ADVERTISEMENT

THE MASTERS

The Masters is all about what was good in America and asks in return for only the best in us.

The questions answered in Augusta are timeless and beatific. The reason why men compete. Why they seek answers in physical competition amongst men. The best of us will take the course and seek to know why and in return the course once again will work its special magic in measuring them. Those that are worthy will show it to us all. Without words we'll see it. In a backdrop so beautiful that it seems almost obscene to play upon it, they, and we, will learn together and it will remain unspoken.

The Masters does not need words. We behold and it washes over us. Whatever is inside men is glimpsed and judged as worthy then shown to us for whatever we will make of it, but in that moment, only, we stand in the grace of beauty.

s-l1600.jpg

Tiger is wasting his time. He's decorative now no different than Jack, essentially. Maybe he'll show flashes of his former self but that doesn't matter. He's a distraction for the actual real players in contention.

"The Tiger Charge" is a mockery the players laughingly whisper amongst themselves now.

I'm going with Scheffler because he's the closest thing there is to being a lock to be in contention on Sunday.

Weather looks absolutely awful for Augusta this week, if what I saw pans out, may even have a Monday finish.

• Sad
Reactions: LOL_Man
Weather looks absolutely awful for Augusta this week, if what I saw pans out, may even have a Monday finish.

Thur is fine...rain Fri and Sat is supposed to be a lot of rain. Hopefully, they at least get the cut made.

Easily the best deal for fans in sports. How they have been able to keep the prices low/the same after all of the inflation the past few years is commendable. Augusta National is not perfect but they sure do get most things right.

Reactions: bigbluedon
Easily the best deal for fans in sports. How they have been able to keep the prices low/the same after all of the inflation the past few years is commendable. Augusta National is not perfect but they sure do get most things right.

It's a concession stand. A buck or ten....irrelevant and fans will get the same stuff, regardless. If I can't afford twenty bucks for some grub I don't need to be going.

Cawood, I remember a year where TW played poorly, for him early, rained Friday night, he had an early start on Saturday and went pin seeking before it dried up in the afternoon and he was in contention on Sunday because of it.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Cawood, I remember a year where TW played poorly, for him early, rained Friday night, he had an early start on Saturday and went pin seeking before it dried up in the afternoon and he was in contention on Sunday because of it.
Setting up for Rory with the conditions, hes my pick.

Last edited:
Easily the most affordable food prices on the PGA tour. Of course, they make up for it with the souvenirs pricing.

Rahm, Spieth, Hatton, Fitz

Tiger's ex he abused and threw out on the street will bust his leg w/ a 5I on Friday.

Last edited:

Augusta has more money than they know what to do with. Remember around 20 years ago when sponsors pulled out because they didn’t have women members? Augusta was like ‘lol k we’ll be fine’

Is it just me or is Steve Sands the most annoying announcer in golf. Such a drama queen. Almost have to mute when he is on. Watching Live at the Masters and he is insufferable.

Slightly off topic. Anyone planning to buy the new EA PGA Tour Road to the Masters game coming out Friday? Not a huge video game player. But I always loved the career modes on games like these. Will be cool to "play" Augusta in today's age of graphics. Been since 2011 since the course was in a video game.

It's a concession stand. A buck or ten....irrelevant and fans will get the same stuff, regardless. If I can't afford twenty bucks for some grub I don't need to be going.
That's not the point. Point is they could easily gouge patrons like everyone else does but they choose not to.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT