ADVERTISEMENT

Synergy Breaks Down Murray's PanAm Performance

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
CKyaey1UMAA3HAq.png

Synergy Sports Tech ‏@SynergySST 4h4 hours ago
Jamal Murray has shown the pure scoring ability to thrive in UK's dribble-drive O, pick/roll vision NBA loves, + upside as Canadian NT star.

Very impressive kid. I'm 50 and I don't remember ever seeing a kid explode onto the scene in such dramatic fashion, in such a short time. I really find it almost unbelievable. The basketball IQ, passing and shooting from our backcourt is just going to be ridiculous. If these guys all gel, Skal and Poy are going to feast like kings.

Very impressive kid. I'm 50 and I don't remember ever seeing a kid explode onto the scene in such dramatic fashion, in such a short time. I really find it almost unbelievable. The basketball IQ, passing and shooting from our backcourt is just going to be ridiculous. If these guys all gel, Skal and Poy are going to feast like kings.
Gel and stay healthy. We've had bad luck the last two years losing a key player.

A. Davis's might be even bigger. He's continue to explode onto a scene.

The kid is very well rounded player, i can't wait for him to farther grow at UK. Should be great. I also like he goes out to get rebound. He's a great basketball player.

Reactions: brianpoe
Ridiculous stats. Especially his iso shooting percentage. Explains how he's been able to take over games so often. When you shoot 86% from the field, you tend to turn the tides a bit.
All 3 of our guards are very good in iso and pick and roll/pick and pop. Cal knows very well how this team needs to play to win, and win often.

The kid is very well rounded player, i can't wait for him to farther grow at UK. Should be great. I also like he goes out to get rebound. He's a great basketball player.

No sh** AD might be bigger, these days thats like saying MJ or LeBron might be bigger. None the less JM looks insanely impressive and I cannot wait to see the 15-16 squad develop

Was thinking the same thing... Davis just blew up (and grew up) SO fast and went from a somewhat heralded recruit to bonifide NBA star in, like, two years.

Very impressive showing by an 18 year old going against the higher level competition he just faced. I see him coming to UK as a much more composed and mature freshman than many he have seen anywhere lately and I think that bodes well for UK this season. Can't wait.

Was thinking the same thing... Davis just blew up (and grew up) SO fast and went from a somewhat heralded recruit to bonifide NBA star in, like, two years.

Yeah, his explosion onto the scene has been extraordinary, but I was talking about the recruiting scene specifically. Murray wasn't on any radars that I'm aware of until the Hoop Summit. AD was known about a year earlier.

Yeah, his explosion onto the scene has been extraordinary, but I was talking about the recruiting scene specifically. Murray wasn't on any radars that I'm aware of until the Hoop Summit. AD was known about a year earlier.

Sure, agreed. To be honest, when you guys signed Murray I wasn't too too worried. I am now much more worried:)

Reactions: bigc45157
No sh** AD might be bigger, these days thats like saying MJ or LeBron might be bigger. None the less JM looks insanely impressive and I cannot wait to see the 15-16 squad develop

No. AD exploded onto the scene as well with his growth spurt

Yes he very well-rounded players. I agree it not just he shooting, it others thing he do like passing and playing defensively. Kids is going to do so much for us on both end of floors.

Cannot waits to see 3 guard in backcourts. The wildcard to me is Briscoe. I want to see he play and how he gel with team. Cal will have his hand full with management 3 scorer guard. Cal have lot of option with differences set he's can runs. Will be funs to watch, can't waits! Go Big Blues!!

Last edited:
Very impressive numbers indeed . With the games finished in Toronto, Murray is expected to join the Cats sometime in August.

Might want to go see a doctor about that memory. We had this guy by the name of Anthony Davis a few years ago. Went from an unknown 6'3" (or somewhere close to that) guard to a national champion, then to a world champion, and is now widely considered one of the top 5 best players in the NBA.

Jamal Murray has a long way to go... but he's off to a great start!

Might want to go see a doctor about that memory. We had this guy by the name of Anthony Davis a few years ago. Went from an unknown 6'3" (or somewhere close to that) guard to a national champion, then to a world champion, and is now widely considered one of the top 5 best players in the NBA.

Jamal Murray has a long way to go... but he's off to a great start!

My memory is fine, you may want to read the whole thread. Everyone knew who AD was more than a year before arriving at UK. No one knew Murray 4 months ago. My post was about a superstar popping up out of no where at the very end of the recruiting cycle. AD was most certainly nothing like that.

Sure, agreed. To be honest, when you guys signed Murray I wasn't too too worried. I am now much more worried:)

You should have been worried all along and you better be worried now LOL. We got 2 of the top 5 players in the country. Not just in this class but in all of college basketball. And everything a championship team needs. Who's your team anyways?

You should have been worried all along and you better be worried now LOL. We got 2 of the top 5 players in the country. Not just in this class but in all of college basketball. And everything a championship team needs. Who's your team anyways?

Duke class of '97 :)

Yes he very well-rounded players. I agree it not just he shooting, it others thing he do like passing and playing defensively. Kids is going to do so much for us on both end of floors.

Cannot waits to see 3 guard in backcourts. The wildcard to me is Briscoe. I want to see he play and how he gel with team. Cal will have his hand full with management 3 scorer guard. Cal have lot of option with differences set he's can runs. Will be funs to watch, can't waits! Go Big Blues!!

Grammar police needed!

My memory is fine, you may want to read the whole thread. Everyone knew who AD was more than a year before arriving at UK. No one knew Murray 4 months ago. My post was about a superstar popping up out of no where at the very end of the recruiting cycle. AD was most certainly nothing like that.

Should have been on the board here last yr. I wrote some very nice things about the kid when I watched him play and said he was one of the best players I had seen play last year.
Before he played in the Nike Hoops game I restated my thoughts on how much of a player he was and another poster then commented on how he was going to be playing in the Nike Hoops Summit. I told everybody to keep an eye on him as he is dynomite!
Some on here wasn't too concerned about him as they said it was just one measily all star game. Them he had a repeat performance in 2 other games. Then UK, Duke and other schools were knocking on his door.

Well the rest is history and I'm proud to say...told you guys he was good ;)

Reactions: Stonewall12
Huh, how did you stumble across him. He wasn't even the rankings then, was he? It is incredible that his talent stayed off the radar for so long. When it is finally recognized he goes from obscurity to an elite recruit to #6 in next years mock draft, in a matter of a few months. I'll say it again, I've never seen anything like it.

ADVERTISEMENT