ADVERTISEMENT

The Worst Songs of All Time

My personal top three for worst songs of all time are:

Friday-Rebecca Black (annoying voice, stupid lyrics)
Stupid Hoe-Nicki Minaj (the chorus is literally "You a stupid hoe" 30 times)
Blurred Lines-Robin Thicke (very rapey, Bill Cosby's theme song)

Reactions: J_Dee

Still love Grace Slick though...

5fc4e554b84a53ee12b00356d0cc0d0f.jpg

We're leaving out Madoina and all that corporate style over substance pop crap aren't we? If every song they ever performed sucked then we shouldn't count them. Under that criteria, We Built This City is the worst and it's not close. I won't link it because I don't want people to hate me because they listened to it.

Seriously ?? I know this thread isn't but a couple hours old but when I saw the Thread title I clicked on knowing instantly what had to be (I thought anyway) a unanimous decision. Yet I haven't seen it.............

That answer, the absolute worst song of all time ??

M@ther-F@#king Rockytop !!

Hands down worst - change my mind !! I dare you to even try.

"Er, I'm looking for a record for my daughter, for her birthday. I Just Called To Say I Love You? Do you have it?"

"Yeah, we have it."

"Great, can I have it then?"

"No, no you can't."

"Why not?"

"Well, it's sentimental tacky crap, that's why not. Do we look like the kind of store that sells I Just Called To Say I Love You? Go to the mall."

"What's your problem?"

Barry shouts: "Do you even know your daughter? There's no way she likes that song!" He thinks for a moment. "Is she in a coma?"

"I didn't know it was pick-on-the-middle-aged-square-guy day. My apologies. I'll be on my way."

Barry, adopting an old man voice, says, "Well, buh bye." The man stops, turns and says "**** you" before leaving. Rob has come back and starts clapping sarcastically.

"Nice work. That was just top class."

"Rob? Top five musical crimes perpetrated by Stevie Wonder in the 80s and 90s?" Rob is not amused.

"Come on, he was only going to buy one record, that we didn't even have, then leave, and never come back again anyway."

"That's not the point - what did he ever do to you?"

"He offended me with his terrible taste!"

"It wasn't even his terrible taste, it was his daughter's."

Anything Michael Bolton sang.
Years ago a friend of mine had a date with a girl that took him to a Bolton show, seats on the third row in Atlanta. This friend was a big music fan. Had great taste (of course, he and I saw things very similarly. :) ) He told me later it was hands down by a country mile the worst concert he ever went to. Third row in front of Michael Bolton screeching every single song. He wanted to kill himself right there.

Even the best artists, or our own personal fav's have awful songs. Then there are those that you simply go WTF and you bleed out in agony....like this new Noel Kahan character. I don't get it, and I love a multitude of artists in many genres. Tried listening to a few songs today as I saw he was actually going to headline one of the days at Railbird...FFS, awful.

Reactions: J_Dee
The one song that I absolutely hate - The Immigrant Song by Zeppelin. Not a fan of the band but, to me, this is them at their absolute worst. Plant screeching in between singing about Vikings or Valhalla or whatever the f*ck he was screaming about. The riff is OK (not one of their best) but, my god, Plant's voice on that song is literally like nails on a chalkboard to me. Within 10 seconds, I quickly turn to something/anything else.

The one song that I absolutely hate - The Immigrant Song by Zeppelin. Not a fan of the band but, to me, this is them at their absolute worst. Plant screeching in between singing about Vikings or Valhalla or whatever the f*ck he was screaming about. The riff is OK (not one of their best) but, my god, Plant's voice on that song is literally like nails on a chalkboard to me. Within 10 seconds, I quickly turn to something/anything else.
Wife likes "Kashmir" which goes on for about an hour. I never heard any song that was so good it needed 12 minutes to play

Fool in the Rain is the worst Led Zeppelin song.

Working at an Irish bar that did karaoke nights, I despise Journey's "Don't stop believin'" as it was played almost every hour, plus the song isnt any good to begin with.. Along with all the other typical karaoke songs.. Bon Jovi, Springsteen, etc.

Last edited:
Working at an Irish bar that did karaoke nights, I despise Journey's "Don't stop believin'" as it was player almost every hour, plus the song isnt any good to begin with.. Along with all the other typical karaoke songs.. Bon Jovi, Springsteen, etc.

did some overweight girls sing "Fat bottomed girls" all the time and act like they were the first ones to ever think it?

My admiration for The Beatles is boundless. Seeing them in concert was one of the most memorable times of my life. But "Revolution No. 9" is pretentious twaddle. And John also wrote another song that is lyrically awful. In "Run for Your Life," he says he will kill his girlfriend if he catches her cheating. Other bad songs. There was a tune called "The Pina Colada Song" in which a couple is apparently delighted to learn that they didn't know much about each other and that they intended to cheat on each other. There was a song called "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett & Union Gap in which the guy professes to have the hots for an underage girl and advises her to run. Then there are awful novelty songs. One that comes to mind is "They're Coming to Take Me Away."

Hotel California by the Eagles. Absolutely reprehensible, overly long song by an overrated, trash band. Literally no redeeming qualities to that tune. Death to any infidel who disagrees.
It is a great song and the title track to an historic and iconic album . . . Which has been overplayed to death 8 million times, like Stairway to Heaven, Born to Run, Let It Be, etc.

My admiration for The Beatles is boundless. Seeing them in concert was one of the most memorable times of my life. But "Revolution No. 9" is pretentious twaddle. And John also wrote another song that is lyrically awful. In "Run for Your Life," he says he will kill his girlfriend if he catches her cheating. Other bad songs. There was a tune called "The Pina Colada Song" in which a couple is apparently delighted to learn that they didn't know much about each other and that they intended to cheat on each other. There was a song called "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett & Union Gap in which the guy professes to have the hots for an underage girl and advises her to run. Then there are awful novelty songs. One that comes to mind is "They're Coming to Take Me Away."
Tell us more about seeing the Fab4 live. Their sets were like a half hour long I think. Dish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT