ADVERTISEMENT

The UK haters are cornered

You’ll see a lot of absurdly bad “told ya so” or “hired the wrong guy” takes after the early Duke game if UK takes the L.

That said, with a roster full of veterans, I have renewed hope for that game. Just need to develop some chemistry early and find a go-to scorer for iso needs.

You’ll see a lot of absurdly bad “told ya so” or “hired the wrong guy” takes after the early Duke game if UK takes the L.

That said, with a roster full of veterans, I have renewed hope for that game. Just need to develop some chemistry early and find a go-to scorer for iso needs.
Cal lost early and late the last 4 years. Why would there fans (not the internet trolls) be upset. Pope has done more at UK and it together a top notch staff than Cal would have if he stayed.

Last few years always felt we had a high ceiling and a low floor. Horrible going into big games knowing you had more talent but could and very likely would lose.

But that slim chance we had one of those magical games where it was clicking kept us all tuning in.

@ruppsrunt66 so true --RM
78cbca91b3d1dafa0fb111b314c75331.jpg

Reactions: cathouse
No way this group of tough guys Pope is putting together is going to lose to Duke. Just not going to happen. I wish I had the money to make a big bet on it right now.

Reactions: catzcan
Just not as nationally relevant without Cal anymore. Won’t see see things like Drake anymore (good), have little kids not from Kentucky watching, etc.
How the hell has UNC managed to get little kids to watch them for years? If you WIN and win al ot, people will tune in. You get nationally relevant by winning. How many kid's not from CT do you think are Uconn fans now? Did Drake help us get nationally relevant? Did Drake repping Georgia football help them get nationally known? No, winning did. Calipari needed UK as much as we needed him.

I really like our chances in this game now. Pope will have his team for more prepared for his first big game of his career, than Cal ever would have. And Duke basically lost ALL of it's returning experience from last yeah, save for Proctor. Duke will be talented, but very very young.. and I don't think Scheyer is nearly good enough to work out those kinks early on.

This is going to be one of those rare instances in the last 15 years, where UK should be able to clip Duke early.. but I probably wont want to see them again in March.

How the hell has UNC managed to get little kids to watch them for years? If you WIN and win al ot, people will tune in. You get nationally relevant by winning. How many kid's not from CT do you think are Uconn fans now? Did Drake help us get nationally relevant? Did Drake repping Georgia football help them get nationally known? No, winning did. Calipari needed UK as much as we needed him.
Winning and losing have a common denominator.
It's called contagious.

No way this group of tough guys Pope is putting together is going to lose to Duke. Just not going to happen. I wish I had the money to make a big bet on it right now.
We will see. I think we should beat them despite their talent level. They're freshmen dependent again.

No, it wasn’t just the winning. It was John Wall, Boogie, Julius, Booker, AD, Fox, Bam, Shai, etc. etc. The best basketball players on the planet and had the opportunity to see them before anyone else. We’re as interesting as Purdue now.
Real UK fans want to advance in tournaments. The casual fans will be weeded out now.

No, it wasn’t just the winning. It was John Wall, Boogie, Julius, Booker, AD, Fox, Bam, Shai, etc. etc. The best basketball players on the planet and had the opportunity to see them before anyone else. We’re as interesting as Purdue now.
The Cal cult are some sick puppies. How interesting has UCONN been, with their 2 5 stars the last 2 seasons?

Reactions: K86
And what did 'His Highness' do with all that talent? He was PART of 1....ONE national title team. Alarm bells should have been going off when West By-God Virginia beat the Wall/Boogie/Bledsoe/Patterson team with a simple defense...make UK jack up a bunch of 3's. And what happened? See Ya Cats!

Wow your dumb as ####

Reactions: mailman85
I’m not saying Cal is this great x and o coach, but are you forgetting who was on our roster? Our best player played like 40 minutes in the NBA this year. Cal still had it recruiting, he would have found his guys and punched through again.

I’m not saying Cal is this great x and o coach, but are you forgetting who was on our roster? Our best player played like 40 minutes in the NBA this year. Cal still had it recruiting, he would have found his guys and punched through again.
Maybe the worst take i've ever seen on this board.

Reactions: Cat in ga
You could have gone to their high school or AAU games if that's what you were interested in. Or how about their middle school games.

Just seeing the great players first is not what the UK program's purpose is. And I would have loved to be as interesting as Purdue was last year.

I’m gonna try to go to that game. Gotta get loud for the Cats!

Took Dean Smith 16 years to win his first championship and another 11 to win another. Cal would have won another in the next 5 years here. Just been unlucky.
For your own sake put down the crack pipe and back away slowly

Well....two years with the Naismith POY, a year with two first round draft picks and possible two more NBA guys, both the #1 kids in Wagner and Bradshaw and some say Edward's pre season and we have one tourney win.
One.
If he needs more guys than that I don't know what I can say.

He did great for a spell. It was time for him to go somewhere else. Best of luck to Cal unless he is playing UK. His time here came to a close.

Reactions: BigKari
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT