ADVERTISEMENT

The Ultimate What If

Mar 5, 2006
What if Coach Cal comes out with a statement to unite the fanbase? Something along these lines:

“I realize I lost my way. My intentions were good. I wanted to help these kids realize their NBA dreams, but I put that ahead of the program. I made promises to kids/parents about playing time. I felt I had to keep those promises and ended up not playing the best lineups. I didn’t adapt. I was stubborn and wouldn’t play zone, etc etc. I had a come to Jesus moment. I’m being paid to coach THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY. Program first!”

Would that cause us to give him one more chance to prove his words? I’m asking myself this question, because A. I’m totally off the Cal bandwagon & have been. B. I don’t think he’s leaving so I’m grasping for how next year doesn’t end up being a dumpster fire.

Any chance this happens? I would have said no - but the national media is killing him!

What if Coach Cal comes out with a statement to unite the fanbase? Something along these lines:

“I realize I lost my way. My intentions were good. I wanted to help these kids realize their NBA dreams, but I put that ahead of the program. I made promises to kids/parents about playing time. I felt I had to keep those promises and ended up not playing the best lineups. I didn’t adapt. I was stubborn and wouldn’t play zone, etc etc. I had a come to Jesus moment. I’m being paid to coach THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY. Program first!”

Would that cause us to give him one more chance to prove his words? I’m asking myself this question, because A. I’m totally off the Cal bandwagon & have been. B. I don’t think he’s leaving so I’m grasping for how next year doesn’t end up being a dumpster fire.

Any chance this happens? I would have said no - but the national media is killing him!
Nope. He's a hard core narcissist. He's ALWAYS right.

Sadly, you are correct.

I don’t think Cal will do it anyway. However, I think we are stuck with him unless you leaves voluntarily. Hope I’m wrong.

I was thinking about this earlier but I still don’t know if it would be enough. I think if they keep him then he needs to say something. He needs to admit he was wrong and that he has failed at coaching these past couple of years. He needs to also apologize to the fans for always thinking we are idiots. He would have to also fix his relationship with all the boosters and Mitch. Also would take him getting rid of all the “yes men” assistants he has and getting ones who would challenge him on his decisions. I still don’t think it would be enough

There is a better chance that I walk to the local store, buy a Powerball ticket, win the big prize, head to Vegas and gamble to win $10m more, walk outside to a massive thunderstorm and get struck by lightning not once, but three times, survive, fly home, end up in a plane crash and wind up the sole survivor, than there is of Cal doing the above.

And even if he did, I'd laugh and say "stfu and get out of here, you're washed up".

There is a better chance that I walk to the local store, buy a Powerball ticket, win the big prize, head to Vegas and gamble to win $10m more, walk outside to a massive thunderstorm and get struck by lightning not once, but three times, survive, fly home and end up in a plane crash and wind up the sole survivor, than there is of Cal doing the above.

And even if he did, I'd laugh and say "stfu and get out of here, you're washed up".
LOL ... well done!

LOL ... well done!
giphy.gif

To even come close to saying any of that one of two things would need to be true. Either Calipari would have to be introspective enough to realize his own failings, which is just laughable, or he would at least need to be capable of reading the room, realizing he needs to say them just to calm the fire, and then humble himself enough to at least *lie* and say what he needs to just to get everyone off his back.

Calipari is completely incapable of either of those things.

Reactions: TheDude73

He is a douche bag and will always be a douche. He is just like Pitino minus the coaching.

Reactions: blackcat714
To me the problem isn’t no zone, not even promises (although that doesn’t help). The biggest problem is his lack of in-game coaching combined with overall inflexibility. No public statement will make him a better coach

As others have stated, no chance he ever says that. But most importantly, would anyone believe him if he did?

Reactions: cat tat2

Things more likely to happen:
Martians land in my front yard
They find Jimmy Hoffa
Putin wins Nobel peace prize
Trump and Biden do T V show together
UK wins national championship in football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT