ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee womens coach fired today

I wonder if she was fired for leaving that 6-7 South Carolina girl completely unguarded in the SEC tournament. I mean that was about as bad as it gets.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Imagine explaining a $33 million dollar buyout as one of the poorest states in the country. Smh… y’all are unrealistic.

I’m sure you could find better ways to spend your limited resources.

I wonder if she was fired for leaving that 6-7 South Carolina girl completely unguarded in the SEC tournament. I mean that was about as bad as it gets.
In fairness, I think that player hadn't made a single 3 pointer all year so if you want 1 player taking that shot, that's probably the one. That said, I don't know WHY in the world you'd ever have someone that unguarded to shoot a game winning shot. Pretty baffling what happened there.

UT is still trying to find the Summit magic but hasn't been able to do it through 2 coaches. My guess is that they are going to target Kara Lawson from Duke.

After 4 years . Took Tennessee to the ncaa 4 times but never got by the sweet 16 . That's what I call a AD holding people accountable. unbelievable what we are dealing with here in Kentucky
So she didn’t have four Final Fours and a championship?

So she didn’t have four Final Fours and a championship?
She also didn’t have a 9-16 season , 2 missed tournaments, and 2 of the worst tournament losses in school history. I don’t think she ever lost to Robert Morris, Evansville, Richmond, St Peters, Kansas State ( 2 times), and UNC Wilmington just to name a few of those powerhouse teams.

In fairness, I think that player hadn't made a single 3 pointer all year so if you want 1 player taking that shot, that's probably the one. That said, I don't know WHY in the world you'd ever have someone that unguarded to shoot a game winning shot. Pretty baffling what happened there.

UT is still trying to find the Summit magic but hasn't been able to do it through 2 coaches. My guess is that they are going to target Kara Lawson from Duke.
I would have liked Lawson here. I agree that she’s got to be high on UT’s list.

Matthew Mitchell would kill it there.
There’s rumors that he is high on the list…at one point I thought he was going to be the coach here again. At least from reading this board… Did something happen that he wasn’t? Wonder if he knew this was coming at TN and held out for hope of getting the job.

I would have liked Lawson here. I agree that she’s got to be high on UT’s list.
They have got to break the Pat Summitt tree and quit looking for someone from UT and just hire the best coach available. The two coaches since Summitt have both been UT people and they haven't made a Final Four at all and haven't made it past the Sweet 16 the last 7 seasons. Lawson hasn't done anything special in her 4 seasons at Duke...they finished 7th in the ACC this year.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Yet they still demand coaches meet expectations. (Shrug)
So where in Rupp will you be hanging your moral superiority banners?
We don’t hang banners for meeting basic standards. You would have to have standards to understand that. Good luck to your dirty Vol tho.

Imagine explaining a $33 million dollar buyout as one of the poorest states in the country. Smh… y’all are unrealistic.

I’m sure you could find better ways to spend your limited resources.
You are so damn clueless it's funny . Poorest state , limited resources .. etc etc if you think so little of Kentucky then pack up and move your ass out . It wasnt the buyout , the money is there , it's everywhere to be honest . The Clarke's business generates 100-500 mil a year .. thats 1 person . This Oh Ky is sooo poor is bullshit . Ky is rich IMO . And I dont give a damn what govt statistic you want to throw out at me . If the U of K wanted to can Cal they would have , they chose not to .. it was a choice on HOW to spend that cash , not because the cash wasnt there . Your post suck . Take about a year off.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
You are so damn clueless it's funny . Poorest state , limited resources .. etc etc if you think so little of Kentucky then pack up and move your ass out . It wasnt the buyout , the money is there , it's everywhere to be honest . The Clarke's business generates 100-500 mil a year .. thats 1 person . This Oh Ky is sooo poor is bullshit . Ky is rich IMO . And I dont give a damn what govt statistic you want to throw out at me . If the U of K wanted to can Cal they would have , they chose not to .. it was a choice on HOW to spend that cash , not because the cash wasnt there . Your post suck . Take about a year off.

Oh Manitou... why would you think I live in Kentucky?

You can't possibly be that obtuse. But I guess you are. Yes, there are people who are wealthy in Kentucky, but the overall state is one of the poorest. Your disregard of "govt statitics" only adds to your ignorance.

Now you want everyone to believe that money was not a issue with Cal, and the state itself is teeming with money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT