ADVERTISEMENT

Thiero-Ugo vs Ware-Collins: Stats

I know it’s early, but I’ve been extremely disappointed with Toppin and Collins. They both looked great in the Bahamas games. Yes, the competition was terrible, but they made shots, played with great energy, hit the boards, ran the floor, blocked shots, etc. I said all summer how good we end up being will depend on the play of these two. So far they’ve greatly underachieved and our record reflects it. They’re not even playing well against the cream puff teams. I just don’t get it, especially with Toppin.

Thanks for posting these stats. It speaks to what my eyes have been telling me. I didn't, however, realize the productivity contrast was that stark. Cal must be trying to avoid 'taking some guys hearts' rather than preparing the players with the most potential for later in the season. One can chose to do it this way, I suppose, when not AT ALL concerned about losing his job.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
I know it’s early, but I’ve been extremely disappointed with Toppin and Collins. They both looked great in the Bahamas games. Yes, the competition was terrible, but they made shots, played with great energy, hit the boards, ran the floor, blocked shots, etc. I said all summer how good we end up being will depend on the play of these two. So far they’ve greatly underachieved and our record reflects it. They’re not even playing well against the cream puff teams. I just don’t get it, especially with Toppin.
I agree with you but I think this is all because of Cal. One little mistake and players get pulled. Cal just needs to explain to the players the mistake and teach them instead of pulling them and shaming them. I really believe they are playing tense all the time afraid of making mistakes.

I agree with you but I think this is all because of Cal. One little mistake and players get pulled. Cal just needs to explain to the players the mistake and teach them instead of pulling them and shaming them. I really believe they are playing tense all the time afraid of making mistakes.
There’s zero doubt we play tense. You can tell it just by watching shooters turn down shots, etc. If this team could play loose and have fun without a lunatic screaming all game long I think we’d see how good they could be.

Reactions: westerncat
There’s zero doubt we play tense. You can tell it just by watching shooters turn down shots, etc. If this team could play loose and have fun without a lunatic screaming all game long I think we’d see how good they could be.
Some of the players are grown men in their twenties. If they are not mentally tough it isn't the coach's fault. Some of them also may be affected by the constant negativity of people like you.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
Replying to my own thread but whatever....it is simply a fact that we need rim protection. Ugo needs to be on the court. He gives the team something no one else can.

Theiro similarly is probably the most versatile player we have and can play and guard 1-4.

This team is not going to reach it's peak production with these two guys sitting on the bench like they are Elloy Vargas and Tawny Beckham.
You didn’t need all those stats. The turnovers would be sufficient.

Ware - is what he is by now, tough guy with little basketball skill

Ugo- tons of potential but needs time

Thiero - same as ugo

Collins - looks like a baby deer with no confidence. My heart goes out to him for his family situation. He just does not belong on a basketball court right now in multiple ways.

Reactions: G-PIP
Coach Cal says going forward he's playing yenso. I believe him for now we'll see.
If Toppin wants to shoot the ball 82 times and only score 89 points it might be time for CCC to start playing Livingston a little bit more and see how many shots he can make off 82 opportunities..

That's right topping has shot the ball 82 times and scored and total of 89 points. He shot the ball more than anybody

There is no doubt in my mind that Onyenso should play over both Collins and Ware.

I am not yet convinced about Thiero. I still have Livingston in front of him in the pecking order at the 3/4. Primarily because Livingston is more physical.

I would definitely be playing Onyenso at the 5 behind Tshiebwe. He has way more potential than Ware and Collins.

My rotation would be Wallace, Wheeler, Fredrick, and Reeves in the backcourt and Livingston, Toppin, Tshiebwe, and Onyenso in the frontcourt. Play Thiero, Collins, and Ware in mop up situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT