ADVERTISEMENT

There are people on this site

BIG BLUE GURU

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2007
Trying to tear UK down. Trying to pit Cal vs Pope. News flash to anyone holding out hope that any Cal recruit will stay. They will not. Same crap it has been since Cal got here. Let Pope figure out his staff and roster. Enough with the sky is falling crap at every players decision. Reed will go to the draft as he should. Other than Perry and maybe Thiero but I doubt it. Pope will be building a completely new roster. I am OK with that.

Trying to tear UK down. Trying to pit Cal vs Pope. News flash to anyone holding out hope that any Cal recruit will stay. They will not. Same crap it has been since Cal got here. Let Pope figure out his staff and roster. Enough with the sky is falling crap at every players decision. Reed will go to the draft as he should. Other than Perry and maybe Thiero but I doubt it. Pope will be building a completely new roster. I am OK with that.
Hasn't Thieto already left

All Over The Place GIF - All Over The Place She Is All Over The Place Shake Head GIFs

Reactions: catzcan
We really don't even know who else will enter the portal. I believe the last day to enter is May 1, so while Pope should be looking for guys now (which I'm sure he is) there will be kids still entering the portal for the next two weeks. Lineups should start to solidify in May, I guess. At least that is my unprofessional opinion. I also do crystal ball readings for the low low price of $19.99.

Reactions: TFCats11
Well said. The team is not going to be the same as Cal's. Pope might never get the roster classes that Cal got. He might never send as many people to the NBA that Cal did. Get used to it. I for one only care about one thing and that's winning. I absolutely hated the hire but even I'm willing to let the man assemble a team and give him some games. Let Pope work and do his thing and at the end of next season we can look back and take happiness that we were right that the hire was awful or be happy that there is a new era of Kentucky basketball. There's bigger things in life than basketball and all the people talking about how nervous they are or worried just need to chill.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Well said. The team is not going to be the same as Cal's. Pope might never get the roster classes that Cal got. He might never send as many people to the NBA that Cal did. Get used to it. I for one only care about one thing and that's winning. I absolutely hated the hire but even I'm willing to let the man assemble a team and give him some games. Let Pope work and do his thing and at the end of next season we can look back and take happiness that we were right that the hire was awful or be happy that there is a new era of Kentucky basketball. There's bigger things in life than basketball and all the people talking about how nervous they are or worried just need to chill.
Fair post. At least you didn't crap all down your leg and try to call Barnhart. I mean we're talking mentally unstable stuff right there.

Reactions: Codeartist
Fair post. At least you didn't crap all down your leg and try to call Barnhart. I mean we're talking mentally unstable stuff right there.
That is truly unhinged. Today I've seen people post about how they are so happy that they were crying and so nervous that they needed to be talked down off the ledge. I love the passion that surrounds the program but sometimes people take a little game way too far. If you are calling Barnhart, crying or letting this have that much of an affect on you please take a step back and focus on what's important in life.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Honestly with the number of people on this message board, it’s a small percentage of people trying to do this. It’s also been less than a week since all of this has transpired, so I think it’s natural for there still to be a lot of this stuff going on.

I think what’s more annoying is people going nuts about our current players/recruits transferring when
1. We all know it was happening
2. This happens literally everywhere in college basketball especially with coaching changes
3. We’re actively celebrating Mark Pope recruiting former BYU players while getting angry with Cal for recruiting players he coached at UK

…or go to Arkansas with Cal since they seem to worship him.
Seems some aren't there either.

Too many folks may just not be able to process any gradations or nuance anymore in general.

There can only be elation or utter and complete misery and in this case elation is only purchased with a Championship.

Then there are some that are just the professionally and eternally aggrieved.
It is literally their purpose in life.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The most pathetic ones are the few that tried to call and email Barnhart after the hire, then the next day were "all in" (because they were in a tiny minority) but are leaving the door open to being angry again if he fails and saying "told ya so!!"

Fair-weather clowns.

That is the same song and dance that it was with Cal for a long time too. Now Cal legit did fail eventually but there were people banging on him and then disappearing when he was rolling. I'm not knocking just being honest- those folks ended up being right.

But here is a quick new flash....

It is way easier to say I told ya so when it comes to losing than it is to winning. Since Rupp hung his first title banner in 1948 we've essentially had our season end in some form of disappointment 91% of the time.

Definitely gonna take some time, we have to get used to building a roster again. It’s hard after 15 years of constant recruiting wins. We are all glad the Mercenaries are gone but it’s a huge change.

People are rightfully worried we have basically no roster at this point. Now Pope hasn’t had any time to get one, yet we are just Antsy like always. It will be nice to see some commitments soon and get some wins so we can fully put Calipari behind us.

That is the same song and dance that it was with Cal for a long time too. Now Cal legit did fail eventually but there were people banging on him and then disappearing when he was rolling. I'm not knocking just being honest- those folks ended up being right.

But here is a quick new flash....

It is way easier to say I told ya so when it comes to losing than it is to winning. Since Rupp hung his first title banner in 1948 we've essentially had our season end in some form of disappointment 91% of the time.
Yeah I think UK has won a title like 5% of the time since inception, lol. Bottom line is they are casual fans that care more about an alias being right than anything. Dorks, basically.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
The most pathetic ones are the few that tried to call and email Barnhart after the hire, then the next day were "all in" (because they were in a tiny minority) but are leaving the door open to being angry again if he fails and saying "told ya so!!"

Fair-weather clowns.
Just fans being fans.😀

Keep putting my 2nd one off. It needs it this week for sure.

I hate mowing.
I flat out can't do it anymore. Last few years that I was physically able before I got finished my face would start swelling up from allergies.
Getting old sucks but it beats the alternative. Used to be able to roll around in fresh cut grass and never even had to sneeze once.

I flat out can't do it anymore. Last few years that I was physically able before I got finished my face would start swelling up from allergies.
Getting old sucks but it beats the alternative. Used to be able to roll around in fresh cut grass and never even had to sneeze once.
Allergies are funny, my wife developed a Bananna allergy out of nowhere. We used to love eating Bananna pudding all the time for a dessert. All the sudden after years of eating it, she ate a banana one day and her throat started swelling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT