last 2 lines. You took that DIRECTLY from Cal's postgame comments last week. You're literally PARROTING what Cal says for your own arguments.

And the fact that you think NOBODY takes last season seriously shows just how intellectually vacant you are.

Sure looked like Gonzaga and Baylor were taking last year pretty seriously and I garuantee younif Uk had been innthe torney last year instead of going 9-16 the guy who posted how meaningless last year was would be singing a different tune.

Drama drama drama. Not to mention the losing like we never lost before. After the worst losing season folks were amped to get the first elite recruit in some time. Now? We don’t know if he plays this year next year or the highly possible never. It is a vicious rollercoaster of revolving door of players and in since 2015 subpar UK results. I don’t know who’s being played, us, cal or what and I don’t care. I want stability in this program. As a life long fan 47 years I still own a share of season tickets I want consistency and stability.

instead we are set up for another offseason of unknowns about a roster that was shaping up to be worth another shot. We re gonna get into may after a likely early out and it’s gonna be is sharpe staying after 0 years or is he gone? Sitting on pins and needles. I speak for a lot of fans when I say this has by far worn the fan base thin. Apathy has set in. Our tickets. 4 rows up behind the visitor bench and scorers table. You’re on espn the entire game. 4 home games this year those seats have been empty. I even offered to give them to my buddy for a game and he said he couldn’t go he had something better to do. What was it? Go to dinner with his high school buddy. He could have taken him to the game but didn’t. I mean really? You don’t want seats on the floor basically? I’ve sensed where things were going for a while now but this year when I couldn’t give those tickets away the reality set in that fans have better things to do.

it’s unfortunate because UK basketball has been a way of life for central Kentuckians for generations. The love for it is passed down from grandpas to grand sons. Fathers to daughters etc. The apathy now though is palpable and the floor is about to fall out if this sharpe situation goes the way it seems to be developing.
Ridiculous comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT