ADVERTISEMENT

Talent

It isn’t about coaching. It is about talent. They have all 4 and 5 stars. We have 3’s. It is really simple
Bull shit. If you think this is a well coached team then I can't help you. I've never seen a program give the other team so many free TDs because of kicking themselves in the foot. Sure, our talent is not great, but we shouldn't shit the bed almost every game. These games should be more competitive yet they are often over in the first quarter.

Stop

1. It’s year 11. That dog ain’t going to hunt at this point
2. Talented isn’t the issue for Arkansas ole kids etc to play close game
You seriously want to trade programs with arky? Lol

It’s year 11 and we are in the golden age of Kentucky football. Let that sink in for a second. Who exactly do you think we are?

Reactions: Knoffs73
You seriously want to trade programs with arky? Lol

It’s year 11 and we are in the golden age of Kentucky football. Let that sink in for a second. Who exactly do you think we are?
Learn to read …clearly stated in year 11 Talent isn’t a valid excuse. And Arkansas and ole miss are able to play more competitive games

So I don’t care to hear the talent baloney

Learn to read …clearly stated in year 11 Talent isn’t a valid excuse. And Arkansas and ole miss are able to play more competitive games

Anytime Kentucky plays bama, talent is an excuse. Ole Miss is loaded with talent too. Arky caught bama sleeping because they suck worse than we do.

Reactions: footerball
Absolutely correct. There are some fans that refuse to accept that, but it is reality.
Arkansas played them within a field goal. South Florida played them better. Might as well shut the program down with that attitude. When you have less talent you have to have better coaching. UT had better talent than us and we beat them a few times. Then they hire the right coach and Stoops is 0-3 and two of those being at home.

So what are you saying, just give up and put up with this ish?
I’m saying support your team. Celebrate the wins where we can get them. But stop expecting Kentucky to be Georgia or Alabama. Stop thinking urban Meyer or Kirby or someone of that ilk to come here and be our savior. We will not be Georgia in football for the same reason Georgia will not be Kentucky in basketball. Have some perspective

• Love
Reactions: RobEStacy
I get some of you fans go back to the early days but don't hate on folks that want more or expect more. With success, comes expectations. So while Ky is far improved from the past 70 years you have been a fan and spectator, it's ok for fans to want more and its ok for you to be satisfied with 6 wins, we all have different expectations, it's ok.

I’m saying support your team. Celebrate the wins where we can get them. But stop expecting Kentucky to be Georgia or Alabama. Stop thinking urban Meyer or Kirby or someone of that ilk to come here and be our savior. We will not be Georgia in football for the same reason Georgia will not be Kentucky in basketball. Have some perspective
With that the case, I just don’t see the point. If I have no chance to win, then why even play. Seems futile to me. Just let alabama, ohio st. Georgia and michigan play each other every week and detetmine a true champion of those four. After awhile, who is gonna care and why should we?

Reactions: UKat1
It was a first round TKO today.
UK's players just didn't answer the bell.
I'm not going to debate the coaching big picture but bad coaching didn't put us down 21 in the first 10 min of the game.
Our guys just did not compete at a level they needed to match Bama today..

🙄

Did we win the toss today. I hope not. With our defense there is a good chance you are going to be down if you give them the ball. Typical Stoops playing scared if we gave them the ball. Why not try and get a score and some momentum in a game that you need every advantage that you can?

Reactions: UKat1
I'm not going to debate the coaching big picture but bad coaching didn't put us down 21 in the first 10 min of the game.
Our guys just did not compete at a level they needed to match Bama today..
Either Stoops needs to recruit better players and more talent or he needs to learn how to coach them up better and motivate them more. Either way it's a coaching issue.

It isn’t about coaching. It is about talent. They have all 4 and 5 stars. We have 3’s. It is really simple
It's about both. Switch coaches a few months back and this is a competitive game today, regardless of talent. Keep building momentum and in a few years those players start coming to Kentucky. See how that works? In the reverse, what do you think would happen to Alabama in a few years with say Joker Phillips or Kragthorpe as the head coach? COACHING MATTERS.

It’s a mixture of both, but more coaching. The defensive tactics in big games are terrible, the offense never has any consistency to it
And is just meh all the time. The conservative play not to lose bull crap in year 11 after constantly getting shown that you can’t play that way anymore is to biggest gripe I have

Last edited:
It's about both. Switch coaches a few months back and this is a competitive game today, regardless of talent. Keep building momentum and in a few years those players start coming to Kentucky. See how that works? In the reverse, what do you think would happen to Alabama in a few years with say Joker Phillips or Kragthorpe as the head coach? COACHING MATTERS.
Coaching does matter. Just look at Mizzu, UT, and UofL. Better product on the field just by changing coaches. Jimbo getting as much talent as anyone and struggles to field an above average team.

Obviously it's both. However, most of it is Jimmies and Joes. The eye test says that Alabama out athleted us at virtually every position. Our guys looked like high schoolers chasing their receivers and Milroe particularly.

Obviously it's both. However, most of it is Jimmies and Joes. The eye test says that Alabama out athleted us at virtually every position. Our guys looked like high schoolers chasing their receivers and Milroe particularly.
True. Still no excuse to not put up a better fight. There are either locker room issues or really inferior coaching. Georgia and Bama both have steamrolled us like no other SEC team..

Go back and looks at recruiting rankings. Ole miss ain’t head of KY by much

This talent bullcrap isn’t an excuse to be this uncompetitive
Dude the state of Mississippi produces way more talent than Kentucky, ole Miss is a bigger name football program, and they have Jackson dart. Its not just about recruiting rankings and high school
Kids anymore. The talent gap between uk and ole miss has widened. Surely you can look on the field and see that

Really on talent??? Are you watching Mizzou right now? They're recruiting classes the past few years haven't been any better than ours, very equal talent to what we have....the difference between UK and them is Coaching and Scheme.....

Mizzou is beating the shit out of Tennessee, a team than continues to dominate Kentucky. Their is no reason at all Kentucky can’t do and become what Mizzou has done this year, in year 11 it’s sad that damn Eli drinkwitz is a better coach then mark stoops

Last edited:
Dude the state of Mississippi produces way more talent than Kentucky, ole Miss is a bigger name football program, and they have Jackson dart. Its not just about recruiting rankings and high school
Kids anymore. The talent gap between uk and ole miss has widened. Surely you can look on the field and see that
Yeah, it really started widening when Lane Kiffin showed up. Odd how that works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT