ADVERTISEMENT

The perfect buzz for your age…

Played slow pitch softball until I was about 30. All I ever played was pitcher. Could hit base hits really well, but couldn’t run worth nothing. Always had weak legs. Trying to get back into golf, but my 61 year old legs are making it challenging. I admire your ability to play softball at 64, pretty impressive.
My work out regime keeps me limber enough to play. I have though in recent years been urged by some old retired Army buddies to pick up golf. Never played but, did go to the driving range with them one day and tried to drive. After a few hooks and slices I said that I would stick to softball until I could devote more time to golf.

Reactions: Backer cutter
My work out regime keeps me limber enough to play. I have though in recent years been urged by some old retired Army buddies to pick up golf. Never played but, did go to the driving range with them one day and tried to drive. After a few hooks and slices I said that I would stick to softball until I could devote more time to golf.
I’ve always played a sport of one kind or another. I love competing. Bowled for many years, league and tournament. Ripped a tendon in my knee a couple years ago and had to give up bowling. Golf seemed like the best option since I have played it a little before. It’s a struggle re-learning at my age, but I like a challenge.

51…a case of Little Kings
Knew a SFC who would buy a case (18 pack) of bud and drink it at night instead of dinner if we were not in the field or working. Before going home he would stop off at the shoppette and buy one most nights. Could not understand how he could and to top it off, he was skinny and could do PT with the best of them. My wife works with a guy who similarly does the same (not skinny though). Most nights before he goes home he buys a case from the Loves Truck stop outside of the back gate of FT. Sill.

Do you drink a case a night?

Last edited:
Reactions: cawoodsct
Warrior-cat, if fishing at daylight use a white super fluke with just a hook right off the grass beds, definitely a frog over the grass and edges and a chrome and black red eye shad in anything over 5-6 feet deep.

IgnitedVape is in Kroger Plaza on Richmond Rd. If anyone in Lex is looking for Delta 8 gummies or cartridges. They have plenty and are very reasonably priced. Not affiliated, just a happy customer. Maybe someday our state will step into this century and we can go to a real dispensary sometime before I die.

46 not a big drinker. Give me about 2 or 3 bowls b4 bed to unwind and I'm happy. I'm a simpleton

Perfect buzz playing golf: 6-8 beers and a few tokes

Perfect buzz chilling at the house: 2-4 beers and a few tokes.

Perfect buzz in the outfield watching my kid play baseball: 4-6 beers, no tokes.

Perfect buzz hanging with friends socially: 8-10 beers and a few tokes.

Perfect buzz watching any close UK game: 12-14 beers and as many bowls as necessary to keep me from stroking out.

Perfect buzz playing golf: 6-8 beers and a few tokes

Perfect buzz chilling at the house: 2-4 beers and a few tokes.

Perfect buzz in the outfield watching my kid play baseball: 4-6 beers, no tokes.

Perfect buzz hanging with friends socially: 8-10 beers and a few tokes.

Perfect buzz watching any close UK game: 12-14 beers and as many bowls as necessary to keep me from stroking out.
Where do you play golf if you don’t mind saying? I think I remember that you and I aren’t far apart.

I think i may originally be from the same area (monroe and grew up playing at hidden hills), but live in Etown now and play at heartland (previously known as pine valley).
Thanks. Yeah I think I played hidden hills once a long time ago. Now play dale hollow and sometimes Kentucky Hills.

Reactions: cat_chaser
I think i may originally be from the same area (monroe and grew up playing at hidden hills), but live in Etown now and play at heartland (previously known as pine valley).
I think it’s that heartland golf course that has a pretty good sports bar and some really good pizza. Don’t play golf but just riding around one day and spotted the place.

Reactions: cat_chaser
I'm 37. On UK gameday the perfect buzz is all your beer, and several fingers of bourbon liberally mixed in throughout the day. Basically vthis but bourbon and beer are the eggs and bacon:
d85.gif

Full disclosure, ^this is ALSO me at the Awful Waffle at 230am after a big Cayts football win.

Not much on the reefer these days. Sure in my HS and UK days. No issues with it, and if it's about on a Saturday night around the firepit, then sure send it my way. Give me a few sips of bourbon and a steady stream of 5-6 good beers on the evening and I'm a happy camper.

I think it’s that heartland golf course that has a pretty good sports bar and some really good pizza. Don’t play golf but just riding around one day and spotted the place.
That would be correct. Although the ‘sports’ bar is a bit of a stretch.

While they have a great setup for it to be a great sports bar, the owners really don’t market it like that or set it up like that (other than having a bunch of TV’s). Outside of big UK/UL games they really don’t do much.

Turns into a raging night club on Friday/Saturday nights.

It’s my local watering hole, tho, and I am partial to the place. Pizza is legit.

While they have a great setup for it to be a great sports bar, the owners really don’t market it like that or set it up like that (other than having a bunch of TV’s). Outside of big UK/UL games they really don’t do much.

Turns into a raging night club on Friday/Saturday nights.

It’s my local watering hole, tho, and I am partial to the place. Pizza is legit.
Well I live in Lebanon Junction so always looking for something different since we only have the one bar. I was there during the day so figured it prolly was busier in the evening.

Well I live in Lebanon Junction so always looking for something different since we only have the one bar. I was there during the day so figured it prolly was busier in the evening.
I should clarify that I’m not knocking the place by any means. I love it and am a regular at the bar and member of the golf course.

BUT - they could really do so much more with the bar area. Owners (separate from the course owners) aren’t big sports people. They make their money on Fri/Sat nights.

Having said that, they are in the process of putting in a mini top golf set up on their range deck.

Reactions: H. Lecter
32 here. A good buzz for me is a few stiff pours of bourbon. Unfortunately my tolerance is an all-time high....need to cut back.

Reactions: WayneDougan
59 here.

I had total knee replacement done 3 days ago, so for the next month or so it's going to be strong pain medicine prescribed by my surgeon, helped along with some cartridges. ( Damn those things are handy, but they're not all created equal and I only have one source as it is. Gold Coast brand is the best he's ever gotten me.)

When I'm not having major surgery that requires percs to push through physical therapy, I just hit a cart a few times; depending upon the strength, maybe a few more, and I'm good. Put me on the water fishing for bass and I'm in heaven.

Back to the subject :) ..... In my mid 50s, I don't drink beer like I used to. I do treat myself to a good Belgian dubbel, tripel or a high end Saison like Tank 7 once in a while. My "go to" (4-5 times a week) is a Gin Martini. Usually, one in enough but occasionally (depending on how crappy my day was), I will have a second.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Back to the subject :) ..... In my mid 50s, I don't drink beer like I used to. I do treat myself to a good Belgian dubbel, tripel or a high end Saison like Tank 7 once in a while. My "go to" (4-5 times a week) is a Gin Martini. Usually, one in enough but occasionally (depending on how crappy my day was), I will have a second.

I have no idea what you are saying except the gin martini 🍸🍺

54 here , craft beer lover , about 2 8 Oz 14 % Stouts is about tight. Cant believe so many smoke on here , dont really care , just surprised .. maybe I shouldnt be , been to 2 parties lately where several dudes in their 50s and 60s were partaking .

Hey Mitch Barnhart --> piss off.
I feel like you were one of those fools clowning me for being pissed off we couldn't drink at Thanksgiving because there would be a recovering alcoholic attending last year's festivities. My argument was that it didn't matter cause the guy wasn't serious about quitting and if seeing us drink there was going to set him off, it's a lost cause anyway. And sure enough we didn't drink, yet he was drinking again a week later.

I feel like you were one of those fools clowning me for being pissed off we couldn't drink at Thanksgiving because there would be a recovering alcoholic attending last year's festivities. My argument was that it didn't matter cause the guy wasn't serious about quitting and if seeing us drink there was going to set him off, it's a lost cause anyway. And sure enough we didn't drink, yet he was drinking again a week later.
Excuse me, I’ve had a couple. But WHAT?

Reactions: chroix
Excuse me, I’ve had a couple. But WHAT?
Last year on another thread we were talking about Thanksgiving. The wife of a cousin asked the family not to serve wine at Thanksgiving because her husband was having trouble with alcohol and she didn't want him to fall off the wagon. I didn't bitch about it to my family nor her and respected the request, but I knew it was going to be pointless. I got a lot of grief for it on here, including from Mr. Camacho.

Last year on another thread we were talking about Thanksgiving. The wife of a cousin asked the family not to serve wine at Thanksgiving because her husband was having trouble with alcohol and she didn't want him to fall off the wagon. I didn't bitch about it to my family nor her and respected the request, but I knew it was going to be pointless. I got a lot of grief for it on here, including from Mr. Camacho.
Ok thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: WynnDuffy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT