ADVERTISEMENT

The process needs to be done by Friday

Dontworryboutit23

All-American
Jan 4, 2022
Cal and everything needs to be sorted by Friday and Kentucky need a coach. Because the portal is insane right now and the new coach needs to go all in on it and get guys

Reactions: Lempface and blubo
Every name that's been floated except Donovan is currently talking to portal guys for their current school they would bring with them. Make the right hire for the next 10 years, not the quickest hire so you don't lose the senior from Wright St. Look at last night's box score, UConn basically played 6 dudes. We don't need 13 guys before August, we need 6-8 and any coach UK is giving 10 million can put that together.

If it’s Hurley or Donovan it won’t be this week. The championship parade/media for Hurley and Donovan’s play in will extend their timing beyond this week.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Don't panic Francis. Or should I say "DontWorryboutIt"? It doesn't have to be done by Friday. We're going to be fine whenever this gets sorted.
Don’t panic Francis is better than my user name for sure. I just hope they have a clear idea of who the guy is by Friday

Reactions: know1
Well Cal is still currently our coach, so there's that. He hasn't even officially left yet.

True but if you let this coaching search drag on you are limiting what a new coach can potentially add to the roster
We shouldn't underestimate the effect of a positive first season though. So we need to get this done quickly and right. If we wait, and say were to hire Donovan at the end of the Bulls season, he wouldn't have any commits/players from other teams that would follow him and the portal would have a lot of the best players committed somewhere. A very poor first season would take some of the shine off even the best hire. You want that momentum early.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT