ADVERTISEMENT

Kerr Kriisa commits to Kentucky

This is a new era of basketball, UCONN cracked the code so others are trying to catch up, there is no way Cal would have even given the UCONN guards last year a look coming out of high school, UCONN had one great freshman, a portal backcourt and and two other returners. I think Pope will ultimately follow a similar path, the one missing is prob gonna be the great freshman this year unless Chandler turns out to be Reed!

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Efficiency numbers are pretty rough over his career, but they’ve improved year over year, every season. He was much more efficient last year on a disjointed WVU team and he played the most minutes per game. Shot the shit out of it from the perimeter. Starting to really come around on him if he’s a guard in the rotation playing 20-25 minutes per game, and not the head of the snake. It’s probably gonna be matchup dependent on who gets the primary duties between Kerr and Butler, and what a great thing when your 2 options are 5th year players (with a 5th year sniper next to them).

Need + defense for a matchup (UT with Zakai Zeigler) you go Lamont Butler. Then when you go down to Starkville and blow Miss St.’s doors off, as is tradition, the ball will be in Kriisa’ hands a lot and he’ll get to his spots and pull all day.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Efficiency numbers are pretty rough over his career, but they’ve improved year over year, every season. He was much more efficient last year on a disjointed WVU team and he played the most minutes per game. Shot the shit out of it from the perimeter. Starting to really come around on him if he’s a guard in the rotation playing 20-25 minutes per game, and not the head of the snake. It’s probably gonna be matchup dependent on who gets the primary duties between Kerr and Butler, and what a great thing when your 2 options are 5th year players (with a 5th year sniper next to them).

Need + defense for a matchup (UT with Zakai Zeigler) you go Lamont Butler. Then when you go down to Starkville and blow Miss St.’s doors off, as is tradition, the ball will be in Kriisa’ hands a lot and he’ll get to his spots and pull all day.
Definitely like the fact that he was a pretty big part of a number 1 or 2 ranks Arizona team for most of the year too. At least a part of it. That team was really good. If he is a rotation guy at 20-25 minutes he’s a great pickup. Love the exploding both too. I watched a video today of a guy breaking down Perry saying he thinks he could end up being like Kolek from Marquette. He’s really good. He said that Perry and Chandler may be the 2 most overlooked players coming into next year.

Reactions: BigKari and BBUK
We know what happened in that photoshoot, Kriisa telling the Kentucky staff he’d be wearing No. 77 this season — and not because it’s Luka Doncic’s number, to be clear. That bum from the Dallas Mavericks stole it from the newest Wildcat first and Kriisa is simply taking it back.

I hope he's our mindgamer. Talk shit to the opposing guys. I'm just imagining him getting in the head of a dukie freshman guard. Lol, gonna be fun.
I was dreading the Duke game when I thought Cal was coming back. Not anymore. I love having a squad full of 5th year experienced players. Plus, Duke had a mass exodus themselves so the returning experience factor is mostly null and void. Should be a good matchup.

This is a new era of basketball, UCONN cracked the code so others are trying to catch up, there is no way Cal would have even given the UCONN guards last year a look coming out of high school, UCONN had one great freshman, a portal backcourt and and two other returners. I think Pope will ultimately follow a similar path, the one missing is prob gonna be the great freshman this year unless Chandler turns out to be Reed!
Pope is not doing anything similar to what Cal did.

We know what happened in that photoshoot, Kriisa telling the Kentucky staff he’d be wearing No. 77 this season — and not because it’s Luka Doncic’s number, to be clear. That bum from the Dallas Mavericks stole it from the newest Wildcat first and Kriisa is simply taking it back.

That guy is going to love it here, and the fans are going to love him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT