ADVERTISEMENT

Such a Cal Stunt

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
Has his name all over the sports pages overshadowing the championship. Not a coincidence. I really thought he was a "good" person. Now I think he is just vindictive. He had every chance to fix this thing. Now he wants to play victim. Pitino left like a man. Tubby left like a man. Billy ran like a man :). Cal sneaks off in the night.

I think this is just some confirmation bias stuff. The job came open, what do you expect?

Did you want him to delay the negotiations/announcement until after the title game? Delaying UK's search? Possibly making us miss out on players/coaching options?

Reactions: JonathanW
I think this is just some confirmation bias stuff. The job came open, what do you expect?

Did you want him to delay the negotiations/announcement until after the title game? Delaying UK's search? Possibly making us miss out on players/coaching options?
No but I don't expect it after a meeting of he was staying

no worries. 100 percent agree
I'll ask you too, what was the alternative that would make this not a stunt? Should Arkansas actually take into consideration 'not overshadowing the championship' while trying to lock down a coach?

No but I don't expect it after a meeting of he was staying
That's just coach speak in general, you have to play PR just in case something doesn't open up for you to leave. Did you want Mitch and him to come out and say, well, yeah, we know this is over but UK can't afford my buyout, I'm not leaving for free, but I'll be seeking other opportunities?

Both sides needed to save face in the event he was going to be here next year, is what it is. Every coach is where they wanna be and are staying until they aren't, just the game that's played.

Reactions: d2atTech and know1
That's just coach speak in general, you have to play PR just in case something doesn't open up for you to leave. Did you want Mitch and him to come out and say, well, yeah, we know this is over but UK can't afford my buyout, I'm not leaving for free, but I'll be seeking other opportunities?

Both sides needed to save face in the event he was going to be here next year, is what it is. Every coach is where they wanna be and are staying until they aren't, just the game that's played.
Yes. Handled poorly

Thinking two professionals would handle it professionally, of course.
Ok I'll bite.

Write a joint statement from Mitch and Cal after the loss, that covers the possibility of Cal leaving, of Cal staying, and doesn't completely ruin the look of UK Basketball from a management perspective.

And before you use the cop out it was already ruined, it can always be worse and look even more like a clown show.

It was handled the way every sudden coaching departure is handled, and that's the coach is here until he isn't.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Ok I'll bite.

Write a joint statement from Mitch and Cal after the loss, that covers the possibility of Cal leaving, of Cal stay, and doesn't completely ruin the look of UK Basketball from a management perspective.

And before you use the cop out it was already ruined, it can always be worse and look even more like a clown show.

It was handled the way every sudden coaching departure is handled, and that's the coach is here until he isn't.
How about having your ducks in order before setting up a tv interview proclaiming cal's return. Let's start there. If there were any concerns or doubts, the meeting shouldn't of happen unless barnhart was caught by surprise.

• Haha
Reactions: Lempface
How about having your ducks in order before setting up a tv interview proclaiming cal's return. Let's start there. If there were any concerns or doubts, the meeting shouldn't of happen unless barnhart was caught by surprise.
Glad you aren't in PR my friend.

Why would Cal or UK or Arkansas care if any of this overshadows the championship?

That sounds like a UConn/Purdue problem.

Reactions: deplion
Are you?

"Coach Cal is our coach. We will continue to meet and discuss the future of UK Basketball"

Not hard
Lol UK fans would lost their shit with this statement. Also it would make Cal already feel less supported than he already was and push him out even faster if that’s possible.

What happened is just the nature of the business with the way the coaching carousel works. No need for fans to get in their feelings about it.

What Cal did yesterday ( and today) is why UK hired Cal

to do that sort of stuff as coach, to be in the discussion.

In the words of Chris Rock

That tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went tiger!

Cal is just being Cal, always will.

Why would Cal or UK or Arkansas care if any of this overshadows the championship?

That sounds like a UConn/Purdue problem.
Seriously….? UK or Ark…they wouldn’t care. But Cal gets a chance to steal the national spotlight…yeah, I can definitely see that for this egotistical bastard!!

Has his name all over the sports pages overshadowing the championship. Not a coincidence. I really thought he was a "good" person. Now I think he is just vindictive. He had every chance to fix this thing. Now he wants to play victim. Pitino left like a man. Tubby left like a man. Billy ran like a man :). Cal sneaks off in the night.
Calipari has never done a single thing in his life that wasn't primarily for Calipari. Sometimes those things did provide benefits for others, but his motivation is marketing himself and feeding his own ego -- always.

Hey, narcissistic underachievers still REALLY like negative attention too!!! He made sure to put the guilt trip poor me victim narrative in with I felt like they didn't want me anymore, my feelings are hurt. While he coached the worst game I've ever seen against Oakland, to showcase Edwards and Wagner. You just knew soon as Wagner's in there we're going down 6-12 points within 3 mins. Then plays 3 non shooting bigs at same time while getting murdered by a hot guard on the perimeter. Never attempts to hedge screens or change defenses. Obvious agenda of players over school. Bye CCC you couldn't hide YOURSELF forever.

Reactions: MO_Blue
Npd clear as day

Cal has no character he is all about Cal, I wanted him to leave but he should have did it after the loss to Oakland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT